This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Signatures - dissapeared

rampage it wasn't directed at you as you said earlier that you cannot even edit that page

and panoptes , that too complex for me , so that means the sigs, are supplied by another site memory

Comment

Yes. The images aren't sourced from Z1's servers so they don't drain bandwidth at all.

Comment

ah cool

so why are they removed me thinking

Comment

Incorrect.. some and alot were hosted via the forum as you could upload your own sig. However it is the sql calling time that uses up recources as well. Not calling the signature table does save a noticible amount of recources.

Comment

It's insignificant. If it is significant, there's something very wrong with the database or settings. Simple answer is just to disable forum-hosted images and have them linked off-site instead.

Comment

The forum user table was huge, even text adds up, more so on sql querying (calling the sig info).

Comment

so how come the mods still have theirs?

are we to get the sig's back or is is a case of put up shut up?

if that is the case then I feel it would be courteous for the mods to delete their sigs.
                Originally posted by Coz
                Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

I have explained why we still have ours in this thread. As for the reason, as I have said I have no idea, neither does anyone else. Fat_dog made the changes I believe, and I am still waiting to hear back from him. I am only assuming it is to help free up server recources as I was talking to him a couple of weeks back about the issue.

Comment

The permission settings for mods/forum staff I assume are different to normal users.

Don't start this as another mod flaming/bashing thread please - all i wanted to do was alert the staff that i was having an issue seeing sigs.

Comment

so, er... back on topic.

We gunna get our signatures back then?

Comment

I belive I have an idea of what has gone on, and why there are now certain restrictions on accounts.

The 2 normal usergroups have been merged back into one, and the one they have been merged into is the start up group (the one with the account restrictions being no sig and a few other things)

It may have been an over sight on fat_dogs part, but I am only speculating at this time.

Comment

We are aware of the issue but currently this is out of our control, as soon as this is rectified you will be informed.
                          Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 26 February, 2010, 18:11.

Comment

Just to let everyone know, I will soon be able to sort everything out. I am just waiting on a few settings to be changed by fat_dog so that I am able to.

Yes you will get your sigs back.

And

Yes you will have access to 'Rate a Trader'

Comment

thank you for chasing it up rampage

Comment

thank you to all the mods who havw helped sort this out
                                Originally posted by parky
                                If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fossilfuel many things ;) Find out more about Fossilfuel
                                Working...
                                X