Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

How far before you leave negative feedback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How far before you leave negative feedback?

First and foremost, id like to say this isn't off the back of any of my sales, but I was sitting thinkin and realised that in my entire career here and on other forums, I havnt ever left begative feedback for anyone.
    This got me thinking and I was wondering what everyone else thinks, when is it acceptable to leave negative feedback? If an item is posted a day late? If it's missing something which the seller has to send on separately? If it turns up broken and the seller refunds?

There's a nber of obvious situations, but im more interested In the grey areas, or where something isn't entirely the other persons fault etc

Post away!
    KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
    mix'n'match M4
    Maruzen P99

Re: How far before you leave negative feedback?

If someone wastes a lot of your time, like 1 week+ of continuous wasting your time.
    If something isn't as described and they reject offering you a refund.
    If they scam you, derp.
    If they take yonks to send it out with no comms.

Comment

It depends on the comms from the other party to be fair, as they may be experiencing difficulties, but as long as they keep me informed then I'd be happy with that. No comms from 'em and I'd give it a max of a fortnight before I took out a Paypal dispute, as you can always rescind it.

Same goes for missing parts. Give the other party about two weeks to resolve then neg their asses!
      There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

I would like to say that a seller should never leave negative feedback, only neutral.

A buyer can leave feedback as suited to how they think the sale went.

Comment

As the buyer id only leave negative if i was messed around a lot and the item was damaged/not as described to the point that i either had to send it back or spend more of my own money on it.

But as said as a seller theres never realy any reason to leave neg feedback, they either buy your item or they dont, slow payers loose out.

Comment

I must say..... I love your sig tisane!

I think I would only leave negative feedback as a seller if I was waiting for weeks with false promises and no payment or valid excuse.
            How to deal with cheats.......

Originally posted by cactus
            Put them in an empty room, chuck a few dynatecs in there with them.
            And then just spray them with a vulcan, that'll teach them how to behave..

Comment

Originally posted by ajn View Post

I think I would only leave negative feedback as a seller if I was waiting for weeks with false promises and no payment or valid excuse.
              But if they don't pay you, you haven't sold it?! You'd have no right to leave ANY feedback considering you haven't done any business with them
              Signature Removed

Comment

As a buyer I just bought a scope it's really nice but there is a problem one of the low mounts is missing it's thumb screw so Gunna have to buy a new one the packing was very poor what did I do??
                Well I gave the guy -0- he gave me great coms and don't think it was a scam as the thumb screw was on the pic I just said that the postage was a bit shoddy which ment that parts were missing (the package was open by the time it was at my house)
                I felt it didnt desurve a -1 as it's just one of them things but he could of solved it with better packing what do you think was I too harsh??
                Originally posted by bulldoguk
                Short barreled version so I can class it as a CQB right?
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]75861[/ATTACH]

Comment

I think maybe there's a cause for negative feedback for people who ask you to hold an item for x amount of time and then tell you they no longer have the money. Lets future sellers know not to hold items for that person
                  Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                  I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

Originally posted by NitroJoe View Post
                    But if they don't pay you, you haven't sold it?! You'd have no right to leave ANY feedback considering you haven't done any business with them
                    I still think maybe not negative but neutral as it does warn other buyers but only to be given in extreme circumstances. I mean everyone will differ where the line is if they leave feedback or not in this case.
                    How to deal with cheats.......

Originally posted by cactus
                    Put them in an empty room, chuck a few dynatecs in there with them.
                    And then just spray them with a vulcan, that'll teach them how to behave..

Comment

I agree, Roxy.

As someone who has done a lot of deals on this forum, and will continue to do so, I've actually written up a document with my sales terms and conditions. I ask everyone to read and agree to these terms before dealing with me.

I don't hold some of my items for people any more simply due to the fact that I've been messed around with too many times in the past!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

As a buyer I'd leave negative feedback

-If I don't recieve the item in the condition it was advertised in
                        -If the seller wouldn't/didn't give fair service if something went wrong within a few days of recieving the item.
                        -If I didn't recieve the item in a reasonable time (without a valid explanation). Waiting a week or more without agreeing so, is unacceptable to me.

There's not so much call to leave negative feedback as the seller. If I'm not happy with the deal, it's my prerogative to cancel it. If the buyer messes me around, I simply won't complete the sale.

If I put something up for sale, I want it to be sold, not sit around waiting for some clown to cough up the dosh. If there's multiple interest in an item, I won't hold it for one person over another without some form of deposit/down payment.

I try not to waste people's time in sales, and I expect the same courtesy.

Essentially though, like pretty much everything in life, good communication is the key.
                        Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Ok, with regards to feedback, what would you do in this situation.

A buyer pays for a item, transfer it from paypal to your bank account and get it wrapped up for posting, the next day the buyer PM's you and asks for the money back because something has happened to their.....lets say car.

You refund the money, then find that a few hour later the buyer has brought a different item on here, plus accessories.

Comment

The point at which you can leave negative feedback essentially ends once your trading with the buyer has ended. I.E. When a refund has been given and they've said thanks a lot.

I guess it's very annoying for them to go and do that, but it's their prerogative what they do with their money at the end of the day.

Comment

If the item wasn't as described or if the seller knowingly misleads...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

andysmith Find out more about andysmith
                              Working...
                              X