tw@t's on the field .. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: tw@t's on the field ..

As long as you can justify your actions use whatever force you deem necessary. If someone was getting aggressive and acted upon this aggression with physical intimidation I'd be well withing my rights to defend myself.

Comment

No you cant use whatever force you deem necessary. Force used must always be reasonable. This is determined by a reasonable man test, would a reasonable man think that the amount of force used was reasonable. Hitting someone because the shoulder barged you would not be viewed as a reasonable amount of force. Yes the dude was a prick but don't confuse that with the ability to attack at will.
      Zeroin - Come for the airsoft. Stay for the trolling.

Comment

I'm not confusing that fact at all if you read my post correctly.
        A shoulder barge is deemed an action of violence, to that end that shoulder barge is a hard physical contact done to either cause injury or to place somebody in a position of further threat or to knock them to the floor.
        In return reasonable force would be putting the other person into a position where they are of no further threat, this means reasonably I could suppress them to the floor in a controlled manner as to not inflict serious or life threatening injuries.
        If that person was to stand there and shout threatening language to me, my only course of action is words.
        People at that site do know me and also know I have a pretty good temperament BUT I don't take kindly to physical or verbal threats of violence, and I certainly will not stand there and be assaulted either.
        I work from an ROE everyday and for that fact I have a very good idea of what 'reasonable force' and 'self defence' is.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I do believe we are both misunderstanding one another.
          But I honestly would never suggest those set of actions in those circumstances purely as a jury may not see it the same way.
          Zeroin - Come for the airsoft. Stay for the trolling.

Comment

Er, can we leave the finite details of law to the Law Society and the Bar Council, and get on with being rude about everyone elses imperfections? (cos none of us ever behave like a twat. Ever. We're all perfect)
            Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

• Here here. That Sean fellow, ears like an elephant from his picture. Never forgets you know. That Hawke fellow, splendid fellow. Dare I say all around nice chap. I believe people are referring to common law as has been placed under CJA? Thrilling stuff indeed. Time for a fine brandy after this legal talk.
              Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
              Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

My dear fellow, Ive just aired and warmed the Brandy to a fine room temperature.
                Should be a splendid tipple.
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Chaps, we were very close to having our first picnic of the winter there.

Put the blankets and hampers away.
                  Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Yesturday it was me, threw a pyrotechnic at op force, said pyrotechnic hit a tree, bounced back, landed a meter from me and the squad I was in. I shout run then bang! Were all dead, oops!
                    sigpic

Comment

• I had someone on Saturday who broke the sight off their see through XM8, and sat out for the rest of the afternoon. He couldn't play with the gun (despite it fully working) because it didn't have a sight on it. I face-palmed so hard I hurt my face.

Comment

APPARENTLY I wasn't taking my hits so rather than go to a marshal or just walk over and talk to me about it they decided that walking upto me and shooting me full auto in the face would work out better.

I never get angry and have never wanted to hit someone (unless it's self defensive ofc) but this made my blood boil! I was so closing to punching this geriatric c**t.

The marshal did nothing about it then later on I'm the one getting a bollocking for apparently shooting people too close.
                        I'm sorry but if it was real life and there's some enemy with an AK when I run around the corner my instinct isn't going to be shouting "BANG!"

One rule for one, one rule for another.
                        Seems like brown nosing regulars have their own set of rules.

Glad I was wearing something over my mouth too!

Last edited by blytm; 4 January, 2013, 01:48. Reason: restored and edited.
                        TM SOPMOD [Fully Upgraded] | TM VSR [M40A3]

Comment

Where exactly were you playing?

Comment

Arena Airsoft in Grimsby
                            TM SOPMOD [Fully Upgraded] | TM VSR [M40A3]

Comment

Bad story. 100% tw@. Sounds like bad marshalling too.

Comment

Originally posted by AshUMP View Post
                                **Post Removed**
                                I'm not an advocate of violence but sometimes...
                                Did you not think of another option?assault,the odd "extra loving" when you're not taking hits is propably the "norm" but this player inteneded to cause you serious permenant harm and so should suffer the consequences.
                                You have the photographic evidence,you had witnesses(?),was he alone?I can't see how a group would condone this action,I certainly wouldn't want to play with a player like that.
                                You could've hung around got his name from the organiser if they were willing to help or even his licence plate and progressed from there,it doesn't matter what the disclaimer says assault is not part of the agreement.
                                Great advert for the site and the sport...but I will add this is only your side of the story,we'll see what progresses,hope you're ok though.
                                Last edited by sj_asc; 22 December, 2012, 11:55. Reason: Update

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X