Ghost Camo and more....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Camo and more....

So have seen a site selling ghost camo set and woodland MARPAT sets, both same price both trousers and top. As this is going to be my first airsoft gear for woodland sites I was wondering has/does anyone use ghost camo and how effective is it and also the same with woodland MARPAT.

Would just like peoples personal opinions really, are other sets like Soldier 95 DPM worth taking a look at it seems a bit "dated" to me compare to the digital stuff.
    Last edited by ThePope; 27 March, 2009, 14:40.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Re: Ghost Camo and more....

dpm is used by alot of people as it is so readily availible and is quite cheap. I would suggest soldier 95 as your first set of gear as it wont cost you alot and it works well in woodland. untill you start going to different sites that have different conditions and camo requirements or you are trying to create a specific look then i would stick to one camo. I have been playing for two years and am only just now thinking of getting some different camo. I really like my dpm as it works well at the sites i go to.

Comment

I assume you aware that Ghost is essentially multicam. Without the price tag!

Multicam is light and greeny, but also pulls light in from around it. So works well when standing, and also when laying on the floor. Marpat is more brown based. Very good camo, nearly trod on a guy wearing it once! But being more brown, when standing works less well.

I wear multicam as I think it offers the best all round. Marpat looks very cool, and great on the ground. But not so great standing in the green leaves.

Comment

I don't really like multi-cam. Theres just something about it that makes me want to hurt kittens. It's pretty effective in woodland but a bit too light brown to really good. DPM is pretty much invisible and so is CADPAT. That stuff messes with your eyes so much its unreal and very simmilar to MARPAT only mostly greens and blacks.
        SAVE OUR SPORT
        http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

Love CADPAT but can't find it in any stores and the only one on ebay I can find has extortionate postage and won't get here in time for the Easter weekend game Ty for the help btw guys much apreciated. Leaning towards MARPAT due to the eye messing qualitys!

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Maybe try looking at a shop that sells flecktarn for the cadpat but the trousers are £35

Mike

Comment

i saw a guy wearing cadpat and he looked really cool
              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

cant go rong with DPM, it was designed to fight in Europe, and if it works for the pro's.... that and its cheap

Comment

DPM is sooooo 1980's!

The tree are much more digital in the woods nowadays don't ya know!?

Comment

DPM is sooooo 1980's!

you almost need a fat mustache to pull off wearing DPM

Comment

yeh im with you J...multicam is the way......Blend In

Comment

camo i've found works best is actually the more often than not overlooked tiger-stripe, works brilliantly in woodland environments such as GZ for a start (saved my hide many times at last years weekender *nods* ). should look into it as theres some good stuff out there, combine it with an OD rig and you can be nigh on invisible, i've even had folks walk within a foot of me without seeing me with this stuff :D
                        sigpic
                        Mercs Boss
                        Armoury:
                        ICS MP5A4 w/ Lighted Forend \ G&P XM177E2 w/M203 \ ZM Weapons Original LR300 \ TM MP7A1 \ TM M1911A1 \ TM P226R

Comment

and even the urban tigerstripe looks wicked....

Comment

sod dpm (which i use lot :s), multicam, and tigerstripe, the way to go is hunting camo with a concealment vest

or even a bright blue hat, weirdly when i have it on i get shot less
                            Santa *creepy kiss* xXx

Comment

SShhhh!!

You'll give away our secret about how good tigerstripe really is!!
                              SAVE OUR SPORT
                              http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ThePope Find out more about ThePope
                              Working...
                              X