X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pictures Of Your Gear

Originally posted by simon4103 View Post
    Nice kit mate. Love that look!

Did the peas pattern trousers ever get worn with the field grey top?
    Do you ever get any flak for SS loadout?

Field grey tunic with Dot pattern trousers was quite common, especially around the time of Arnhem. Great combination.

As the lads have said, get your kit dirty. At first you might be reluctant but it makes a hell of a difference. I was a guest of the old Tiger 1 at Detling and those boys are seriously grubby looking. Didn't want to ruin my new uniform but once I'd rubbed large amounts of wet mud in, paying particualr attention to knees and elbows it actually made the wole thing look a lot better.

Heres a pic of me wearing belt order as I was driving the 222. Will post up a pic in full kit when I get chance

Comment

Lush Helm Andy. Thats exactly the style I wanted to do. damn you no money!
      Rik Jones - South Wales Airsoft

Comment

[/QUOTE]

Great pics...where was this taken?
        Love the look and the use of vehicles.
        Is this airsoft or re-enactment ?

Comment

This was taken at this years Detling and I was there as a re-enactor. We also had a repro PzIII, original Kubelwagon and orignal Schwimmwagen. Great fun driving the 222 even if you could see bugger all and had to be directed via headphones from the guy in the turret.

There was an airsoft event planned for December which would have been able to incorporate these vehicles plus half tracks, sadly lack of interest from the Allies means it may not go ahead.

Comment

Andy, that Mich looks great. what is that mount on the front called?

Trader feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...411#post240411

Comment

Thanks!
              Its a BULLE replica MICH 2000 which has been kryloned a few times different colours, now it is staying tan. The NVG mount is a replica "3 hole Norotos" its not completely correct for the loadout as Rangers use the "one hole" type, however I am not that bothered right now. I may change it in the future.

Comment

cheers for input guys,the trousers where brand new an thwe tunic is my smarter one (i use a luftwaffe flak gunner for all the dirty work) i tend to wear the dot trousers ove rthe wool ones as they don't ich

@simon no mate i've never gotten any from anyone mostly questions like "bet your hot in that" :P

i need some of those leather mp40 pouches since the G43 (m14) was down that day thats why my pouches are wrong

if anyone wants to know the tunic is one DG1 supplyed an is ververy very nice
                also i got some bits of tin from you in the post DG just picked them up thanks mate it'll look better with these on
                custom K98/TM MK23/CA M203/KJW M9 for sale /swap for a CA M15A1
                my rating
                http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15238

Comment

Originally posted by nice_guy_andy View Post
                  Thanks!
                  Its a BULLE replica MICH 2000 which has been kryloned a few times different colours, now it is staying tan. The NVG mount is a replica "3 hole Norotos" its not completely correct for the loadout as Rangers use the "one hole" type, however I am not that bothered right now. I may change it in the future.
                  After one myself. Bulle version any good? :D

Comment

The one I have is an early BULLE one so the qaulity is quite good, I cannot comment on the newer ones.

Comment

Cheers. I shall have to purchase one :D

Comment

I'm not very pleased with my BULLE one. The velcro for the pads is coming off, and I wasn't particularly impressed with the straps either.
                        Will post up pics if you're interested.

Comment

Like I said, the later ones they have for sale are a bit hit and miss.
                          I got mine & a mates years ago (3-4) and have never had any issues with them. I have replaced the straps for issued ones and I am thinking about replacing the pads for issued ones.

Comment

The old MC in action at the weekend here. This time of year when the grass is beginning to die off works very well I think.

This is at Fort Amherst, which is a Napoleonic Fort in Kent! Just by the entrance to the Chapel a mostly underground bombed out church! The nature of the site means lots of places to defend from. Here the entrance to the chapel is about 4ft below ground level.

From the other side you can really appreciate it! :D

(Pictures "borrowed" from the site owners gallery on facebook )

Comment

I think the brick wall camo would of worked better personally :p

Comment

Just to counter Smellypocket and DG1 and I give you my Soviet Impression.

RKKA 1942/43

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shadowcaptain Something About Yourself... oh shit i dont think thats what it meant by "write something about yourself"basically i am alex rhodes, the one and only :Pi like to think of myself as just an average guy, with a good sense of humour, and some ace friendsim not big on myself so i will leave the judgements up to you...i just hope they are all goodso there you go...on the most basic of levels that is me___send us a message ____im allways about to answer them and will ALLWAYS REPLY unlike some peopleAlex Rhodes, (aka ShadowCaptain) x Find out more about shadowcaptain
                                Working...
                                X