Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on fast mags/battle belts light weight combo

Hello,

I am looking for advice/information for a light load out.

Im currenly using a warrior DAR system, but I am looking to make my load out as light as possible

Thinking of using fast mags and a belt system..

What belt system should I be using? do i need the "suspender" looking things, or will it be fine using just a battle belt?
    Is there any makes to avoid/use?

I iwll be looking to just have a belt, 6/8 mags, small mole for my radio, and maybe one other small pouch.. maybe my pistol there aswell??
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Re: advice on fast mags/battle belts light weight combo

On my belt rig, I've got:

Blackhawk molle belt, no suspenders
    5-7 serpa
    6 mag pouches, 2 of them are fast mags, others are warrior molle
    radio pouch
    small utillity pouch, holds ammo and speedloader
    double pistol mag pouch (its attached onto the warrior molle mag pouch

I find its lighter than my rig, and doesn't fall down, but I've adjusted it to fit, and then taped it so it doesn't come loose
    Originally posted by Fenriz
    Hicaps are as bad as two-tone. Or rape.

Comment

whata bout when your taking things out of the pouches? does it wanna lift up with them? im mainly thinking of the fast mags
      FOR SALE

Comment

I use clone fast mags, and they're fine, they don't lift the belt when I take a mag out, nor do any of my other mag pouches
        Originally posted by Fenriz
        Hicaps are as bad as two-tone. Or rape.

Comment

When you say 'as light as possible' are we talking at any expense? Either way the ITW Fastmags would be the last mag carrier I'd choose for that sort of setup. Considering what they cost I find them to be bulky, noisy, clunky and generally uncooperative; plus a TACO pouch costs the same and will take AR/AK/762 NATO mags for the same price rather than just one type, while also coming in actual camo patterns.

If you want really light weight then Tactical Tailor and Blue Force Gear make pouches which are practically lighter than air, TT also do a Battle Belt that's extremely comfortable and light. A yoke/suspenders may not be necessary, depends what sort of mags you're using most likely and the overall weight you'd be carrying.
          REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

hello,

I thought they where light/allowed quicker reloads. i was going to get the double pouches (ACM).

I dont really wanna totally blow the bank.. but im wilingt o spend a bit :P

All my guns take M4 mags, so they dont need to be huge things.

this is all the kind of info I wanted
            FOR SALE

Comment

They're not the lightest pouch ever, and you can get just as fast a reload (faster in fact) from a normal cordura shingle or even a bog standard pouch with the lid tucked in.

If you're happy with your current Warrior kit, then you can't go wrong with anything they make. It's all kind of old-school 1000D which is fairly heavy by modern standards but you'll only get the lightest most up-to-date stuff from the states realistically, and at least you know it'll last.
              Last edited by CKinnerley; 26 June, 2012, 14:48.

Comment

Tbh mate i wouldnt bother with a battle belt. I have only tried a viper belt, but i found that when i ran, it bounced up and down, which really annoyed me, and tires you out very quickly. If weight only is your concern, id strongly consider just taking excess pouches off your chest rig. I currently run the viper belt gutted out, with a harness attached to it and the belt ran at belly button height, and this is perfect for me. If you want to reduce belt bouncing, i strongly suggest a tucked in combat shirt, and a dropleg pouch to counteract the weight.

Comment

I just want a more stream lined loadout which is cooler run with in the summer

My current Dar rig obviously covers my stomach, though not the heaviest rig, just emanates something as minimal as possible.
                  I can't get my current laid out lighter, apart from my built in mag pouches. I only have 1 small pouch fir the radio
                  FOR SALE

Comment

Re: Advice on fast mags/battle belts light weight combo

If you cant dump any more kit, which is 90 % of the weight, then id still stick with the chest rig. I used to use a chest rig, changed to a belt, then modified the belt to work as a chest rig. The belt covers less of my body, so keeps less heat in, however i feel the heat is well worth the compromise over the discomfort of a belt.

Comment

on my molle belt i have this (prices are from ebay, super cheap)

viper molle belt £12
                      2x WAS double shingle m4 mag pouches (one joined to the other) £20 for both
                      ddpm mag pouch (holds 3 mags sideways) £6
                      ddpm utility pouch £3
                      dump pouch at back £5
                      and a small ddpm utililty pouch for speedloader and 1k bb bag £2

ill post a pic when i get home tomorrow as im away from home at the moment, i moved my drop leg holster to my trouser rigger belt, as it was pulling the belt down when it had the pistol in + 2 mags. but this belt weighs around 2-3kg when loaded up and doesnt fall down at all, and its cheap as hell, but good quality stuff for what you use it for

Dave

Comment

Well I got a cheap blackhawk molle belt on a certain site...

Once that is here will look into what pouches to get...

I do a have atriple bungee type, but im still more keen on the fast mags as this will be located more tot he side than in front of me...
                        FOR SALE

Comment

What exactly is it about the ITW pouches you like? Because I can promise you there's nothing they give you in terms of speed of reloads that a standard cordura pouch won't give you. If anything, you can grab a mag straight out of a shingle/correctly setup standard pouch, whereas the FastMags require twisting for extraction, and yes we're only talking fractions of a second but it's still slower none-the-less. Plus, if you avoid the plastic pouches, you know you won't ever make rattling noises as you run around and they clash together (something cordura won't do).

If it's protecting your mags your concerned with, then ACM plastic probably won't do that great a job of resisting impact every time you push up against a wall to take cover or dive down on to your side.

Comment

It's more not needing any retaining straps to hold them in or doubling up in the pouches , as when you have two in there tight, singularly there is to much room/not easiest to put a mag back in as I don't use a dump pouch
                            FOR SALE

Comment

Plenty of cordura pouches will give you that. A standard Warrior shingle will hold mags without needing bungee/straps over the top to hold them in, and you can re-insert just as easily. Even their 'double' mag pouches will do the job, I ran them with single mags and the flaps tucked in for about a year; secure, no hindrance to access or stowage.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ElZer0 I was born, stuff happend Find out more about ElZer0
                              Working...
                              X