Providing proof of age.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Providing proof of age.

Ooh, pipped to the post, by the Lord of Fizz!

If you are aware of a site user who is under 18 years of age and is attempting to obtain RIFs/IFs, then report the user to the Admin/Mod team. It's what I do and it's snared a few, I can tell you.
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

i thought if you were tagged as U18 you had no access to the sales threads anyway? :S
      Signature Removed

Comment

No we can access just not post

---
        -
        Originally posted by The Laughing Man
        when you cross a bridge you don't make loads of noise without expecting to bring out the troll underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by MAJIK View Post
          No we can access just not post

---
          -
          So if you can access but not post isn't that defeating the objective anyway then because sales take place via PM once something has taken your interest...

Comment

Pretty much yeah

---
            -
            Originally posted by The Laughing Man
            when you cross a bridge you don't make loads of noise without expecting to bring out the troll underneath.

Comment

Gee what a wonderful and remarkable thing the under 18 tag is

Comment

I have no problem providing proof of age to anyone I buy items from, if they want a photo of a fat, baldy middle aged Bloke that's fair enough , no accounting for taste I suppose? LOL

Comment

why? just why? if someone wants to buy a gun off of you, and you suspect them of being underage, just say NO. it's really not hard. and whenever you sell an RIF you should ask for a ukara number, which is in itself is proof of age.

Comment

Originally posted by 101stairborne-506 View Post
                    why? just why? if someone wants to buy a gun off of you, and you suspect them of being underage, just say NO. it's really not hard. and whenever you sell an RIF you should ask for a ukara number, which is in itself is proof of age.
                    How does one suspect someone of being underage though? There are some eloquent kids on here and some fairly illiterate adults.

If someone asks for my UKARA number, I can't possibly provide it, as I don't subscribe to that particular scheme.

I am legally eligible to procure RIFs though. The case in point really is that kids still have access to the sales section, where if they see something they fancy, they PM the user and come up with all manner of excuse to circumvent the system, believe me, they're cunning little buggers who will try everything they can to buy your toy gun.
                    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

you are completely right, but it's always going to happen. i mean theyre toy guns for god's sake, TOYS! toys are designed to entertain children, and in this circumstance, theyre the only age group who aren't allowed to buy them.

you'll never be able to police everyone's age, so theres no point to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Joefuski View Post

Would just go that one step further to stop kids coming onto these forums to buy a second hand gun to get round age restriction.

All it would require is a photo of some I.D be it driving licence, Passport, student card etc along with a picture of the users face holding a piece of paper with their forum tag on to prove they haven't just grabbed an image of someone's licence from Google (as well as something to compare it too). Then all that would have to happen is for a MOD to check the images and approve with an 18+ tag by the name. If you don't provide ID you get a under 18 or not age verified tag.

Then change the sales section to have a system in place where if you're not age approved you can't get in. Or you could have it so under age users can get in but can't see user details of the seller so they then can't PM them to start a deal.

I know it would be a lot of work for MODs initialy but I know I for one I personally would be willing to do it to help make sure the sport stays on the right side of law. I don't imagine that after all the regulars have been checked that there would be too many per week to check.

Discuss.
                        What I feel are the salient points of Joefuski's original post.

Originally posted by 101stairborne-506 View Post
                        you are completely right, but it's always going to happen. i mean theyre toy guns for god's sake, TOYS! toys are designed to entertain children, and in this circumstance, theyre the only age group who aren't allowed to buy them.

you'll never be able to police everyone's age, so theres no point to this thread.
                        I know exactly where you're coming from, insomuch as, it is extremely difficult to police the matter. Though in saying that, it's entirely Joefuski's point. Hence, the creation of this thread.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Joefuski I'ma 21 Year Old piece of awesomeness who is currently growing a beard in memory of Ryan Dunn. Find out more about Joefuski
                        Working...
                        X