• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"will take this mate...paypal addy?

"UKARA/site membership?

Good job they are the minority on here.

Comment

Re: Classifieds - Minimum post count?

lol who was it that got a PM asking him to hold it for like 3 years till the buyer got his first pay check PMSL.... epic.
      But yeah I know there are many genuine people that buy and sell and no matter what you do you can never account for everyone's online activity but it would be nice if they just went away lol!
      I will reprogramme a F key to auto respond "Be Gone" lol

The Unit-13 Vipers are Recruiting
      Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Uni...92968847384478
      UK Airsoft Wiki Moderator

Comment

A minimum post count was tried last year it lead to a lot of spam post and pms to mods asking why they couldn't post.

I also agree with what other users say about high post count does not = UKARA registered
        Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 13 April, 2011, 15:11.

Comment

I would agree that a post count isn't the way forward.
          I myself (when I first started) was attempting to get to the post count on another forum belonging to a terminator (if ya catch my drift).
          And got banned for spamming. I was doing my best to stay on topic but was also excitable and in a rush. At least here the posts I do make are all on-topic and if i have nothing to say then I won't!

Comment

Originally posted by Malice View Post
            On my local site forum, you have to be added to a group that has access to the sales forum once you have proven your defence etc, I think this is a very good system to use although on a forum this big it may be difficult to impliment? The group would just have to have access to the rifs section and still have access to all the other FS bits.

Just an idea
            This, as far as I can see, is the only way of restricting access that makes sense.

But, the downside of it is that not only would there be loads of work for the admins, those people who are perfectly legitimate players could find it difficult to prove their defence in order to be added to the RIF sales section, in the same way as they can struggle to prove it to retailers and HMRC.

Personally, though, I do think it would be worth the effort. Once it was up and running then it would be a matter of ongoing additions and not mass registrations. Plus, like the Dragon Valley system mentioned by Malice, existing Ground Zero members could be added on the basis of their site membership alone.

There would be no Data Protection Act implications as that only covers storage of personal details for "processing purposes", so simply checking a name, address and site number (then destroying any records) would be fine. I hold a lot more details on my customers and have been told by the ICO that I don't need to register.
            sigpic

Comment

i know a canadian forum has mods in each area whom check face to face with a user before they will verify their age , hard work but might be worth it if the vcra noose is tightened

Comment

In my personall opinion its a bad idea, i chip in only rarely on the forums when i have something worthwhile to say, mostly i just buy and sell. I have around 6-7 100% postitive feedback in the last month or so and i have very few posts. Im ukara registered but due to my low post count under your proposal i would be placed in the same basket, it would also mean many people would post things that wouldnt contribute to posts simply to get up their post counts. Whats better, someone who only posts relevant posts in a small number or someone who just posts a load of irrelevant tosh?

Comment

It is the Seller's responsibility to find out if the buyer has a valid defence or not. It is nothing to do with the Mods or the forum - the forum is just a medium for getting your 'advertisment' across to a wide range of people.

If you advertise an item for sale I think you have to just expect idiots and timewasters to respond to it as much as valid buyers do.

You have to cover your own back. I'm sure if a persistant offender or someone asks you to deliberately flout the VCRA, then you could report them and the Mods would look into it and deal with it accordingly. I have seen this done to under 18 users and I'm sure a little 'This user has no valid defence' tag could be put under their username (a bit like Purcys 'Spambot' tag :D). This could then be removed if they could prove their defence to a Mod. This could only be used a last resort so as not to give the Mods far too much work to do (but I'm sure there would be people who report others if they couldn't prove their defence instantly and abuse the system).
                  JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Report function for people who constantly try it on is a spot on idea, but how do you weed out the buyers without defence and the ones that simply get cold feet for other reasons?

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                      Report function for people who constantly try it on is a spot on idea, but how do you weed out the buyers without defence and the ones that simply get cold feet for other reasons?
                      My idea was mainly for people who ask if you would sell the gun to them even though they have no defence. I did think the system would be abused though.
                      JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Shaolin Find out more about Shaolin
                      Working...
                      X