Collapse

Tri PRC 152 MBTIR Replica (Super Gucci)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tri PRC 152 MBTIR Replica (Super Gucci)

How bizarre mate. So it just makes a funny noise for no reason? Check that the settings on both radios are the same - the easy way to do that is to reset both to manufactures default and then punch in the same frequency on both sets and test that way.

Comment

i reset the setting on all of the units.
      So I switch the frequency to FM, both units are able to receive from FM radio, toy soldier's unit makes noise. (i believe it is just that particular unit kevin sent to me)
      since they all made from tri, not much difference.
      However, ts kevin did some modify to the keypad.

Comment

Well I am sorry to hear that. I can only imagine that in fixing the problem with the real headsets it has created a problem with the internal speaker? You will have to see if the problem persists when using a headset.

Comment

I have not yet receive the impedance cable yet. I hope it will let me be able to TX with my real headset

Comment

Originally posted by Rich83 View Post
            That's a shame mate. My two from Tri are faultless, batteries charge and last forever.

What's this weather broadcast thing? I don't have that! Or haven't found it...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
            weather broadcast depends on ur area.

So Rich, I know you order ur prc-152 from p-x airsoft.

what kinda ptt are you use?

are you using RS headset?

Comment

I got mine from a main dealer not who you mentioned and am not allowed to say on the forums where. I am using a standard Tri radio with Tri branded accessories. If you watch my you tube videos you will see what accessories I have. Hope that helps.

Comment

so i bought 3 prc-152 from px airsoft, one from toysoldier

I also bought a lot of ptt for realsteel sordin/Comtac (including the tri Tea modified ptt)

These Chinese made ptt 80% of them works for real steel headset; However, these ptts break within 1~3 games.

Now I have 6 radio:

First P-X airsoft Prc-152
                I connect it with real steel comtac II, the impedance adapter, and Peltor ptt model number: FL5040-02

Second P-X airsoft Prc-152
                Connect with Tri tea modified u94 and real steel comtac III dual com leftside.

third P-X airsoft Prc-152
                Also connect with real steel Comtac III dual com right side, impedance adapter and Peltor Ptt model number: FL5601-02 (I have two FL5601-02, only one work, it comes with the headset when I bought it)

fourth Toysoldier Prc-152
                connect with Liberator II and Skyeye tactical amplfied u-94

fifth Toysoldier Prc-148
                connect with Comtac III with skyeye tactical Amplified u-94

sixth Toysoldier Prc-148
                connect with Msa Sordin and skyeye tactical amplified u-94

Note: 1. the Sky eye tactical U-94 does not work with p-x airsoft's unit
                2. Chinese made and tri made ptts are not reliable.
                3. Skyeye tactical's amplified ptt is durable even though it is made in Hong kong.
                4. Toysoldier's prc-152 does work right out of box if you plug real ptt with it, yet very low sound. So I plug the skyeye tactical amplified ptt with it. It is very loud now, and it works with MSA sordin and Comtac II
                5. My invisio M4h does not work with any ptt and any radio. I called T.E.A, they said that the Invisio have different circuit.
                6. The impedance Cable I bought it from P-X airsoft, $35 each. Item number :RA-OT-002
                7. Toysoldier's prc-152 does not need the impedance cable.

Comment

Can anyone tell me how to change frequency display to channel display?

I pressed the menu key and selected to 26 and 27, then i pressed menu key again to change MDF-A FREQ to CH
                  Then i pressed menu key again, then i pressed return key to exit. However, the frequency still display. It does not change to channel. why?
                  Last edited by golgo013; 4 January, 2014, 07:16. Reason: wrong word

Comment

When radio is switched off, hold the menu up button when you switch on and radio will let you go through channels.

Comment

Question about subchannel.

Lets say i want to transmit and receive with a motorola talkabout channel 21, sub channel 1

Then I change the frequency to 462.700, menu R-CTCS and T-CTCS to 60.7 Hz. right?

Still can not transmit and receive. am i doing it wrong?

Comment

Tri PRC 152 MBTIR Replica (Super Gucci)

Try using different sub channels,
                        Also try changing your bandwith from narrow to wide
                        Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

I have two of these great radios and a load of PTT accessories.

Can't fault build quality in any significant way-it's pretty amazing. The performance is equally impressive.

The Chinglish manual is the worst I have ever come across- that's why it's appears to be a pig to set up. Once you get past the manual, setting up a channel is a breeze.

Radio inside is a BAOJIE BL-UV88 ( http://www.radiomart.biz/downloads/b...9;s_manual.pdf ). Good choice to get a single radio build covering frequencies for different markets. However I would have chosen a radio version that included a Scrambler facility- it's more of a 'military' capability for a military style radio.

I plan to draft a table describing the radio functions in British English along with examples of how (and/or why) you would use those functions- they'll mostly be useful with other TRI-PRC152 radio users in a Milsim environment.
                          Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

Can anyone tell me how to program the radio to have preset channels. ie store in data bank channel 1,2,3 etc..

Comment

The manual link above explains it.
                              Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

How did you find out if its this radio model inside?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rich83 I am a mole and I live in a hole. Find out more about Rich83
                                Working...
                                X