This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: pictures of your gear

super sweet that was what my old loadout was!
    aeviv- not a lot of people can take me seriously! but i will try it!!

Comment

Originally posted by the guru View Post
      my brit infntrey look
      Not a bad effort, mate. Room for improvement though.
      Good evening... Infidelllll!

Comment

what wold that be? and befor you say an acog i am in geting one sone
        Originally posted by Stones
        true, but one goes boom at things that fly and one goes boom at things infantry dont like.

Comment

Originally posted by 101stairborne-506 View Post
          That looks pretty spot on, you just need to tidy away the loose ends on your webbing and have a roll in the mud and you'll be ready for those jump wings my boy :D

Sniperiain, you'd be surprised at how comfortable 1940s kit is, I can quite happily sprint about in mine all day long. I own a heap of modern gear aswell as some period stuff and to be totally honest, for playing airsoft, they're about on par. And whoever told you the Thompson was rubbish needs a slap, they're great little AEGs :D

Comment

lol
            really?
            oh right i would never have thought that because it sounds like old stuff the material wouldnt be that great! but i must admitt that ww2 guys that have it all right do look good!
            ill slap him for you!
            but on the "scoutthedoggie" videos on youtube it sounds horrible!
            no offence
            but the garand sounds and looks nice!

Comment

Originally posted by the guru View Post
              what wold that be? and befor you say an acog i am in geting one sone
              Besides the ACOG (SUSATs work too)!

It's a good retro look. Like the kit used in the 90's.

if you're after a modern look, however: Try and get a hooded smock if you can. Either an issued one or an SAS type one. CS95 trousers and shirt or tropicals work well too. I still have a set I cut around in on exercise.

The belt kit looks like it's a bit too high (it could be just the angle the photo was taken). Lower it slightly. I have mine more or less around my hips (when I use the stuff. Assault vests and plate carriers are my thing at the minute. It really pisses my troop Sgt off. He's a G-10 for men dinosaur! hehehe!). I find it's more conformable lower down and you can get to your magazine pouches without reaching up into your armpits to grab a new mag.

it's personal preference mostly though. Whatever works for you.

The airfix model posters and that orange tag has to go too! And make your bed you 'orrible little man! :D

Comment

me lookin damn good

Comment

lol, nice pic, what's that vest?

Comment

cool vest!

Comment

decent brit kit guru, i like the general above am miffed with my seniors who cant just let belt kit die!!!!! its all about the molle and personalisation now. i use a 901 rig for work now and it drives them all mad upstairs but eff them, i know what kit i need to do a job!!

'Doctrine is the final refuge for a lack of imagination' - do NOT use this line on your Coy Sgt general he he i tried that.
                      Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

A w.i.p of mine.

The fanny pack was thrown on at the last minute for the picture so it usualy sits far lower down.

Sorry for the poor photo my dodgy stance and the flash sorta ruined it.

I'll get some better ones once i get a new battery for my camera.
                        > Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

Originally posted by jockjay View Post

'Doctrine is the final refuge for a lack of imagination' - do NOT use this line on your Coy Sgt general he he i tried that.
                          We say worse to him. He's a twat of the highest order. We've been trying to break him while we've been doing our PDT. It's working too. :D

Comment

hey guys, got some pics of ma gear to date

my british army look with the custom m249, drop leg mp7 and l85 with ugl at my waist, using a custom made PLCE rig, and modded helemt

quite a dodgy lookin pic, however its dualin the m249 and l85 with ugl

beastin peice of kit!

just a wee pose :P

intend to change the combat jacket to ubacs, and the boots to hi-tec magnums :P, also got some more mods to do to the PLCE rig
                            Originally posted by bravotwozero
                            Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

nice kit there

Comment

yeah it is nice, is your helmet a mk6? what make's you l85?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shadowcaptain Something About Yourself... oh shit i dont think thats what it meant by &quot;write something about yourself&quot;basically i am alex rhodes, the one and only :Pi like to think of myself as just an average guy, with a good sense of humour, and some ace friendsim not big on myself so i will leave the judgements up to you...i just hope they are all goodso there you go...on the most basic of levels that is me___send us a message ____im allways about to answer them and will ALLWAYS REPLY unlike some peopleAlex Rhodes, (aka ShadowCaptain) x Find out more about shadowcaptain
                                Working...
                                X