Does your gear let you down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does your gear let you down?

I have tried a few slings for my shotgun and have found this has been the best by far. Still leaves it 360 pointable and can be clipped/unclipped easy.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Tac...T,471,1342.htm
    TM MC-51 (Full Systema Energy gearbox and all the other internal fo shizzal)
    Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
    Maruzen APS Type 96
    TM P226, Tac Master .
    WE SCAR + VFC UGL
    KSC GBB MP7, KSC USP .45 XM survive

Comment

i know the feeling of being too hot on the field. especially when your carrying a 6kg gun around all day. Even going to the gym 4 times a week doesnt prepare you for this :D
      FOR SALE - 3300mah 9.6 battery
      WANTED - PRS Stock, Lipo, Lipo charger

Comment

Originally posted by Prev View Post
        I have tried a few slings for my shotgun and have found this has been the best by far. Still leaves it 360 pointable and can be clipped/unclipped easy.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Tac...T,471,1342.htm
        One point slings are ok, but if your carrying a gun around for any length of time they are bloody uncomfortable. You might want to consider a 2 or 3 point sling if this is the case.

Comment

When i first started playing i didnt have any gear and just used the pockets on my trousers and jacket, didnt really like bits coming flying out when i was jumping about jumping into cover. I then picked up a assualt vest, which was nice as it kept all my gear in place and was light but it didnt really work with crawling around as i do alot. So i picked up a set of plce webbing just belt, yoke, 2*double ammo pouches and 2* waterbottle pouches and its great. I find that i only need the two ammo pouches one pair for mags the other for a waterbottle and pistol holster. I only use the belt as this setup is quite light, but for longer games i stick an waterbottle pouch on and the yoke and im away. I can crawl about all day without anything getting in the way and im really happy with the way the setup works.

Overall i think its just trail and error for gear, eventually you will find something that works, looks good and is reliable for what you require from it.

Comment

Originally posted by desertwarrior123 View Post
            One point slings are ok, but if your carrying a gun around for any length of time they are bloody uncomfortable. You might want to consider a 2 or 3 point sling if this is the case.
            I have found that if you use anything heavier than a shotgun or mp7 on the one point sling it drags your tac vest down on one side. Also another annoying factor is both me and my mate use them so other friends have found it funny to clip us together when there not in use. Not funny when one of us runs/walks away and drags the other one with them.
            TM MC-51 (Full Systema Energy gearbox and all the other internal fo shizzal)
            Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
            Maruzen APS Type 96
            TM P226, Tac Master .
            WE SCAR + VFC UGL
            KSC GBB MP7, KSC USP .45 XM survive

Comment

I'm mainly going for useability now, one game I had a RICAS with a stupid amount of gear, a molle belt and drop leg. Not the best idea on a hot day.
              But yeah, trial and error is the best idea, I've taken off most of the pouches on my RICAS and I only have a bare minimum of what I need to use and its all where I can grap it when needed

The amount of fail on this forum is increasing. Stop it. Use the damn search function.

Comment

Originally posted by kingoli2003 View Post
                Just thought id raise this issue as ive been struggling lately to carry all my gear through a 2 hour fast paced wooland game.

So here i am, behind enemy lines, shotgun laid beside me and sniper rifle gripped tightly in my palms. I see a pause in fire which gives me a chance to run to the next mound. I hook my shotgun over my back, begin to run, the shotgun falls off and is left in the open where i cannot grab it without being slotted. I then decide to fire a few shots off with the sniper rifle but only to realise my mag isnt wound on. I wind the mag on and fire again, every shot fires about 4 metres wide of the target, its very windy. When the wind settles i fire another few shots only to realise my mag is jammed. I spend about 5 minutes getting into my spanking new assault vest that claims it has easy mag access to reach for a fresh mag...

I finally get myself together only to realise my mate has shot the target carrying only 1 rifle, 1 dpm jacket and 1 high cap mag . *Anger*

That was an example of a BAD airsoft game. but what my concern is. Do we actually need all this equipment when a jacket with 4 pockets does the same job? or your old gas pistol that has never let you down over a shotgun anyday? I have a Camel hydration pack that holds 3 litres of water when it would be far more practical to carry a bottle of water in my pocket.

So just wondering what your views are on your airsoft gear and what you go for; LOOKS or DURABILITY
                To be honest..keep it simple man, i see so many people carrying a lot lot of stuff they do not even use, i do not know if you have done the army, but in the army you carry just what you need, keep it simple,useful, and agile,water, mags, bag of BBs, a back up pistol ( if needed) and voila.. just this. Keep it simple..keep it real
                Always BEANS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Enceladeus View Post
                  I'm mainly going for useability now, one game I had a RICAS with a stupid amount of gear, a molle belt and drop leg. Not the best idea on a hot day.
                  But yeah, trial and error is the best idea, I've taken off most of the pouches on my RICAS and I only have a bare minimum of what I need to use and its all where I can grap it when needed
                  agree with you 100%
                  Always BEANS!!!!

Comment

For CQB though, nothings quite as intimidating as someone coming down a corridor carrying enough grenades ammo and weapons on their RICAS for a small army (as I was wont to do )

Agree with the webbing point though, webbing is by far the most practical woodland setup. allows wearing of camelbacks and a lot of versatility in load bearing/equipment carried too. My american 56 is ok if you mod it for comfort but PLCE and Alice is the best IMHO (hate british 58, its uncomfortable as hell). If you want a blend those Molle webbing harnesses are ace too.

Dave

Comment

I have a poblem with my slings, I have a slung M79 launcher on a 2 point, with my AEG on a 3 point, so when I want to use the M79 I have to take the AEG off,

Comment

I'm considering ditching my sling for woodland, as I go through bushes a lot and it just gets in the way. May have a look at the specific RICAS slings but cant decide

The amount of fail on this forum is increasing. Stop it. Use the damn search function.

Comment

Have you tried slinging the 79 under the 3 point and holding it in place with a carabeener? Might be doable, did that a while back with my shotgun...

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by spetsnazdave87 View Post
                            webbing is by far the most practical woodland setup

what about molle vests? totally versatile - comfortable to wear can stick a molle backpack/hydration on your back
                            |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

On the point of slings, unless its a lanyard on your pistol dont bother, less you are intending to carry more than two main weapons. I have found that they just impeed with switching from shooting from left to right handed.

Comment

what about if you carry a primary and a pistol

or pyro - it just means you can drop your gun and do whatever without leaving it on the ground - also makes it lighter to carry full metal guns as some of the weight is supported
                                |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kingoli2003 Find out more about kingoli2003
                                Working...
                                X