Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Eye protection for use with kevlar helmet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eye protection for use with kevlar helmet?

Bitter End goggles. Top product :D $45 USD delivered... so that's about £30.

Comment

Originally posted by chazzmonkey
      PM me i can get you ESS Ice cheap, i am starting a tactical kit retailer and so i can do good prices for you...
      Errrmmm... I already have the ICE...

Arnie: I will double check the string but I think it's actually the rim of the helmet (ooh err) that's hitting.

Jagilljam: those look ideal. I would put money on those fitting ok. It looks like they may be my last option. By the way, why does a lot of airsoft eyewear use mesh rather than lenses??!!

Cheers!

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR
      TM chrome Deagle / KWA P226 / WE G18C Gen4

Comment

The massive advantage of mesh is that you don't suffer from fogging. In the summer running about you can steam up glasses so easily. Especially if you have some kind of face protection, which funnels your breath upwards. People will tell you that potentially a tiny piece off BB could get though. Possible, but not very unlikely, and even then would be going so slow, would be an annoyance rather than a danger!

Heroshark also does some on these forums with a wider mesh, which lets in a bit more light! Mine came with an elastic backing strap, keeps them nice and tight

Should fit fine with the helmet, because they are in your eye socket as such, not sitting proud of your brow line.

Comment

Ah right ok that makes sense. I could do with getting hold of Heroshark now....

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR

Comment

Originally posted by warrenpenalver View Post
            Ballistic Nylon and kevlar are the same material!!!!! Kevlar is just a copyrighted trade name!!!
            That's like saying perspex and Lexan are the same.
            No, they're not the same.
            Ballistic nylon was developed by DuPont during WW2 as a protective material. It's basically a stronger weave of ordinary nylon.
            Kevlar was developed by DuPont in 1965, and is a different material.
            Kevlar is a para-aramid fibre, a development of the polyamide type fibre, of which nylon is a part, but they are by no means the same thing.
            Originally posted by Planemo View Post
            Just thought I would update this thread. I'm totally gutted really. I got hold of a brand new shiny set of ICE 2.4's and they don't fit. At rest, with my helmet on, the front edges of the helmet just touch the glasses and so with a bit of running the helmet ends up pushing them down my nose. I'm happy that the helmet is a secure fit but you will never eradicate all movement and so with the glasses touching at rest it's a no hoped really.
            I don't think your helmet is adjusted properly.
            UK troops in Afghanistan are using ICE 2.4s.

Comment

[QUOTE=No1_sonuk;312716I don't think your helmet is adjusted properly.
              UK troops in Afghanistan are using ICE 2.4s.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what i said!
              If you tighten the string up it will lift the whole helmet slightly higher off your head and face, should eradicate the problem.
              sigpic

Comment

+1 for the mesh goggles , I've just ditched my ESS advancers in favour of a pair of steel mesh goggles . Just got fed up with them fogging up all the time even tho they were vented.
                Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptang Zoo Boing Zow Zing

Comment

No real point in mesh for those of that need prescription lenses and can't use contacts.

Comment

Indeed
                    sigpic
                    All I feel when I shoot someone is the recoil.

UMP.45 w/ ACOG
                    A&K Magpul Masada w/ EOthech replica holographic

Comment

Well, I finally went all out to sort the problem tonight. I found out that it wasn't the rim of the lid hitting the specs at all. I then found out it wasn't the dpm cover either. I then pulled the inner string so tight that it was like piano wire. That didn't work either. Bear in mind that in all other areas the helmet fits me fine.

I then had a closer look (should have seen me indoors with a torch shining up me hooter- lucky the Mrs had gone to bed) and found that what was actually hitting the 2.4's was the inner foam/leather padding!! The first pic shows that the lid isnt too low on my head (if anything I have a long head). And despite what the pic shows I'm not boss-eyed...

This pic shows the problem area- it was like this on both sides.... as much as it pained me to do it I have solved the problem by cutting out the padding around the problem area which isnt a problem to the fitting of the helmet as the areas in question dont make tight contact with my head anyway. And of course you can't see the padding has been cut when it's being worn.

So, problem solved, albeit by making the inside of my helmet not as pretty as it once was but I'll live with it and I get to keep the 2.4's which I do like a lot! Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by bigdave196 View Post
                        I use ICE 2.4s with my lid, but I still find the front of the helmet hits the top of the glasses in certain situations. I don't think you'll find any goggles that are a perfect fit.
                        Originally posted by Planemo View Post
                        Just thought I would update this thread. I'm totally gutted really. I got hold of a brand new shiny set of ICE 2.4's and they don't fit. At rest, with my helmet on, the front edges of the helmet just touch the glasses and so with a bit of running the helmet ends up pushing them down my nose. I'm happy that the helmet is a secure fit but you will never eradicate all movement and so with the glasses touching at rest it's a no hoped really.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do now. My regular specs fit as well as some 'wraparound' sunglasses I have but it's getting some of a similar size that offer the same lens protectection that I need. It also means that by default they won't cover as much area around the eye socket which of course isn't ideal if a bb could find it's way in somehow.

I'm at a loss to be honest, I can't see how it's this difficult and more to the point I can't believe that Our Boys on the frontline haven't come accross the same problem with the issued eye protection.
                        I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Planemo Find out more about Planemo
                        Working...
                        X