This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suggestion for the Forum

Okay it's just me then, i felt that they did not do a good job with the whole SS thing and the whole WWII topic is something i feel extreemly strongly about, i posted a question in the Q&A thread about the mod's "not acting on their judgement for this one" and it was removed without explanation. I also feel that a lot of issues in the past could have been avoided if someone was open to understanding of diffrent viewpoint's.

Comment

I think some swallowing of pride and getting on with it is in order. This is, after all, only a hobby forum.

The SS thing was distasteful but that is life, I don’t agree with lots of people’s views on lots of issues but I accept there are those views. If we here act like grown-ups (I’m sure plenty have enough years behind them to legally be called so) and keep our heads when resolving issues, things would go much smoother.

But hey what do I know eh?
      Xadin {sha'din} Monkey

Next skirmish: GZ Woodland TBA

Comment

I say we carry on like it never happened ,it'll be forgotten about ,till something else happens, and we can do it all again.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Trigger View Post
          Tbf i am mainly talking about Sci fi Steve and the amount of warnings he has to issue due to the classifieds section.
          My only infractions from this forum are from him, from the classifieds. I think some of the modorators have been corrupted by the 'power' to give infractions. I think Zero One need to evaluate some of there choices for a group of modorators.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
          A brain?
          Originally posted by snuff
          Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

ive had a few runnings with some mods, but i have nothing against them. in my opinion they do a good job considering. and, i spend enough time on here to, hopefully, accurately say it isnt a badly run, slow and messy forum at all. well kept and very well policed.

Comment

this forum is the one i use the most, ive had a few infractions but such is life.
              i started on asuk (chairsoft world) 2years ago before i knew of this forum (nick one of our team worked at z1)
              and can honestly say that some of the whining nasty tossers on asuk who slagged of anybody who had a simple question to ask where enough to put anyone of airsoft for life.
              admittedly last year asuk became a better mannered forum to visit but it was all to late as it came to an end.
              i have read some interesting threads over the last few weeks that i had the common sense to leave alone and not get involved.
              there was some flaming and some very blatent post hiking going on ,with alot of pointless answers to a few legitimate threads which obviously got locked as they were going nowhere and getting out of control.
              you must remember this is zero one airsofts own forum so links to other retailers is obviously a no no ,but even with the rules people still do it.
              as with any forum ,if you dont like it find another i did it with asuk and havent looked back
              m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

I have a suggestion for the forum:

In light of recent events, move the f*ck on and forget about it! Jeeezzzz

I also agree with ethics's point. He may only have 14 posts, but he's kind of right.
                Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

exactly mate, i enjoy the sales and technical section thats it, i dont pay to use this forum so i dont comment on how the owners and the mods run it i have no right to
                  m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

If I started a thread asking for opinions on a "child killers" loadout, people would quite rightly get upset don't you think? Quite some time ago, I started a thread asking for opinions on a BOPE loadout and not one person commented on the fact that they are notorious for killing unarmed civilians and have been linked to the disappearances of hundreds of street kids in Rio.

On the other hand, mention Nazi Germany and everyone gets up in arms. I don't personally agree with the idea of an SS loadout, but it's up to the person wearing it to decide if the look of the uniform (and, let's be honest, the SS uniforms were very nice to look at) is more of a significant issue than the questionable behaviour of some SS units (as well as the deliberate genocide carried out by others).

What was wrong with that thread was the way that it went from being a question to being an anti-SS rant on one side and an I want to wear it regardless defence on the other. Yes, it should have been pulled earlier than it was, but it wasn't. Live with it.

The mods here do a bloody good job 99% of the time, while some members go out of there way to push the boundaries of the rules. People moan about infractions for the sales template, but at least now sales threads are easier to read than they used to be.

It's VERY simple not to get infractions/warnings/bans. Read the rules and stick to them. In all my posts, I've only ever received 3 warnings (none of which I can complain about) and a very short temp ban for joining in the troll feeding the spets started. Other users have told me that they've had dozens of warnings (etc) with less than a few hundred posts and seem proud of it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chazzman1993 View Post
                      ive had a few runnings with some mods, but i have nothing against them. in my opinion they do a good job considering. and, i spend enough time on here to, hopefully, accurately say it isnt a badly run, slow and messy forum at all. well kept and very well policed.
                      Please note, i do not disagree with this, as i said earlier, this is the reason i use this Forum the most, added to the fact that almost the entire airsoft online comunity use this forum... but thats here nor there... lol

Originally posted by waltzinblack View Post
                      I have a suggestion for the forum:

In light of recent events, move the f*ck on and forget about it! Jeeezzzz
                      I also suppose this is the correct course now

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                      People moan about infractions for the sales template, but at least now sales threads are easier to read than they used to be.
                      Also agree to this!
                      Ive only managed to get a few infractions for, for example, not using the sales template in the swaps section as i didnt realise you actually needed to! lol

But overall, nice one mods :D
                      Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
                      Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
                      Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
                      Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

I can see that I am going to have to dig up the thread about warnings & infractions and their difference.

Please realise that a warning is simply a way of returning your post to you, and doesn't mean anything other than a log of what you have done wrong. Enough of the warnings will show that you haven't paid attention to what is required and you will receive an infraction. Infractions are the only ones that really matter.

99% of you will have only received warnings from the classifieds section for failing to use the template. This returns your post to you for easy editing. Please make sure you get this information correct before you complain about infractions that you haven't actually received.

Thanks

Comment

I know this thread is pretty much dealt with now, but I would like to say that all of the moderating team have always been very helpful to me, and I have only had 1 real incident, which Mr Rampage very quickly resolved, and turned out I had misunderstood something or other.

I sell a fair bit on this forum, and as such I have a fair few problems, whether its incorrect use of the template, me putting things in the wrong place, in one case a bump too soon. They have always been fair, and when I have asked what I have done, they always tell me.

I think the mod team are fine, and to be honest, whilst I like all the members that were banned/left over this issue, it was dealt with correctly in my opinion.

I still maintain Rampage, and Keeper to be top airsofters, and the rest of the team to be top moderators.

Well done you all.

CK

Edit: Oh and i've had a couple of pints, so excuse me if this seems a bit "I love you guys"

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

My only gripe in which I kind of understand is , trying for a team forum
                            Been at gz for three years regular and being told
                            Inscribe on forums so can't get team slot
                            But active on site bar having a couple of months off
                            This I can't work out so now getting active on forums
                            That's my only gripe . Mods on forums are pretty good
                            And do a good job to keep everyone happy
                            Aswell as having a life outside Airsoft give the guys a break

Comment

Originally posted by Half Trigger View Post
                              In my opinion, and no doubt many others, this forum is the main and best airsoft forum
                              In your opinion it may be the best but its certainly not the main airsoft forum. We have less than 10 active foreign users.
                              Looks like someone saw the future
                              Originally posted by BROWNING91
                              MiniSnipa- just some advice... i think you have already been warned for posting non-sence, spam etc.. keep it up and your probably be banned.

Comment

Starbuck would you care to make a relevent (to the thread) point to go with that statement?
                                Xadin {sha'din} Monkey

Next skirmish: GZ Woodland TBA

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

nick Find out more about nick
                                Working...
                                X