Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate to say it though but if there was a "licence" stating that you CANT own airsoft weaponry without it full stop, no loophole crap, no mates buying and "gifting" then things would be so much simpler.

Comment

Re: Scammers (rant)

i agree tisane
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
        I hate to say it though but if there was a "licence" stating that you CANT own airsoft weaponry without it full stop, no loophole crap, no mates buying and "gifting" then things would be so much simpler.
        Which is great until they throw stupid rules on how to get it about meaning people on a limited timeframe like myself will struggle even more, it was hard enough just getting UKARA, and frankly Im incensed at the fact some of us here even need it, I was airsofting 2 years before UKARA was even dreamed up and Im fully trained and qualified to use a real weapon on a real person, yet I cant buy a 'toy gun' with out a useless scrap of paper. Unfortunatly what ever gets instilled will not work, people still scam with cars and motorbikes, and you haved to be licensed to drive/ride one, Im sure even licensed fishermen get scammed at least once in their lifetime, its just greed that causes it, and not a piece of paper or a license is gonna stop it.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

double edge sword/
          sigpic

Comment

I don't buy off here now unless the person selling has 20+ positive feedback. I know that doesn't make them not a scammer but far less chance of it

Comment

I too believe UKARA is pants it has more holes than one of my targets.
              Even with it in place you could and im sure they do fall into the wrong hands.
              So either scrap it full stop and let us get on with it or fully licence it so anyone owning one without a licence will be prosecuted without fail.
              I know just like real firearms there will be people owning them without but those people will be more fearful of being locked up than those of us that abide by the law.
              Just like driving without a licence or insurance, you may do it but its only a matter of time before you get caught.

Comment

Great, and watch the typical long term airsofter suffer and have to give up because of their job and not having the time to get registered, its alright for people who work 9-5 jobs, or are students, but there is guys who work abroad for a good chunk of the year, or are in the forces who spend a huge amount of time away like myself, I spend anything upto 10 months a year away from home, so a license gets introduced, I turn up and get arrested fo unlicensed RIFs all because I missed the whole license thing, or as I said they put stupid rules on how you are supposed to get it only to find you cant complete the critiria because you are away all the time, but instead the scammers are still getting away with it. Its a sad fact of life that they exist, they always have and probably always will, you just have to be vigilent and report them when it can be proved.
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

And so....untill the day they ban them completley because some t**t held up lloyds tsb with one, we all just grin and bear it

Comment

Or just remove the stupid loopholes like 2tone and actually start reporting people who are breaking the law, it shows the selfishness at times when some people want all of this doing which ultimately will affect more law abiding airsofters than it will scammers, I love this sport but if such a thing should happen then myself and hundreds of others would have to hang up our gear because we do it for real as jobs! All because a few won't report the found scammers, and thinking you can stop it by introducing a license is well sadly naive and mistaken!

Comment

Sean, if the licencing was done simply it would work.

Only over 16/18's allowed RIF, pay 50 quid a year for the licence so you don't have to pay site membership, you get the licence as long as you remain 'active, ie: one shoot every three months (4 per year). It could transfer UKARA computer system over, shouldn't be to much hassle.

Those under 16/18 would have to be two tone, with a parential licence.

Scrap all toy BB's and Airsoft only sold through registered sites/suppliers.

I can't see that being to hard to manage.

Only issue would be the change over from twotone to RIF, 16 or 18?

Comment

Obviously theres issues like servicemen away 6 month tours, If you are incapacitated, but these could be ironed out.

Comment

If they did a straight swap, UKARA members or proven site member (reasonable defence) could go straight to the scheme, but with mitigation for certain livelihoods in regards with available time for skirmishing, then could work! As for retailers I agree, only Airsoft shops/sites that are registered should be able to sell anything Airsoft gun wise and no one else, but 2tone has already prooved to be the biggest and most misused loophole, so that would be an issue with what to do with under 18s! May be as has been said in the past, a junior license where a responsible parent basically assumes responsibility for the under 18 and the RIF! And just get rid of 2tone all together but the legal guardian is held accountable for stupidity on the part of the under 18 but above say 14 years and 8 months old lower age limit! (or higher)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SAS Scott Pure petrol head who is also crazy about airsoft. Find out more about SAS Scott
                          Working...
                          X