Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Skirmish Wear - How do you do it?

Originally posted by spetsnazdave87 View Post
    jesus, if you want to save money crotmate just dont. FR gear if you're doing it properly is ridiculously expensive!! :p
    LOL, I'll be running EVERYTHING in replica form. No Eagle or MSA for me unfortunately. Flyye, Pantac and probably some el cheapo stuff for the FR impression. Although I do have issued MARPATs coming from the US of A.
    Originally posted by fijitstiks
    they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
    Originally posted by N3ADS
    Is this you talking from experience ?..
    Originally posted by fijitstiks
    i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

Light and simple ... if i wanted heavy i'd join the real army.

Comment

either flectarn combats and shirt or black combats and tshirt. with an basic assualt vest on the top . black boonie or dpm cap or shemagh. and an aeg of some sort. and if its summer a gbb pistol

oh yeah and my camel back - the games where i take it i barely use it and the games that i don't i'm dryer than the sahara

though recently i've purchased an olive drab softshell jacket - very tf141 - which might push the look im gonna rock

Comment

Black jeans, black boots, DPM jacket, black balaclava, dirty AK47.

(Then put on your best Father Ted Accent, and suggest the brits go home) ?

Comment

Nice and Simple(ish)

Multicam TRU top + bottom
            Oakley boots, gloves and glasses
            OD MOLLE chest rig with a hydration pouch admin pouch for game plan (mag pouches built in)
            4/5 mags + a speed loader (M4)
            SERPA for my 1911 on my belt.
            Bowman headset
            Goes by the callsign "Iceman" to avoid confusion with the entire Delta team...

Originally posted by Grounded_Pilot
            ...changed my mind.

Putting a BB in a silencer then using it as a blowpipe. that's the best.
            a whole 85fps!

Comment

I had the best loadout when I just started skirmishing all those years ago...

Consisted of either a PASGT helmet, a OD Patrol cap, or a Black "Wool" watch cap on my head. Issue woodland MARPAT's. OD Tactical Tailor plate carrier, or OD Blackhawk plate carrier (depended what gun I was running). But generally they had on them 2 quad ammo pouches, canteen pouch and a utility/medic pouch. Oh and either a pair of black Altamas or Goliath desert boots. Simple. Nothing you dont need... and very very comfortable.

Comment

here in hong kong you can never stop being surprised. at indoor cqb games, where matches last no more than 7 minutes, and the safe zone is within spitting distance, people still go nuts.

this one guy wore every possible peice of ACU kit available. helmet, vest, canteen, radio, spare rifle. he was kitted for a 10 day hike across the iraqi desert. for a cqb... alot of people wear alot of stuff.

for outdoor games also, when again, the matches are 20-30 minutes, and you return to the safe zone every hour or so, people carry everything, i guess for authenticity.

for cqb, i wear a teeshirt, dump pouch, two holsters for my pistols, and a few mag pouches. gloves and glasses of course.

for outdoor i wore something similar, but i wanted a plate carrier kit. so now i have multicam trousers and shirt, and a vest with 6 mags and a pistol. i also have a camelback, because even in march its 30 degrees. i carry a speed loader and a bottle of ammo. that's it. all my tools and food stay in my gun bag.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

This how i role...

You never know what you might need in the field..."get your packs out"

Ben
                  "As the Great Warrior poet Ice Cube once said, when the day does not require an AK it is good"

Comment

it really depends on the site i'm going to , game scenarios, whether i'll be marshalling at all, weather, if i can be arsed etc etc

Saying that i'm currently favouring my warrior DA chest rig for most loadouts

Comment

If I'm going for a milsim I'll do the whole works. Plate carrier etc. Pack if needed.

Regular skirmish=Blast belt with a few pouches and a drop leg.

Authnetic when suited and light and easy when I'm just enjoying my weekend run out
                      Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                      I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

i usually go with DPM's, assault boots and a tac-vest. unless its mil-sim... then id would have everything.

Comment

Well now that I have my new Pencott camouflage, I'll be using that as my primary camo (out of 8 that I have) along with my Flyye Fast Attack Plate Carrier with cummerbund, in US Khaki Green.

Having said that, I do like going lightweight, with nothing - just a Speedloader, a bag of bb's, few magazines and an MP5. No rig.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I go for my CS95 with commando flashes
                            Viper chest rig with a couple of mags
                            spare bottles of BB's
                            usually 2x grenades, 2x smoke and 2x flash bangs

daysack with the following - gore-tex
                            water
                            chocolate
                            guille head over

weapon - Sa80 rifle

Comment

Originally posted by G View Post
                              Would just like to say, that GZW doesn't stop for lunch, it is one continuous game all day.
                              Agreed.
                              My loadout will depend on role for that day - Ghillie'd, Attacking Force, Base defense etc. Whatever is needed without taking more kagage than is ness.

Oh, and whats this 'stop for lunch' thing?!
                              Last edited by Kev.D; 13 March, 2010, 21:53. Reason: spellin
                              Kilo Veni, Kilo Vedi, Kilo Castratavi Illegitimos
                              Kilo came, Kilo saw, Kilo castrated the b@stards.

Bolt actions speak louder than words.

Comment

GZW sort of stop for lunch, I guess? I mean 90% of players will go back for lunch but the objectives will still be in play as far as I am aware.

For me I go as light or heavy as the weather is hot or cold, you find even if it is cold you will get very hot very quickly charging around and end up stripping off layers.

For me my loadout well used to be, SAAV dpm's shirt or smock and gloves/scrim if necessary.

Now however its DPMS ghillie and belt with a ammo pouch on for VSR magazines and speed loader and a small bag of bb's.

Urban is similar with 5.11 trousers, black fleece and warrior RPC 7 (soon to be a backpack since I dont require the rpc 7 unless i take my sig 552)

So both light but one is a PMC type thing, other is my sniper woodland kit.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Utrinque Paratus Find out more about Utrinque Paratus
                                Working...
                                X