A word of warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A word of warning

I used to be in York, and nobody batted an eye lid. But then again, York loved us, because of the work we did during the floods in 2000.
    It isnt illegal to wear uniform in public, at all. It is illegal to wear a uniform with full badges etc, if you are not entitled to. The act is from 18whatever, but it was reviewed in 1991. There has been a lot about this on the Arrse website, as people who are Walt's have been pinned for it, and faced court.

Comment

I like the fact you aimed this at me even though 2 or 3 others have said your wrong, you made it sound like it was the ground law for everywhere just because its your town that doesnt let you wear your uniform doesnt mean every other town in the country is the same, so your still wrong in the sense you aimed it at everywhere.

Also the police dont make the legislations the gov do

But i do now know what you are talking about

Soldiers are now not allowed to wear them due to constant harassment but there so many people complaining and moaning that the law isnt even in effect but some towns will arrest while others praise you.

Source dated 7 march 09

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/arc...rms_in_public/

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
        for your info wat i just said isn't lies all lies . as gren guard 5 of us got took to the police station because we were on civvi street in dessies goin to shop for harios . an hour after we got back from afghan spending time with our familys . so in some parts of the country it not allowed because this country is a nanny state to people we offend . if you still thinkin it all lies come to derby and midlands . in full kit with ranks and badge on and within an hour you'll be in nick . even cadets have to have permission in derby then they only allowed an hour . plus the acio's who recruit are all bein warned hense why they have 95 bottoms and issue boots but have regi top and beret
        I would be very interested to hear what the police "arrested" you for. There IS NO law on the statute books that could have been used. It's possible that you were taken in for your own protection, due to local sensitivities, but you could not have been arrested. If you were arrested, I'd take the police to court for wrongful arrest!

Also, the law is the law for the whole country, not in just parts of it.

BTW, if you are Guards, how the hell did you get past selection with your spelling?
        sigpic

Comment

That RAF thing was an isolated incident (and the CO being a puff). And just how well do you think the 'news' travelled across the Atlantic in that article?

Service personnel are encouraged to wear uniform in public by most units. Fact.

Comment

Indeed panoptes

also i am also interested how he became a guard with terrible spelling.

Id be so proud of wearing my gear i wouldn't care if i got harassed by minorities.

Comment

Originally posted by MiniSnipa View Post
              also i am also interested how he became a guard with terrible spelling.
              I don't think good spelling is a pre-requisite for bulling boots, guard duties and killing people on the battle field.

But that's a whole 'nother story...

Comment

I all ways thought guards had a lot paper work as well as bulling boots and what not

Comment

Errm. Not really... paperwork's generally for more intelligent folk.

No offence.

Comment

I aint intelligent so i dunno who you were saying no offence to

Comment

for your information i have dyslexia so i cant spell and i was never on public duties . also on front line thanks for hitting nail on head guys bet you lot never thought of the dissorder i suffer with . and rockinrobbin i didn't actually think that i might have been for my protection . thank you for pointing that bit out for me

Comment

I am also dyslexic and dyscalculic but i never ever use it as a excuse, so like i say to anyone and everyone

Wah tears want a tissue?

if you were arrested like robin said it was for your protection not law

Comment

yes i figured that one out now but we have heard in the grape vine that they trying to pass it through the gov that all was tryin to get across . and im not tryin to use it as an excuse it just not my fault if i cant spell . and for your info the guard aint all paperwork . that the co's or nco's job not the guardsmen .

Comment

Fair enough, although what i have seen so far in recent news on the net the majority of the public are very angry over banning letting soldiers wear uniform, seems like IT IS the minority who dont like the soldiers.

Comment

yeah thats why i thought it was made law without us knowin . sorry if i got intel wrong

Comment

Which Guards Bn and what Barracks?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hoggy21 Find out more about hoggy21
                                Working...
                                X