Choosing that first load out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Choosing that first load out

That's alright mate. I built a very nice L119 and I reckon the parts cost about £80, and considering you can start off with a £120 cheapo gun as your base that is £200 for a cool looking gun. That said you might get on with the L85 but they weigh a ton and I find them slower to reload than an Armalite. There are also less customisations you can do to them, if you wanted to go down that route.

Comment

Thats cheaper than an l85a2 though lol.
      I was looking at the l85 as its what i used. But i am also aware of the presence of the l119 as the marksmans rifle. I would have enjoyed that had i ever been able to get on the course after hitting 67 on my apwt at catterick.

Comment

Nah the L129 or something is the new semi sniper lol too many numbers!

Comment

yeah im getting my numbers mixed up. Been a long day lol.

Maybe i should just make a 81mm mortar, sit at the back and if anyone argues...point out. It's what i was doing in 04 lol.

I mentioned on the 'contemporary british thread' that i would guess at the minimi/lsw both coming under the support gunner 'role' with the 129a1 being the 'sniper'. So any serious milsim sites would likely limit the number of these on the field.

Comment

Nah I don't think hey do in all honestly. Remember that making an L129 is expensive, but under the bonnet its just a normal Airsoft rifle (if you don't upgrade the power too much) and as such you can use it on auto or what ever. With the minimi, you can whack a rifle mag in and then it's a normal Airsoft gun lol. And swerve the LSW if I were you, I don't know how much use they are these days.

Comment

Not much more than an l85a2 Rich.

ICS l85a2 £305
              ICS L86A2 £335

Comment

I think I missed your point mate. Not much more than...

Comment

Sorry rich. Misread your post and thought you said swerve it because you didnt know how much they were these days lol.

Comment

Heheheh

Comment

So it looks like the plan...thats gone -- current infantry-current sf infantry-stargate-ww2 airborne-late 90s infantry. Has now come full cirlce back to.

Modern British infatry soldier.

Comment

Its a good look. Plus its cheap, affordable and comfy. I much prefers Brit clothes over Yank clothes, but their weather gear is much butter than ours

Comment

Oh yeah fairplay on the kit.
                          One of the first kit changes i made when i got my full issue was to swap the issue mags out for the colt (if i remember correctly) ones. Meant getting 30 rounds in without the dreaded thunk of a missfeed.

Looks like the first £80 of kit will be bought tomorrow. Will likely be boots as i need them as much for work as airsoft. I start a new job next week after 2 months unemployed and its at a kids woodland adventure park. So will need to find something airsoft suitable, but also resilient enough to withstand muddy british weather lol

Comment

When I was a young man!.....I started with flecktarn, at the time easily available and very, very cheap. Made of quality materials and lasted and lasted. Now it is just as expensive, sorry, same price as current British dpm.
                            But going current means getting hold of cheap grade 2 stuff so you can start cheap and then swap newer stuff in. Boots for instance, British Army Pro Boot @£40, but will last years.
                            You should be able to pick up an Osprey MK4A for around £80, but this is something you will buy once.
                            It's make your mind up time....pick a loadout and stick with it.
                            sigpic
                            "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

It is done. Modern british infantry....i want to type rifleman but yeah....

Plan is to buy everything wearable, get ukara sorted buy l85a2 and then work on making it more 'current'.

1st stop is the boots. £80 top end budget probably means second hand or bay of e-ness for them.Just trying to figure which will be most suitable for day to day wear at work on a woodland adventure park and also for use with my modern mtp kit.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostwalker View Post
                                It is done. Modern british infantry....i want to type rifleman but yeah....

Plan is to buy everything wearable, get ukara sorted buy l85a2 and then work on making it more 'current'.

1st stop is the boots. £80 top end budget probably means second hand or bay of e-ness for them.Just trying to figure which will be most suitable for day to day wear at work on a woodland adventure park and also for use with my modern mtp kit.
                                What size dude? Black, brown or Desert? I may be able to help you out.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ghostwalker 43 year old airsoft newbie, former tournament paintballer and marshal. Ex TA RGJ, WW2 hstory buff. Find out more about ghostwalker
                                Working...
                                X