Clasifieds Spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clasifieds Spam

There seems to be an awful lot of spam being posted in the classifieds section of this forum recently. Please read the classifieds rules to make sure that you don't end up breaking them.

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...26#Classifieds

If there is any rule that you don't understand please let me know, and I will do my best to explain it to you.

Thanks

Re: Clasifieds Spam

+1.

You know me rampage.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I too am seeing this issue alot more since i came off my 1 month break. Usually "Pics" "where's the Photos".

Can't you just ban all people that spam the ads. Not for ever of course. Perhaps a day for first offence, 3 days for second offence and so on.

I think the moderating needs to be enforced more in some areas, and this is one of those areas. The forum just looks really untidy with all spammy comments.

Also another good thing would be autolocking the threads after it's made. So all offers would have to be done via P.M That would then cut out the spam issue in the classifieds

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
        Also another good thing would be autolocking the threads after it's made. So all offers would have to be done via P.M That would then cut out the spam issue in the classifieds
        +1 i think this would be a step forward..
        sigpic
        Originally posted by Parky
        Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

Ah-ha! That's what I was thinking yesterday but forgot. That would be ideal, and the OP would pm a mod and get them to change the title from for example: G&G m14 socom to G&G m14 socom SOLD
          to make it clear

Comment

Indeed. Now i know some mods will feel that there will be more work needed from there behalf. But there would be no spam in that section. No posts need merging etc...

So it would actually be less work

Comment

Indeed. Now i know some mods will feel that there will be more work needed from there behalf. But there would be no spam in that section. No posts need merging etc...

So it would actually be less work
              Agreed, very much so.
              And if they were to say such things as there will be more work needed, they shouldn't be mods anyway.

Comment

I have previously thought about only allowing the OP to post in their thread, I haven't yet decided if this is the way forward though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
                  I have previously thought about only allowing the OP to post in their thread, I haven't yet decided if this is the way forward though.
                  Just wondering, in your opinion, what is holding you back?

Comment

Simpletons that join the forum and will complain that it's broken because they can't post in the classifieds.

Comment

Simpletons that join the forum and will complain that it's broken because they can't post in the classifieds.
                      Lol that's true, maybe have a sticky on the classifieds?

Comment

If Simpletons can't be bothered to read stickies and rules. Simple thing to do is ban them if they make countless threads about things not working. I don't care for Simpletons anymore. If you don't read the rules and stickies it's there own fault. They are there for a reason

Comment

No one reads stickies... As proved yesterday.

Comment

Because people read stickies......

Problem you have by locking down topics is people can't ask questions which would benefit everybody.

I can see it from both sides, but it does work against the forum too in some ways. For example a product which is either blatantly wrong. Other day for example somebody selling KSC Glock mags saying they compatiable with TM.

Comment

No one reads stickies... As proved yesterday.
                              Warn them, give infraction then ban.
                              It will teach them.
                              Also near the template for the accessories/guns for sale.
                              Put in bold capitals that you have to PM the user for questions.
                              Atleast give a trail?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rampage Have you ever stopped and thought about what your life revolves around? My life revolves around Airsoft Find out more about Rampage
                              Working...
                              X