New plate carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New plate carrier

I bought a flyye LBT for £99 new? Not exactly a hard to find the website , big supplier of helicon & flyye gear. Unless your talking about MC gear?
    6094 is a good vest , might need a slight modification for a skinny fella ( all that's needed is a few carabiners or zip ties preferably carabiners though).
    RRV is also good. Also recommend the MBSS and FAPC both are very good and quite well fitting for smaller guys.

If you're quite short I'd say the FAPC or MBSS, RRV would be the best bet as I've found on smaller guys the cummerbund style PC's depending on the cut tend to not allow good shouldering of a weapon and still sit too low.
    When I was younger I used a MBSS with no problem and a 1961a with no problem either.

* Was about 9 stone , 5"6-7 at the time*

* prices seem to have gone up a tad , I bought the ciras package for £149.99 , most other stuff seems the same price though*

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

After seeing a genuine LBT 6094 last week I would steer well clear. Probably good quality but the finishing was worse than on a friends TMC (clone 6094)
      Loose threads everywhere

Comment

+1 for the DCS! Fantastic bit of kit. As for MOLLE space. My DCS is set up to carry 12 primary mags, 2 pistol mags and a radio. Radio is to the rear and i cant reach it but all mags are easily accessible. Mine is paired with the WAS PLB belt rig and works very well.

All my stuff was second hand but i got the PC, Belt rig, 1 utility pouch, 4 double closed mag pouches, 4 single open mag pouches and a grenade pouch all in MC and as new for less than your budget.
        TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

condor mpc is cheaper then the warrior kit
          Head shot aka open minded

Comment

Agree with MrGoodcat on the genuine LBT stuff, I finally got a genuine lbt 1961a in mc to replace my flyye one i've been using for 2 years and the stitching was GASH! I spent 2 hours with a lighter burning the loose threads off the dam thing! Steer clear! If you want to be a bit different why not get a blackhawk ddpm plate carrier, lots of molle for pouches and easy to don/doff with no side panels although it would limit you to a UK forces style loadout, it would be well within your budget limit

Comment

I recently bought a warrior Ricas and my god I've never worn a vest so comfortable. Weighs twice what my old osprey tac vest does but you'd never notice it.

Total thunbd up for WAS.
              Upcoming Games:
              None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
              Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

simonmoore1986 Find out more about simonmoore1986
              Working...
              X