Chest rig or molle vest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chest rig or molle vest

I find flyye pretty good, never had anything condor though. All i know is that it is quite big in the states.

Comment

I have had some condor pouches and they are really well made.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Go with a light chest rig. I have a 5.11 that is very light. Has a double triple m4 and two pistol mags on it.

I usually just where a molle belt with 6 fast mags, 2 pistol mags, radio pouch and small pouch for phone n wallet with a dop leg.

I usually wear either or, buf i have thought about using a light chest rig and light belt combo.

For me i prefer the light quick load outs, esp when its hot.

I used to have plate carriers... Sold them all
        FOR SALE
        7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
        , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

The other option I guess would be to get both so you are covered for all situations as it's Molle you can just swap the pouches between the plate carrier and the chest rig as and when you need them.

Comment

That is the wonder of MOLLE

I am gonna use my chest rig plus a MOLLE belt if I need it and use a small patrol pack for anything else so I will use chest rig or chest rig and pack for extended stuff.

Have had various plate carriers including mark four osprey (which was best) and FSBE (which was smallest) and all were too bulky in certain situations and cumbersome to put on.

Comment

So much good information, thanks chaps.

Comment

If you was to opt for a plate carrier, they generally offer much more space for fitting MOLLE pouches of all descriptions, and may require you to fit a plate, to prevent sagging, but do look pretty good, and do a good job of keeping you warm in colder weather, but may also cause you to sweat more, due to a lack of ventilation.

Tac vests, such as a 5.11 MOLLE vest, have slightly less space for pouches, so you may need to add a MOLLE battle belt, or drop leg panels, for additional pouches, if needed, that is. One great plus, is that vests are often made with a mesh material, which is great for ventilation, and makes it a bit lighter, and some have a large pocket in the back, perfect for fitting a backplate, to give it rigidity, or a hydration/water bladder. I have one myself, with shingles-type magazine pouches, which are 'stacked' on top of each other, which translates to a slimmer profile loadout.

As for chest rigs, I've still yet to try one, so I can't give an honest opinion of those.
                Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Comment

Yeah tac vests are the go to between a plate carrier and a chest rig I agree with that. Tend to be massive though!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shakingbanana Find out more about shakingbanana
                  Working...
                  X