Blackwater / PMC and sensitive loadouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackwater / PMC and sensitive loadouts

What do you think about the morales and such of wearing blackwater/pmc slash any other `sensitive` loadout.
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 8 March, 2010, 18:06. Reason: cleaning

Re: Blackwater / PMC Look Morales!!1

What are these "morales" you speak of?

Comment

Re: Blackwater / PMC Look sensitive Morales!

I personally wouldn't be offended at all if someone decided to portray a Blackwater operative on the skirmish field. If people want to portray something in the real world I see no reason why they shouldn't as long as it's not done to be purposely offensive to other players. As far as other looks go, such as WW2 SS uniforms, I think if someone wants to go in that direction for a skirmish kit then they should (Swastikas would be a no-no though). We are adults here and I think we are mature enough to handle a replication of questionable organisation's kit. This is all make believe war after all and someone's gotta play the bad guys.

Comment

Re: Blackwater / PMC Look sensitive Morales!

Originally posted by FoxyGrandpa View Post
        This is all make believe war after all and someone's gotta play the bad guys.
        This is the most significant point here, in my opinion. There's a huge difference between portraying the opfor and using a dodgy organisation as a regular loadout. In milsim, there have to be two distinct sides and, generally, one will be an enemy of "us in the west". None of the countries fighting in Afghan has totally clean hands, but we need to look at the overall reputation and make our decisions from there.

I for one would rather be wearing a taliban style loadout (as that could be opfor or UK/US SF) than wear a Blackwater badge.

Equally, WWII German is OK, but stay clear of the swastika and any groups involved in the holocaust.

We may understand what is going on, but just imagine what the daily wail would make of some photos of people dressed as some of the more questionable outfits we could portray.
        sigpic

Comment

Re: Blackwater / PMC and sensitive loadouts

Where can you get Blackwater badges ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ricochet View Post
            Where can you get Blackwater badges ?
            Couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic or serious.

http://www.mcgrogans.com/servlet/the...ECURITY/Detail
            sigpic

Comment

The offence is in the eye of the beholder, but to be safe I would stay away from SS and swastikas to be safe, same goes for Taliban/Insurgent loadouts, stay away from religious symbols and don't go round shouting "Death to the infidels".

Comment

i want to a PMC look, but not potray the Blackwater badge, same with a WWII German SF without the Swastika

Comment

I very much agree, as much as I would not agree with seeing a group of lads in SS uniforms, I would just go on the opposite team. As for Taliban load outs, seen it, never bothered me. Until one of them started shouting death to all white devils (asian lad) and he upset a few people!!! But like in a previous posts, we are all adults here and should not be an issue if your sensible about it.

Stay well clear from wearing the (enemy clothing so to speak) and acting the way they did in there part of history, 1 way to get your ass kicked lol. As for Blackwater and other contractors kit, would not even batter an eye lid at it to be honest.

Comment

If you want elite WW2 German Infantry, look at pics of the Panzergrenadier's all the cool kit of the SS but without the Nazi association as they were German Army plus the look pretty bad ass. PMC loadouts are easy enough. There is already a thread on them here somewhere.

Comment

i quite fancy doing the british loudout from 'the hurt locker.' whether or not they were contractors (they did talk about money) and whether or not they died rather quickly(an american film making sure the americans came out on top) their desert nomad look was very cool.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

Originally posted by casshern View Post
                        i quite fancy doing the british loudout from 'the hurt locker.' whether or not they were contractors (they did talk about money) and whether or not they died rather quickly(an american film making sure the americans came out on top) their desert nomad look was very cool.
                        yeah how shit did they make us out to be lol. Didn't they all have posh accents also?
                        TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Think there is another point worth making here before we move onto The Hurt Locker

Skirmishes are held on private land and as such pretty much anything goes - however you have to get to site somehow and i for one would not travel to a skirmish fully kitted out

Theats just asking for trouble

i know its not been said that full kit would be worn but its worth noting - imo

and yes they were rubbish Brits - surprised the yanks did not shoot them

Comment

Personally i am not bothered about any loadouts. i mean waffen SS is still acceptable to do since they were the fighting arm and they fought along side the heer.

Anyway why is such a big fuss came up about blackhawk yes i know about the attrocities but creating a blackhawk loadout out of a PMC loadout requires just the badge. PMC loadouts are cool enough

Comment

Originally posted by murta369 View Post
                              Personally i am not bothered about any loadouts. i mean waffen SS is still acceptable to do since they were the fighting arm and they fought along side the heer.

Anyway why is such a big fuss came up about blackhawk yes i know about the attrocities but creating a blackhawk loadout out of a PMC loadout requires just the badge. PMC loadouts are cool enough
                              Blackwater dude, Blackhawk is a helicopter lol...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BO3864 Find out more about BO3864
                              Working...
                              X