Negative feedback for time wasters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Negative feedback for time wasters?

To add a note after re-reading this thread, contract law applies to anyone selling or buying, be it for a retailer or a private sale
    Originally posted by Mike581
    L129A1 wanted complete or unfinished project SR-25k URX
    Originally posted by mark2191
    i know someone who is selling an ares l85 a2 if thats any good?
    "Peace sucks hairy ass-hole Freddy, war is the motherf#@*ing answer!"

Comment

Im sick to death with these time wasters have had a few. Lack of communication a ridiculous length between pm replys and thats after coming up with a reduced price that both parties are happy with. Not only do they waste my time but also the time of other people who are interested and do uphold there end of the agreement.

I agree with Newbz1, Negative feedback does need to be used sparingly also appropriately.

So should time wasters get negative feedback? Yes they should but keep in mind its upto us differentiate between the simple passers by and the real cretins that string you along with deceitful lies and feed you suger coated storys that are really just due to there bone idle attitude.

So what can we do about it? Negative feedback is one road to walk along, but one that is often effective is name and shame. Once a name is known the problem does in most cases disappear.

More than one way to skin a cat or should that be a rat in this case? lol

Comment

"Time wasters" should not be given negative feedback.

The iTrader ratings should only be used for concluded sales on this forum, discussing and agreeing a price are not concluded sales. Only once funds/items have changed hands is it a concluded sale.

Comment

I agree with rampage with this one for the reasons he has stated. As annoying as time wasters are (and I have had to deal with my fair share) it's a slippery slope when you can leave negative feedback when no money has changed hands. It would lead to revenge ratings and it would spiral out of control. As someone else said negative feedback should be left for the real conmen and dbags.
          For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
          Check out my other sales!

Comment

Yes all in all perhaps neutral feedback with details would be optimum with timewasters...

Comment

I don't think you can leave feedback when no transaction has occured, until money has changed hands surely neither party is obliged to do anything.

If you agree to hold an item for someone, that's your lookout, personally I never hold items for people, first come first served.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

As soon as someone says yes to a deal you have a gentlemans agreement, no money needs pass between parties, the deal has been struck just not concluded,

That said timewasters should be treated as such, that threat alone will stop the tyre kickers, albeit most timewasters are kids or those with no defence.

Comment

That's a fair call , and I agree !

How ever , my team mate struck a verbal "gentlemens" agreement with someone , to purchase an AEG and at the last minute the seller pulled out .... With the excuse of " money talks , someone offer me more " and to be fair there wasn't much difference in the price .... basically what I'm tryin to say is there are genuine reasons for some folks pulling out of there agreed deals ...... But most are just Dicks !
                  Mmmmmm.........Nachos

Comment

Originally posted by wolfsteiger View Post
                    albeit most timewasters are kids or those with no defence.
                    Which is something you should check before making the agreement...

Comment

Originally posted by blytm View Post
                      I always do, I'd never endanger my hobby for the sake of a second hand sale but it's a shame folk think it ok to risk it

Comment

I really think people need to be careful and not give out blanket terms.

Some deals are in chains

Guy buying aw338
                        Starts looking for accessories
                        Makes deal

Aw338 falls through - no need for accessories.

I genuinely feel that that is fair reason to cancel.
                        I rarely feel people time waste on purpose

Everyone wants a good deal. So why not try and get something at a lower price as people's circumstances change after making the post
                        Eg. Money needed quicker so sale price drops. However such details may not be posted
                        sigpic

Comment

find him and rape him.

no one likes being raped.
                          K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

But not relevant if you're selling say, accessories or tac kit.
                            "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                            Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

I take the money then check defence. If it turns out they haven't got one, I just hang on to their money for as long as I possibly can. Serve the time-wasting, trying little fuckers right.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
                              Working...
                              X