Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: tw@t's on the field ..

They are clearly the same story!
    One is just a more detailed and better worded version of the other.

Colin I invite you to point out how they are different "incompatible" stories
    Fire Team Zulu
    Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
    http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

I hate it when people cut the crust off their sandwiches, your hair won't curl without crusts.

Would someone please pass the ginger beer?

Comment

as a once hairy chested individual whos sister has taken up waxing as a proffession i seriously regret eating my crusts

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by MrGoodcat View Post
          Because the first one paints you and your friends as massive arseholes, while the second is an attempt to claw back some credibility.
          I had to do that because I assumed wrongly that some people on here can read into what is written on this forum not just have a look at the outline and assume what is written is the exact truth, and if people cared to read all the comments they would see that I have backed up my arguments several times, yet people still choose to ignore what I have said an believe what they want to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDumbass View Post
            Back in the day when F&O ran The Mall, there was a group (and i shit you not) of about 9/ 10 players with matching gear using fancy guns with tracer units and prism corner sights. Apparently the blind firing rule doesn't apply to you if you have one of those. They were untouchable for the whole day, pissed everyone off and ruined the fun.
            Depends on the sites rules surely. Blind firing by definition is firing blind, ie not looking at what you're shooting at.

If the rules are "you must present yourself" it's a different matter altogether.

Not sticking up for use of corner sights, but by definition, it's not blind firing.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

Oooo does anyone fancy a wagon wheel ?

Comment

Pretty sure they wouldn't allow this these days, thankfully. There's a bit in the brief about "riot shielding", which is basically standing with your arm around a clear door/window, and using the transparency to see where you're firing, and thus not be "blind firing" either. Not sure if they call it blind firing or not - either way, it's still banned .

Originally posted by El_Boomo View Post
                Depends on the sites rules surely. Blind firing by definition is firing blind, ie not looking at what you're shooting at.

If the rules are "you must present yourself" it's a different matter altogether.

Not sticking up for use of corner sights, but by definition, it's not blind firing.

Comment

Originally posted by Smintheus View Post
                  Pretty sure they wouldn't allow this these days, thankfully. There's a bit in the brief about "riot shielding", which is basically standing with your arm around a clear door/window, and using the transparency to see where you're firing, and thus not be "blind firing" either. Not sure if they call it blind firing or not - either way, it's still banned .
                  Fair enough. The School run a similar rule, which I agree with. Urban Assault, on the other hand, used to run a no blind firing only rule when I used to play there, stating you must be able to see where you're firing.

Comment

My regular site uses clear riot shields for some games, however, when you want to shoot you have to 'open' the shield and present a target.
                    section 24 of the 1968 Act
                    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDumbass View Post
                      Back in the day when F&O ran The Mall, there was a group (and i shit you not) of about 9/ 10 players with matching gear using fancy guns with tracer units and prism corner sights. Apparently the blind firing rule doesn't apply to you if you have one of those. They were untouchable for the whole day, pissed everyone off and ruined the fun.
                      I can honestly say, We've never allowed corner sights whilst firing since I've worked at the mall - nearly five years.
                      I even got questioned about it in the main brief yesterday morning.
                      If you have one you may LOOK but you may not fire. That would be riot sheilding.
                      AP.

Comment

Took a mate airsofting for the first time at the local woodland sight yesterday. All was going well until the first game of the afternoon. Running through the middle of the sight is a small stream type thing, that both teams had to cross to place a bomb in the other teams half of the site. The game starts, and a group of regulars heads off to secure the bridge on the right flank.

All was going well, until one of the regulars started screaming orders at the rest of the team to push across the stream. All this bloke seemed to be doing was shouting orders, and running away when people started to shoot at him. The way the site is set out, had my team on low ground trying to push uphill and cross the stream. With the enemy at the top of the small hill, accomplishing this was almost impossible, and all this guy thought to do was to shouting rather than getting stuck in and attempting to push up the hill himself.

2nd game after dinner, once again, this guy takes him team off to go and sit on the objective we had to defend. The rest of the team sets up to defend the first base the enemy would get to. After holding off the other team for a fair amount of time, i was hit and fell back to the regen point. As i was walking back, my mate comes wandering out of the woods, also hit. We re-arm at the regen point and off we go heading towards the direction where he was killed by a large enemy force. After a while, we enter the clearing where the final base, and the objective was. As we walk out, the guy who was shouting stops talking to two dead enemies, comes over and says "Guys, Turn around and form a skirmish line over there". Now, it wasnt what he said, but how he said it. The disdain and the tone of his voice clearly conveyed his feelings: Primarily that he was better than us, and all we were good for in his eyes was getting shot so his team could take all the glory.

This may not seem like "tw@ish" behavior, but it certainly felt like it at the time. I usually avoid this site purely because i dont want to play alongside people who seem to think they can order everyone else around, it was just easier for my mate to get to. Obviously there is a time and a place for taking the lead and getting the team to work together. Unfortunately, i think this guy went about it in entirely the wrong way.

Thanks for reading.

Comment

Sounds like Bolton to me?
                          If it was I know who you mean, might seem like a bit of a dick but you probably would have taken the hill if you had listened to what he was saying. i agree his tone can be a bit hostile although he did sit at the back that whole last game so other newer players could go and get stuck in. ( I was one of the dead enemy btw)

Comment

Got it in one matey.

Fair enough. It makes more sense now as to why he was no where to be seen in the last game. As ive said before, i think he went about motivation entirely the wrong way. But, saying that, hes probably a nice guy who was getting frustrated with the lack of progress. At least he tried to take the initiative and pull the team together in a scenario where teamwork was key to success. Unfortunately, your lads seemed to be pretty well organised, and didn't make life easy for us when we tried to take the hill.

Comment

People just need to understand that not everyone is paying to be hollered at and told what to do.

I don't 'give orders'. I ask people to cover me, or ask them to try and move up to the next piece of cover.

What's more, if they don't, I don't get shitty about it.
                              sigpic
                              "I are God, lol."

Comment

Nothing much to add.... but happy to see the Online Picnic is still a going concern.

Nice Chaps will always prevail.
                                Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X