reporting and you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: reporting and you

i think to be honest sometimes its needed i think it should be allowed in certain cases (in its riddle form) for example if ive already bought something and the question im asking includes the retailer for any reason as that way im not denying any money to z1 or taking advantage of the forum to expand on roxy's rather elegant metaphor, id only be talking about another restaurants steak while eating in another restaurant i dont see it as a massive problem

i do however think its unfair to z1 since there hosting this thing for us free that some people say "go to bla bla there cheaper" on here its a bit insulting although jag does have a point if they dont want people doing it then they have to be on par or cheaper than the competition

Comment

As I walk into this restaurant and am in the queue or looking at the menu in the entrance I hear balbosa talk of a rivals steak and decide to go to that restaurant instead..
      sigpic

Comment

eeerm.......i was talking quietly =/ haha bad adaptation a agree but my point still stands sometimes i do believe its needed and i cant see the harm in turning it into a bit of a riddle when times like that come up

Comment

Potentially but where do you draw line it's still mentioning another retailer
          sigpic

Comment

but its a forum! haha sometimes when talking to other people its needed in my opinion

also hell yeah to the 3oclock crew

Comment

Nearly 3 :-)

This brings me back to my first post .
              sigpic

Comment

just changed it :D and in answer to your question id say when it could spontaneously effect z1's custom

Comment

Fair nuff :-) I still think trying to hide it by a riddle is pointless
                  sigpic

Comment

yeah but that way it minimizes the chances that new players (which is where the money is) will know what your talking about and go elsewhere

Comment

Zero one could generate support through loyalty instead you have people doing there utmost to break the rules simply to spite the rules. Through loyalty "where can I get this" replied to with zero one do a great product here " link" at a good price or here "link" at the cheaper but deliverys higher and it's out of stock. Instead you simply get "we can't tell you where to get it from please deafualt to Zeroone" then five people pm him a better place.... Why.. through spite because the current system doesn't generate loyalty or allow discussion, it's not black and White.

Comment

Er read all the posts and just wanted to make two points...

Each time I buy new kit that has a high value I google it and as someone else pointed out I receive a full list of other retailers selling that kit here and abroad. Now it may be coincidence only I have experienced but Z1 have always come out as the most competitive on the kit I wanted... And that includes hk retailers by the time you take ridiculous postage charges from hk and the import taxes if you get stung for them.

My 2nd and most important point... Haven't any of those complaining against the policy ever had a verbal beating from your father which ended with the argument ending nuclear comment 'my house, MY rules'?

Zero one is a business and it's their business to run as the choose, this forum is part of that overall business and therefore it's 'their house and their rules' if you or I don't like it put up with it or find another house!

So my dad would say anyway! ;-)
                        Quote - "besides read what you said you sounded really left haha daisy down my tightbore left."

Comment

Getting back to the original qustion asked. My thoughts have always been as follows.

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf View Post
                          hello all,

heres a quick question .

please no arguments

what do you DEFINE as naming another shop - (against the rules...)
                          Very straight forwards the forum rules say dont so dont name a shop. You could say from HK or perhaps just another seller and not using any names.

now i see some threads which the users have just said the retailers name.

some people will give a hint and others will re arrange the name around.

my question is at what point do we class it as against rules?
                          The obvious answer is dont name other sellers at all. People are perfectly entitled to use the tinternt to search refine and find it out for themselves anything they want. Anyone with any common sense will do this regardless

As far as the other arguments that appear even though requested not to by the original poster of the question.

Z1 will order in for you, They will price match if you can demonstrate like for like. They are a business and must make money to ensure that they are there in the future to provide this server space and pay the cost for hosting so you all have a chance to have an opinion in the future.

I am not getting into an argument with anyone over prices etc if you dont like the prices then perhaps you would be better off contacting the shop directly. Not discussing the shop or any shop related issues on a forum which is "NOT" moderated by them.

I think that the people moderating the forum site, who do this for free and in their own time do a bloody good job of finding a balance. I do not always agree with them and have myself had warnings but I accept that the rules are the rules and thats it. Personal grieviances should be directed accordingly not posted in a biased manner on hear.

Finally (from me) next time, answer the guys question dont hijack the thread for your own ends. Before anyone thinks it "NO" I do not work for Z1 and I do not get paid by them.

Rant over.
                          Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
                          Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
                          Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Crysis Hello! My names James, Business owner to E-Flux LTD. Find out more about Crysis
                          Working...
                          X