the edit button for GOOD traders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the edit button for GOOD traders?

tbh if any thing there need to be mods set to the section at hand.
    one for pistols 2 for aeg's and so on.
    then they're not haveing to constantly haveing to faf about with othe post's
    they can be set to that section.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
      Or being the web designer that he is and being more technically in the know than most of us, Rampage could code up a simple XML program to import into the database, and create a forum promotion (which are automatic) to a new usergroup which has got the settings to edit etc in their own threads...

That would be the only automatic way to do it, but would need some serious brain-racking.

It's probably easier said than done...
      Yes, like you say, a simple function could be written and made automatic. I don't program in HTML so I wouldn't know personally.

We'll see what he says, but don't hold your breath.

Comment

hmmm from what ive been looking at, (having used HTML in the past and know it)

that sounds quite hmmm, easy concept but writing the HTML will be a pigs ear.

sounds like an OK idea but remember the MOD'S have overall say on what goes so there could be some conflict IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Littletruck View Post
          Why not have an update button instead of an edit? That way the origional thread will still be seen along with the latest update ie the origional thread states 5 hicaps, 3 midcaps & 10 lowcaps.
          UPDATE
          5 hicaps
          3 midcaps
          7 lowcaps as 3 have just been sold.

Just my pennies worth
          Isn't that what people do anyway? How much difference is it going to make if there's just another post below?

personally, when there's someone selling a load of spares, ect- I just read the last post when the seller has usually said "ok guys, only this this and this are still up for grabs!"
          sigpic

Comment

Make 20 email addresses, leave 20 feedback from these 20 accounts, job done, a scammer can now gain the trust of someone even more and for more money. . . .

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny_boy85 View Post
              Make 20 email addresses, leave 20 feedback from these 20 accounts, job done, a scammer can now gain the trust of someone even more and for more money. . . .
              Only stupid Tw*ts will fall for that. If you see someone has 20+ feedback in one day. It's obviously going to ring alarm bells

Comment

I think what is needed is trust .

Too many people assume- they don't check feedback

There are legal ties to trades.

Many assume and therefore trust is not made or easily broken.

Why implement a solution when a problem needs resolving.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
                  Only stupid Tw*ts will fall for that. If you see someone has 20+ feedback in one day. It's obviously going to ring alarm bells
                  Whats to stop someone balancing out the feedback...say giving the feedback over a month. I also know alot of people wont even bother checking the feedback and therefore the dates of the feedback if they see the person has 100% 20 positive feedback.

Comment

Surely the simple answer is for the seller to regularly list what's left
                    For example, Ebay doesn't allow you to alter your listing after someone has bid for the same reason, so why should here be any different

Comment

Originally posted by Xxerox View Post
                      Surely the simple answer is for the seller to regularly list what's left
                      For example, Ebay doesn't allow you to alter your listing after someone has bid for the same reason, so why should here be any different
                      agreed, the current system is fine as it is.

In fact, if there was to be any change at all, I would suggest the seller not be able to post in the thread 3 days after they make a post to get rid of premature bumping. If they would need to post in earlier then they could contact a mod.

Comment

What if the orignal post on the thread is locked but posts later on could be edited? Means the original thing is there as evidence but seller can still keep threads tidy. Would that work or am I being blonde?
                        Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                        I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

You have a good idea there Roxy. But i don't believe that's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
                            You have a good idea there Roxy. But i don't believe that's possible.
                            Im sure there would be a way to program that with the right experience.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tyler For equestria! <3 Find out more about Tyler
                            Working...
                            X