Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Starting tactical Vest?

u HAD to be different right? xD
    well, i think that i may have to go into a shop with a g3 mag and try them on for size and comfort.. got everything but the webbing and gun now Inc my own pair of Lowa's
    "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Comment

I use a LA vest in DMP and it will hold 1 G3 mag per pocket it has 6 ( I use a G3 SAS)

Comment

aah thank you very much! How much padding does it have roughly? and would a seperate camelbak fit on the back?
        "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Comment

Dosn't really have much padding, it does have molle loops on the back though, It what i have my shottie holster attached to.

Comment

aah ok, was just worried that because its quite large movement would be a tad hard. i would proobs need to go to a store and try them on. only thing im worried about, is that im going to be using an aeg, but also doing the light bit of sniping.. (afraid of crushing mags)...

Comment

The Viper camelback is stuitched on, Rag. I have tried my G3 mags in my wifes Viper SAAV and as Sci Fi says you will get 1 mag in each ammo pocket, albeit a fairly tight fit. There is one double puch and you can only get one G3 mag in that too. Slightly off topic but relevant I am posting you the pics of The G3 today mate.
              Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Well its personal choice to which one you prefer and how much gear you want to carry.

Personally I tried to keep my 1st loadout light and I brought the LA vest.
                My 1st loadout was a Black Hawk Down roughly inspired one

The LA vest worked well and it had plenty of room for mags and extra bit. Its all down to how much ya want to carry. I prefered the more compact LA. In the front pockets I used to get 2 m16 mags in each, so it holds a decent amount.
                It also came with a belt fited so you can strap extra stuff to that too.

Thats an old pic of me in mine ... I wouldnt really say its a large vest once its on. Definately smaller than the SAAV id think.

Anyway ... if ya can get down a shop and try em both on ? see which one feels better ? Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Raguri View Post
                  What would be best to use as a starting tactical vest? i have a budget of around £30, and it needs to be able to be used with a camelbak, and also g3 mags. The two i am looking at now are: Viper LA Special Forces, OR, Viper SA Assault Vest?

I've owned the two.

The Viper LA is a really cheerful vest, not too serious.
                  Carries magazines, and has a couple of utility pouches.

What more could you need?

The SAAV is slightly more serious..
                  Lot's of utility pouches, too many.
                  Lot's of mag pouches, too many.

Hydration pack on the back, with a another utility pouch on the back.

I've written a review on the vest:

http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16785

But as others have mentioned, it's down to personal prefference.

Comment

I have just found a place that is also selling the Hong Kong in my budget.. any good?

Comment

only thing im worried about, is that im going to be using an aeg, but also doing the light bit of sniping.. (afraid of crushing mags)...
                      I've thrown myself around at woodland and urban site, hit the ground chest 1st on far more occasions than i care to remember, never once damages a mag.
                      Myself, yes.
                      Trader Feedback.
                      http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
                      http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

cheers ratty. might have to go to a shop once ive got the gun and have a lil look..

Comment

getting a viper saav as your first tac vest is pretty much tradition for airsofters, but don't bother. If I could do it again, I'd go on ebay and find some cheap issue chest rig or maybe a set of PLCE. Course, you could always use a hicap or 2 and just have a small backpack to have some water and some bb's etc in.

Comment

I have just found a place that is also selling the Hong Kong in my budget.. any good?
                            I had the Viper HK vest for about a year and a half... I had some issues with it.

The cushion around the neck gets in the way of your putting your gun stock into your shoulder and also makes using slings a pain in the arse. Theres also a pocket on you right shoulder that again gets in the way of shouldering your gun.

Otherwise, It's not a bad vest at all, plenty of pockets and excellently built. However, whenever I saw someone walking around in the Viper LA special forces vest, I always wished I had gotten one of thoses, in OD or Camo.
                            "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

LA Special Forces!!!!!

Much more compact, and won't catch on stuff. Also provides you some frontal protection, unless the SAAV.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Raguri 5 years off, now looking at finally dusting off the ol' girl and getting some games in. Find out more about Raguri
                              Working...
                              X