Eyewear.... Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eyewear.... Opinions

Thought I would give my 2 cents here as I have spent quite a while refining my eye and face protection as in reality it is the one area of gear that warrants real consideration. Have used glasses before (ESS ICE) but I wasn't happy with the level of protection and always felt sometimes I shyed away from certain actions because of it. Now I think for me I have finally reached a point where my protection is absolutely perfect and thought I should share it with other people. Now alot of people wont like it but I am sure some will and so for those people I would be happy to help solve probably the most problematic area of the loadout.

Gear used:
    - ESS NVG Profile goggle (airsoft version) with cortex clip (important!)
    - Black Bear mesh mask

Pictures:

I bought the black bear mesh mask and removed the straps and cut the top of the nose piece. I then moulded it to the cortex clip which can be removed from the ESS goggles and used hot glue to secure it. The goggles can then be pushed into the cortex clip, giving you full face, full seal protection. The great thing is you cannot even feel the mask is there as there are no straps. Breathing is very easy and the goggles don't steam. I have previously owned ESS NVG Profile goggles (military issue) which did steam up but I am happy to say that these don't, probably because of the lack of foam over the air vents..

I hope this is of use to anybody!

Comment

Cortex clip is a good idea . Just because you have full seal goggles doesn't mean their 100% safe and Ess realised this . The vents on many larger type full seal goggles can be quite large and its not unheard of to take a hit to them . Most are only covered in a thin foam which in airsoft circles is popular to rip off to help reduce fogging . If your not as lucky as webbjay here with your fogging there are thermal lenses available for many high end goggles.

Comment

i'm relatively new to airsoft and have a pair of v12's which so far i found have fogged up regularly (though that was mainly due to me forgetting the antifog lol). have to say the protection they give is brilliant, first game got shot about 10 times at once in the face, most hitting my goggles. one very light mark on a lens and that's it so would recommend them if people don't mind the occasional fog. tried mesh in another and i really liked them (im lucky enough to not have visionary problems so it was just fogging that was proving an issue) but never really considered bb's shattering or paint fragments as i haven't heard of these issues before. think i'll buy some mesh as well, i like the chunkier goggle types so has anyone got any recommendations for mesh goggles (e.g. heroshark)? as for face protection i either wear a balaclava or a shemagh and ok it hurts if i get hit but easier to wear than half face masks and it stops any blood being drawn/tooth being shot out

Comment

Easiest way is to get one of your spare lens sets meshed up . Also people have still lost teeth with material face coverings.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
            Some people are just macho retards.
            This is basically what is wrong with a lot of the airsofting community.

Comment

My goggles keep fogging up and I heard that you can use washing up liquid as a cheep aid to anti fogging. How do I go about this? Just slap it on, or water and washing up liquid ect?
              Zeroin - Come for the airsoft. Stay for the trolling.

Comment

Best method I found was to put some out on a plate to dry up and go gungy. You rub it on the day before leaving it smeared ,next day buff it into the lens

Comment

I will look into doing this cheers! Is there also a quicker fix as I am airsofting this evening and I will have to set off soon
                  Zeroin - Come for the airsoft. Stay for the trolling.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lockesley www.punishertacticalairsoftuk.blogspot.com Find out more about Lockesley
                  Working...
                  X