X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do I close my account?

Originally posted by S3V3R View Post
    Im not a solicitor either & as said by tisane "this thread should have died long ago"... However, I have just spent the last 8 weeks studying the DPA1998 and a few other laws regarding electronic marketing. Im not going to pretend I know it all but from what I've leant in the last 8 weeks... when they email you saying "we've changed the terms and conditions" thats you being made aware... If you decide to read the Ts & Cs and carry on or you decide not to read the Ts and Cs and carry on... thats the same as giving consent.
    I am not aware of Z1 sending a "change in terms and conditions" notification... but most of my emails from Z1 go to spam... so yeah...
    Anyway, this is the last I have to say on it... Im not a qualified lawyer so Im not going to pretend what I have to say has any effect on peoples opinions =)
    Firstly as far as I know Z1 haven't emailed about a change in teh T&Cs. I know I haven't recieved anything to that effect. Secondly the law relating to electronic marketing requires the marketer to have been notified by the people they plan to email that they consent to receiving marketing emails, i.e. it's an opt-in requirement rather than an opt out. Even if Z1 had emailed people about a change to the T&C's they can't guarantee people read them or recieved the email and can't rely on continued use of the forums as them having notified Z1 that they give their consent to receive marketing emails.

Comment

Originally posted by Fil View Post
      Firstly as far as I know Z1 haven't emailed about a change in teh T&Cs. I know I haven't recieved anything to that effect. Secondly the law relating to electronic marketing requires the marketer to have been notified by the people they plan to email that they consent to receiving marketing emails, i.e. it's an opt-in requirement rather than an opt out. Even if Z1 had emailed people about a change to the T&C's they can't guarantee people read them or recieved the email and can't rely on continued use of the forums as them having notified Z1 that they give their consent to receive marketing emails.
      do you have a thing for putting a typo in every post?

Comment

Originally posted by V.A.K View Post
        do you have a thing for putting a typo in every post?
        Do you have an ethical objection to capital letters at the start of sentences?

Seriously though guys, just use the ignore option on each other. PLEASE"
        sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure if there's some trolling going on here but why isn't Purcy here to join in? Anyway can't we all just get along?

/Cliché post.

Comment

Meh let them fight it out. Its almost funny least the moaning and superiority has stopped. Saying that Im sure ZI did release something saying they changed the T's & C's.

But the sheer face Fil you keep banging on seems more for attention than anything, your not helping or contributing to the thread so whats the point? Post count? Who knows.

Mods should just close this now...

Comment

Originally posted by Caveira View Post
              Do you have an ethical objection to capital letters at the start of sentences?

Seriously though guys, just use the ignore option on each other. PLEASE"
              yes it's morally wrong lol.

Comment

Getting back to the core of the thread, I'd like to have my account closed please .

Regarding people asking about why I bother unsubscribing from stuff:
                - I get my email on my phone w/ a buzz and a noise, so I try to keep it only to relevant stuff

Regarding just adding zero-one to spam:
                - I don't want to train my spam filter to think airsoft is all spam

Best,
                JW

Comment

You wanted the thread killed, so that's it. Burnt with fire.

Erm, in answer to the question, you have two options for how to have your account deleted.

1) Never visit the site again. Then you'll never need to worry about any account, however as this isn't really a desirable option;
                  2) Contact the forum administrator Rampage and ask for your account to be deleted.

Thanks.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Users wishing to terminate their forum account can do so in their 'User CP' here: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/vbselfdel...=deleteprofile

Any request to me from now on will be ignored.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                    X