Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A word of warning

http://www.statutelaw.gov.uk/content...filesize=10528

Just beware, there is a law regarding the wearing of certain badges, kit and clothing!

Re: A word of warning

Thanks for the post, though I'm not sure why this is now more relevant than before, as the act is well over 100 years old. So hardly a new change.

I does clearly state that the act does not apply to: (I quote)

"authorised for the public performance of stage plays, or in the course of a music hall or circus performance, or in the course of any bona fide military representation."

So basically for airsoft is fine, walking down the street in full kit isn't. I'd hope this would be common sense to everyone!

Comment

OOPS - it would appear I've been breaking the law when I stop at Tesco to buy a packet of fags then!!

I wonder how seriously my local police would take this?

Comment

so is going to maccyds in full gear illegal? if so, about 40 of us have broken the law at lunchtime at my local cqb site

Comment

it must be illegal because the police in the uk are goin to make a law pass in government for the british forces are not allowed to wear their uniform in public even on our home paradea that have bin on t.v .

the law is gettin beyond a joke . must be murder with all the strippers then lol

Comment

I thought it was only illegal to be wearing Reg. Badges and Insignia's?
            Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
            It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Despite the law being over a 100 years old, it was reviewed in '91.
              Read into it what you wish, but just a point to note! I dont think the police would be too bothered, but its just something to bear in mind!

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
                it must be illegal because the police in the uk are goin to make a law pass in government for the british forces are not allowed to wear their uniform in public
                Got a link/source?
                Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 28 March, 2009, 16:48. Reason: language

Comment

Indeed!

The police don't make laws....

So obviously some misunderstanding there.

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
                    it must be illegal because the police in the uk are goin to make a law pass in government for the british forces are not allowed to wear their uniform in public even on our home paradea that have bin on t.v .

the law is gettin beyond a joke . must be murder with all the strippers then lol
                    LIES! ALL LIES!

Soldiers are fully permitted to wear their uniform on civvy street if they want, however the public view of the military right now isnt a very good one so most soldiers dont do it, however if you live near a barracks you will see quite a few soldiers in town wearing gear, its only illeagal to imitate a police officer and as far as i am aware you are fully permitted to wear police clothing in a private area but must remove the items when going back out into town etc

Comment

Originally posted by MiniSnipa View Post
                      LIES! ALL LIES!

Soldiers are fully permitted to wear their uniform on civvy street if they want, however the public view of the military right now isnt a very good one so most soldiers dont do it, however if you live near a barracks you will see quite a few soldiers in town wearing gear, its only illeagal to imitate a police officer and as far as i am aware you are fully permitted to wear police clothing in a private area but must remove the items when going back out into town etc

Totally correct, in fact alot of towns insist that there military personnel are able to wear the uniform in there towns.

Also you forget those personnel on colour service thats still carry uniform.

If it was that strict there would be no re-enactors, airsofters and alot of other hobbies. Also the wearing of unit badges and rank, some of us wear them because we are entitiled to them......

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo-1-Bravo View Post
                        some of us wear them because we are entitiled to them......
                        I had to chuckle to myself when I read this thread the first time, as I'm wearing a Royal Military Police polo shirt at the moment!

And, before I'm told I shouldn't be, I was an instructor at the Defence Police College near Portsmouth and Royal Military Police Training School in Chichester.
                        sigpic

Comment

Reason we are told not to wear uniform is because the country is too soft we worry about a few peoples feelings too much, the majority of public support our troops but not the war but the gov think no people dont support military at all which is very wrong

Comment

whats the queens adress?

Comment

for your info wat i just said isn't lies all lies . as gren guard 5 of us got took to the police station because we were on civvi street in dessies goin to shop for harios . an hour after we got back from afghan spending time with our familys . so in some parts of the country it not allowed because this country is a nanny state to people we offend . if you still thinkin it all lies come to derby and midlands . in full kit with ranks and badge on and within an hour you'll be in nick . even cadets have to have permission in derby then they only allowed an hour . plus the acio's who recruit are all bein warned hense why they have 95 bottoms and issue boots but have regi top and beret

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hoggy21 Find out more about hoggy21
                              Working...
                              X