Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

PMC/Contracter/Mercenary loadouts- if you do something well, dont do it for free!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PMC/Contracter/Mercenary loadouts- if you do something well, dont do it for free!

Ok all, my merc/contractor/pmc loadout is nearly complete, and was wondering if any others out there might have some they'd like to show off for reference/gear pr0n.

So far I've got:

Head:

Shemagh (most important bit ).

Pakol (Afghan traditional hat).

ESS ice glasses.

Upper body:

Warrior Ricas compact in coyote tan with:
    Three triple mag pouches and two singles, for 20x M4 mags.
    Three frag pouches on the chest attached to a command panel.
    Cargo pack on rear with hydration bladder.
    Carabeener on right D-ring for hanging of primary weapon.

Technicals microfibre fleece in black.

Damascus interceptor gloves in coyote tan.

Legs:

5.11 tactical trousers with kneepad inserts in coyote tan.

Primary weapon:

M4 custom with suppressor, taclight, AN-PEQ, reflex sight and vertical tactical grip, loop on sliding stock to hang on RICAS.

Have yet to get:

Desert boots (need a decent set for airsoft anyway)

Sidearm (probably a decent AEP,), holster and mag pouches.

Contractor ID armband.

Possibly a dessie tiger stripe BDU shirt for some extra insulation to compliment the fleece, either that or a thermal underlayer.

Pics up as soon as Ive got it finished, but in the meantime heres a great reference photo site of private contractors in Iraq and Afghanistan I shamelessly pinched off the PMC thread on another forum.

http://www.konstipation.com/stuff/pmc/

Some interesting pics of a couple of British contractors wearing desert tiger stripe and german camouflage in there as well to fuel the 'ahhh no merc wears camo' debate...

Let the dogs of war be unleashed!

Re: PMC/Contracter/Mercenary loadouts- if you do something well, dont do it for free!

Originally posted by spetsnazdave87 View Post
    Primary weapon:

M4 custom with suppressor, taclight, AN-PEQ, reflex sight and vertical tactical grip, loop on sliding stock to hang on RICAS.
    I was under the impression that PMC's are not allowed to use suppressors. Does anyone know for certain?

Comment

Re: PMC/Contracter/Mercenary loadouts- if you do something well, dont do it for free!

Im not sure, I know most PMC's aren't allowed access to a lot of the nicer military equipment but Dyncorp has a contract which allows them use of AN-PEQ targeting systems and access to close air support.

Im just taking the liberty of giving my fictitious company, OICS, the same deal

Would appreciate info on the suppressor issue though as haven't seen any pictures of contractors using them in A'stan or Iraq (although I think I remember some pictures of a South African merc with an M733/silencer jobby in some African hot spot not too long ago). Darkchild might be able to shed some light on this as I believe he's looking at private sector work as a career after he leaves the forces, I'll drop him a PM.

Comment

Some pics of a couple of UK contractors in Iraq...

And a lady merc, from the PEQ on her rifle quite possibly a Dynacorp contractor...

Thanks to Misfit on another forum for the link to the photosite.

Comment

I cant remember seeing any pictures of pmc's with suppressors but i did read someones kitlist a few years ago and they were saying if they could get them keeping things like extra ak's from markets, suppressors and even 40mm granade launchers, for if the shtf.

This was a few years ago and the law has changed regarding weapons owned by private military companies having all their weapons registered. Saying that what happens in the field stays in the field so even though protocol says otherwise i think i would consider picking up a shady ak for just incase. So it wouldnt surpise me maybe not officially had them but had them in the vehicle/day sack for use.

As far as the whole camo thing goes each company usually has a particular uniform they use i.e each member of personell must wear a black t-shirt with the companies logo on it. i'm sure they can wear camo providing it is either an outdated camoflague or a camo belonging to a country not involved in the conflict....so French camo is safe

I think that this loadout looks best when you have everyone wearing the same clothing in the team i.e khaki/cb trousers and black t-shirts but with individual kit i.e. vests on top.

I read an article recently suggesting for a green zone pmc maybe your pistol primary and a few mags would be fine but if your going into a dangerous area then carrying atleast 12 mags is a must!

The contractor who did the article was saying he uses a cqbr usually with an aimpoint but in case of long range shooting he keeps a longer barreled upper reciever with acog in a case in the back of the vehicle.

I found this quite interesting, i'll find the article again and post it up.
          theres nothing better than when your friends show up with a whole lotta guns!

Comment

Yeah cheers mate that'd be good.

On that picture site you can definitely tell companies apart, the blackwater guys seem to favour smarter clothes, block colours, low profile armour and chest rigs or 5.11 vests and Dynacorp seem to have more kitted out M4s with AN-PEQs, the occasional 203 etc and seem to wear more plate carriers. Dont know what company those brits are from though where they're dressed in german camo with eotech 552s on the rifles. My M4 is hopefully going to turn out as a cross between the Dynacorp lady's rifle and the short white Brit.

Comment

heres that article i was talking about.

http://www.pmcpsc.com/lessons.htm

I found it interesting after reading this i would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Comment

my uncle was a pmc sort of on Oman (middle east) after he lest the SAS he traned the sultans spical forces, and the sultan bourght him what ever wepon he thourght bes for the job lol

Joe
                Last edited by joseph 101; 19 December, 2008, 13:26. Reason: spelling

Comment

Bulb that article is excellent, thank you. Reading that I'm going to go for a MICH instead of my pakol now, and invest in a pistol rig sooner rather than later. It also makes me feel better about carrying 20 mags, though I might swap my lowcaps to midcaps so I can fit more than just mag pouches on the vest. Glad I've got the short M4 with Acog already too

Comment

not a problem mate its a rig ive done for a long time and ive had some slagging for years about wearing a rav, mich, three day pack and carrying my m4 or m16 by people thinking that pmc's carryonly pistol and a spare mag or they only carry a few m4 mags etc.

light weight pmc loadout (old school)

my old rav rig

Hot zone kit

These are some of my old pics of mine but they might give you guys some inspiration, i will get some more up to date pics of me and my kit uploaded for to see what you guys think.

Comment

i dont know wether anybody here could shed some light but is there more money in pmc's than there is in the army?

Comment

yes

Comment

i no this may sound stupid but what are mercenries?
                          ive heard different deffinitions

Comment

From what I have read from various books PMC's can be making around 10x army pay for short term contracts in dangerous areas.

As for a mercenary, basically anyone who fights for money, not their own country in a regular army. Usually ex forces, looking to either continue the military life, or those attracted by the healthy pay cheques.

As such the "PMC look" could be just about anything. I imagine most people will base theirs now on the kit of private security in Iraq/Afghanistan.

Comment

i see
                              but that meens they get payed to kill people?
                              what would the buisness companys be doing in iraq anyway?
                              the americans have taken all of iraqs oil havent they?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

spetsnazdave87 Find out more about spetsnazdave87
                              Working...
                              X