Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

How far before you leave negative feedback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How far before you leave negative feedback?

Originally posted by brewer17 View Post
    Ok, with regards to feedback, what would you do in this situation.

A buyer pays for a item, transfer it from paypal to your bank account and get it wrapped up for posting, the next day the buyer PM's you and asks for the money back because something has happened to their.....lets say car.

You refund the money, then find that a few hour later the buyer has brought a different item on here, plus accessories.
    Shove one fat negative feedback up their gentleman's behind

Comment

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer View Post
      Shove one fat negative feedback up their gentleman's behind
      Slowly.

Comment

When I bought my rifle off this website I waited 2 weeks and a half intill the seller posted it.
        But because the rifle itself was in good condition and as described I left neutral feedback.

I would only ever leave negative feedback if the rifle was broken or not as described.
        Float like a butterfly,
        Sting like a bb.

Comment

I think the best option is to leave HONEST feedback, if something took ages then I would say so, I have over 200 feedback on ebay and I think I have only left negative feedback once, its all about honesty and as mentioned elsewhere communication.

If a matter gets resolved eventually without having to resort to getting your funds through PP then neutral honest feedback is the way to go for me (I buy too much...)
          Selling MP5 & M4 Parts & Other Bits :
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...414#post958414

Comment

I would only leave negative feedback if I was certain the seller/trader was lousy.

For example, I have recently left negative feedback on a seller here who took off with £20 about a year ago for a chest rig.

I literally woke upone morning and thought: "Wait, aren't I owed a chest rig?!?!" and after a few months of chasing this guy and lots of broken promises, I forgot about it... but once I remembered I made sure to leave some well over due feedback!
            sigpic

Comment

I have also recently added some negative feedback for a user, who has failed to send me a Glock Compensator front bit... Now it's only been two weeks (still - that's more than it should be!) - but there's no communication, and even though I've opened a PP dispute, no comms there either.

Escalating to a claim now, and by the looks of things, I'll win.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Negative if it was a total disaster, not shipped, paypal dispute.....

Otherwise if it was broken and seller refunded or sorted out the problem, leave positive but state what happened.
                It should still stand to the seller as even though things went tits up they still helped out to the best of their abilities.
                Western arms pistol parts needed please pm me
                Any Full Metal WA pistols? Sell me them!!

Comment

lol just received a retaliatory negative from a seller/trader, funny really, he sells me a knacked pistol, refuses to do anything, then I get negged, 1st one, it wont be the last im sick to death of getting ripped off on this forum
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/BongoOldChap
                  airsoft drone footage, games, shooting sunbeds, the usual airsoft youtube channel

Comment

Guys, this is not the place to debate individual sales.

Personal experiences are all well and good, but if discussion turns into argument and flaming there will be posts deleted and, potentially, bans handed out.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bladerider View Post
                      Negative if it was a total disaster, not shipped, paypal dispute.....

Otherwise if it was broken and seller refunded or sorted out the problem, leave positive but state what happened.
                      It should still stand to the seller as even though things went tits up they still helped out to the best of their abilities.

+1

This is the exact same guideline I use when leaving feedback (be it here or any other place where I buy something and need to leave feedback). Sometimes things do go a bit tits up and not always the sellers fault. Communication is a high priority though I think as it makes sure the buyer knows what's going on all the time and that their money is in good hands so I always appreciate any seller that will not be afraid to message to keep me appraised of what's going on.
                      Democracy: Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
                      Liberty: A well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

TM M4 CQB-R SOPMOD, WE M1911 SILVER x2, KJW MK1, KWA USP .45, KWA MP9 (soon)

Comment

Ok - heres my predicament. I really dont want to leave neg feedback as I believe everything can be sorted amicably 99% of the time, but in this case there is no other resolution.

Bought item from person (£60). Item was faulty - and initially comms was very good. Person agreed to sort it "one way or another". Promises were made "you'll get it sorted by next week dont worry" etc.

Now everything has gone silent (3 weeks since last comms) and been a few months now since original sale. As soon as I asked I'd like money back he instantly goes quiet. Nothing.

Ive sent another 6 mails that have been ignored. He has since logged onto the forum as his activity says so (so he's not on holiday etc as some people have suggested)

So..... do you think its time to leave the negative feedback?

Comment

yeah, call him out for the shifty dodgy broken gun selling liar that he is, 3 weeks? 3 days was long enough for him to man it up
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/BongoOldChap
                          airsoft drone footage, games, shooting sunbeds, the usual airsoft youtube channel

Comment

No name and shame please.

This always leads to rants, flamings, deletions and bans!
                            sigpic

Comment

But we're not naming and shaming - its dealing with situations/discrepencies and asking what the "right" or "honest" way is to deal with it?

Surely there has to be a place on the forum for this type of discussion otherwise these issues do not get resolved let alone avoided?

Most other enthusiast forums have areas like this available to debate issues like this :S

Comment

Originally posted by NitroJoe View Post
                                But if they don't pay you, you haven't sold it?! You'd have no right to leave ANY feedback considering you haven't done any business with them
                                Totally disagree with that comment. What if the intended buyer pulled out and you had another person interested. You wait 2 weeks for payment, nothing happens, you then contact the second person, but he has found abother seller. Because of the wasted time and effort you put in to making the sale you have lost out selling it.

So yes I think negative feedback can be left for a buyer, as a warning to other sellers that this person is a potential timewaster.
                                Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

andysmith Find out more about andysmith
                                Working...
                                X