Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itrader rating deal.

Hello moddy people!

Just wondering what you thought of the idea of making a threshold on the Itrader ratings. Basically if say a person has 5 feedbacks or something and it falls below 50% (i.e. is a very bad trader like some traders on here) they get their privileges removed so they can no longer trade on here until either A) their outstanding disputes are solved or B)they are banned with all their details gained from people that bought off them, this way they can be added to the list of people to look out for in the traders section.

Ideas/thoughts?

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Re: Itrader rating deal.

personally i think its stupid people on the hall of shame are still allowed to trade, it ruins the whole idea of itrader

Comment

Good in theory, however lets face it, who would deal with anybody with a lot of negative feedback?
      I think the work involved to "police" it possibly isn't worth it.
      Also we might end up with a severe problem of bad traders with multiple accounts.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shiftycapone View Post
        Good in theory, however lets face it, who would deal with anybody with a lot of negative feedback?
        I think the work involved to "police" it possibly isn't worth it.
        Also we might end up with a severe problem of bad traders with multiple accounts.
        A lot of people do, noobs mainly and other people who want a good deal

Comment

"A fool and their money are easily parted". Sometimes traders with low feedback or a just a couple of negative coments are worth a risk. But when you're looking a a 50% score (in ref to OP), the buyer really can't expect to be satisfied with the trade.
          sigpic

Comment

That doesnt make sense, so are you saying if someone had a couple of negative feedback, 0% score, they maybe worth a risk. But if they have a score of 50% which isnt even that bad given for every negative theres a positive, you'd rather trade with the 0%. Just seems a tad weird

Comment

On AV forums (technology forum) they have something like this in place and i managed to get caught out, i was in the process of buying a tv and i was going to pick it up that weekend but then a bill came through that i was not expecting therfire i could not purchase the TV. The buyer then posted on the thread that i was not buying anymore after about a week of me saying i was going to purchase it, the next thing i know i have been slapped a 1 month trader ban which i thiught was ridiculous. So all in all i think good idea but not worth it.

Toby

Comment

Originally posted by tintin102 View Post
                On AV forums (technology forum) they have something like this in place and i managed to get caught out, i was in the process of buying a tv and i was going to pick it up that weekend but then a bill came through that i was not expecting therfire i could not purchase the TV. The buyer then posted on the thread that i was not buying anymore after about a week of me saying i was going to purchase it, the next thing i know i have been slapped a 1 month trader ban which i thiught was ridiculous. So all in all i think good idea but not worth it.

Toby
                Slightly OTT reaction by that forum!

Comment

Originally posted by LeeBristolAirsoft View Post
                  Slightly OTT reaction by that forum!
                  Yes but that's what it's like on there...it work very well and you know a lot about the person you're dealing with.

Also you can't discuss anything via pm, everything has to be done on the thread.

I think it would be a bit much on here though to be honest.
                  Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

Originally posted by LeeBristolAirsoft View Post
                    That doesnt make sense, so are you saying if someone had a couple of negative feedback, 0% score, they maybe worth a risk. But if they have a score of 50% which isnt even that bad given for every negative theres a positive, you'd rather trade with the 0%. Just seems a tad weird
                    Our wires got crossed, I meant traders with "low feedback" not "low % feedback scores".

I was trying to get across that traders with less than 5 feedback, i.e. not many positives with maybe 1/2 negative feedbacks might still be worth the risk to me.

At risk of digressing, I'm always put off by the £900+ first post traders with no feedback.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shiftycapone View Post
                      Yup ala dan gilliam etc (sorry just the most known name and also the biggest scale one) Hence why I said personal details passed onto mods i.e. full name, address if possible paypal addy and what the name said on there etc. Just makes it that bit harder for them to scam again unless they plan on being a gypsy!

Comment

Originally posted by aribos View Post
                        Yup ala dan gilliam etc (sorry just the most known name and also the biggest scale one) Hence why I said personal details passed onto mods i.e. full name, address if possible paypal addy and what the name said on there etc. Just makes it that bit harder for them to scam again unless they plan on being a gypsy!
                        I'd like to the mods getting something like that. It would give buyers and sellers a bit more confidence and put off some bad traders.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well some of my Ratings are from people i havent dealt with.

Comment

Yup or even make a part of the registration form to put in their postcode so it at least narrows it down obviously the details should only be visible to the admins.

Comment

Originally posted by iloveairsoftsniping View Post
                              Well some of my Ratings are from people i havent dealt with.
                              poor feeback is poor. Look's like your trade reputation will need some work.
                              I always try to leave a comment stating what was traded in the feedback so people can see the deal. A bit like a cetain online auction website's feedback system.
                              I can see from your comment that itrader scores can be flawed in the sence that people can leave positive or negative feedback without having dealt.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

aribos Find out more about aribos
                              Working...
                              X