What camo patterns are allowed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What camo patterns are allowed?

Behind Enemy Lines, thats the name of the film! Ok I realised that they aren't mercs but paramilitaries, still if you are kind of going for the Balkans look, then thats it.
    I think if you are going for military clothing, you need to think what was avaliable backin the early 90's. Long and short, not alot. It seemed to be pretty much Silvermans and a few army surplus stores, so you are looking at OG or brit DPM from british perspective, 58 webbing with AK pouches, all that kind of stuff.
    Going back to my earlier comment, I seem to recall I read or heard somewhere that the more Walter Mitty characters would properly tool themselves up eg big guns, huge bowie knives etc to look the business then get killed!

If you want more info or piccies, look up Sandline International or Executive Outcomes, or a little bit further back to the problems in Africa in the 70's, Mad Mike Hoare. SI and EO were on that cusp of turning thmselves from what was traditional called mercenaries to PMC's, however, they tried to use locals in their jobs to ensure distance themselves.
    Hoare was a merc back in the 70's, Belgian Congo I think, the basis for the characters in Wild Geese.

Speaking of Blackwater, due to their little PR disaster the now call themselves Xe, different same, same rep!
    sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

there now blackwater again supposingly...

anyway just go with what you fancy tbh , PMCs are allowed to wear camo , its just a wives tale that their not.

i would try and get something not used by an army in the area though

Comment

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
        So for example, I don't see who would complain if a private contractor wore US woodland camo in an area where there were no US troops. After all, nobody complains about airsofters running around in whatever camo they want, and it is all freely available in shops and the Bay of E.

Comment

For some interesting info on UK Mercs in the Balkans have a look at the book War Dogs by Keith Cory-Jones. It describes a bunch of ex-army and others fighting and bringing in supplies to the Muslims. I don't have my copy to hand but from memory they wore all kinds of mismatched army surplus kit, and lots of camo.

Amazon has a few copies of the book going cheap.

Comment

Awesome, thanks buddy, and good to see you on here.:D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

scholag Find out more about scholag
            Working...
            X