Tri PRC 152 MBTIR Replica (Super Gucci)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Programming Cable!

Hi guys, I am interested in buying this radio, but no one has answered the question of where to get the programming cable, or if there even is a cable for that matter! I will only buy the radio if I can control the software from a computer.

Comment

Re: Tri PRC 152 MBTIR Replica (Super Gucci)

No. Is not available.

Comment

Was supposed to come out this year I was told by a major distributor. Fail lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, everyone, I have good news. I found a free, open-source program called CHIRP. http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Home

I think that if the serial interface port on the TRI is wired up for programming, we can program this radio!

Comment

I bought one tri prc-152 from toysoldier. The battery charger always shows green(means fully charged) but when i use it, it won't last more than 30 minutes
            The FM channel and weather boardcast are fantastic, yet i still need to return this unit to toysoldier.
            it wont work with my real headset comtac ii.
            Charger and battery are bad.

btw i bought toysoldier's ptt(says work for real steel, but it doesnt)
            Last edited by golgo013; 18 December, 2013, 06:23. Reason: additional information

Comment

Originally posted by Subcaptian View Post
              Well, everyone, I have good news. I found a free, open-source program called CHIRP. http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Home

I think that if the serial interface port on the TRI is wired up for programming, we can program this radio!
              Its just a case of wiring it up then? I'm screwed then I am rubbish at stuff like that lol.

Comment

Originally posted by golgo013 View Post
                I bought one tri prc-152 from toysoldier. The battery charger always shows green(means fully charged) but when i use it, it won't last more than 30 minutes
                The FM channel and weather boardcast are fantastic, yet i still need to return this unit to toysoldier.
                it wont work with my real headset comtac ii.
                Charger and battery are bad.

btw i bought toysoldier's ptt(says work for real steel, but it doesnt)
                That's a shame mate. My two from Tri are faultless, batteries charge and last forever.

What's this weather broadcast thing? I don't have that! Or haven't found it...

Comment

still waiting for my p-x prc-152 to arrive, and the impedance cable. then i'll compare.

Comment

Am going to make another video today showing off some of the accessories. If anyone wants to see anything specific let me know and I'll include it.

Comment

heya rich, have watched your previous videos with interest, any chance you could do a test with a real headset (MSA Sordin, Comtac etc) to see what it's like with a low impedance mic?

Comment

I can't as I don't have that kit however the radio comes bundled with a replacement mic for those headsets illuminating the problem or of course you can use the £20 impedance cable.

So long and short of it - no lol sorry.

Comment

Hi, Rich
                          have you tried the http://www.antoutdoors.com/index.php...i-prc-152.html ?
                          the impedance cable, does it work?

I just got my prc-152, I have not yet receive the ptt and cables yet. I ordered twice so.....

Comment

That is the right cable and I have read else where that it works so I can't imagine it won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich83 View Post
                              I can't as I don't have that kit however the radio comes bundled with a replacement mic for those headsets illuminating the problem or of course you can use the £20 impedance cable.

So long and short of it - no lol sorry.

no worries!

Comment

I just compared the toysoldier and p-x prc-152

when i switch both unit to FM101.3

The toysoldier makes weird sound, P-x's unit does not.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rich83 I am a mole and I live in a hole. Find out more about Rich83
                                Working...
                                X