Collapse

Would YOU help pay for better hosting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would YOU help pay for better hosting?

Considering the amount of revenue Zeroone garners from the UK airsoft fraternity, not just users of this forum, you think they could actually pull their thumb out and try and improve things. It's only recently with mods like Keeper and the (long overdue) appointment of more mods/mod assistants that things have even begun to improve.

Comment

Originally posted by parky View Post
      Considering the amount of revenue Zeroone garners from the UK airsoft fraternity, not just users of this forum, you think they could actually pull their thumb out and try and improve things. It's only recently with mods like Keeper and the (long overdue) appointment of more mods/mod assistants that things have even begun to improve.
      ..well

there has been a sudden uprising of OMA GAWSH! posts in sales threads which is doing my nut in...i made a thread on that but it vanished suddenly as usual.

Comment

Like it or not, Zero In is THE most active sales forum in the UK. Even Arnies with infinetly more members has only 1 or 2 threads a day per section. Here you get pages.

The point is though, it don't matter if you would not pay. If enough people say they would, then does no harm to anybody else. Hell, you'd even get use of the more stable server for free!

Comment

^^^^BOOM^^^^
          sigpic

Comment

No. No no no no, not at all, no way.

Zero One is supposed to be one of the biggest and best (sorry, only) retailers in the UK, and they wont pay out for better hosting? Well more fool them, if it takes half an hour for the damn page to load and theres a chance of timeouts happening whilst processing my payment, like hell are they getting my money.

As for paying for forum use? Pffft, jog on. And the idea of paying for access to a UKARA section or something like that, seems totally pointless to me, because surely most sales would get cross posted in the non ukara section anyway, because why would a seller want to miss out on a potential sale by limiting his sales audience.

Also if users were to be helping pay for the hosting, Id want to see almost all of the restrictions removed, specifically the rules regarding other retailers sites etc.

Comment

im not saying pay for forum use..

ive put forward a TON of ideas to the mods ..

here are a few - Sticky on sales section for x days / hours ( ie you pay say.. £3 and the mods make your sales thread a sticky for say the week ) people sell stuff all the time and in essence should get you a quicker sale... id certainly do it to get a faster sale.

privileged members getting more things- ie quicker pms better searching ETC.

say you had to pay to be a privileged member that money can go on better hosting. win win situation /.

ill put it bluntly . if you cant be bothered with this then why bother complaining ?

put your money where your mouth is the common phrase would be
              sigpic

Comment

I will stop this thread now, this isn't the first time this has been thought up. I have looked into this in depth, even as far as setting up the user groups and payment options. However the owner of the forum does have something much better planned, it just needs more time than either of us have to set it up. I am kind of hoping that it may be setup this year, but that is just a hope.

p.s, no this is not an invitation for you all to start offering to help.

Thanks

Comment

Donation section (If there Isn't one already)

So let's say 50 users each payed 50p a week, that's £25 in just 1 week from only 50 users. We could easily have a better hosting site.

I personally wouldn't mind chipping in, the more users that do, the less we each pay really.

Comment

+1

^^
                    sigpic

Comment

Which shop owns this forum?

Comment

What are we looking at then rampage, in terms of this new better forum/setup?
                        sigpic

Comment

As it is still in the discussion/research stage I don't want to give anything away, hope you understand why

Suffice to say that you will find it much better

Comment

fair enough, but all the same definately going ahead? lol cant not want to know now can we...
                            sigpic

Comment

Good ideas guys ... Glad too see that something has already been thought about etc though.

I like the idea of a donations thing though, would contribute into that if it helped the upkeep of the forum and in return you got some privalliges back.

Hope this new idea comes out, the sooner the better

All the best, Jack
                              Need VSR advice? Get in contact I may be able to help!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Crysis Hello! My names James, Business owner to E-Flux LTD. Find out more about Crysis
                              Working...
                              X