Adding a Camelbak to an Osprey vest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adding a Camelbak to an Osprey vest

I too was thinking that, whilst google for pics, also had a couple of pics where the Camelbak looked different to :s
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 2 August, 2010, 15:51.

Comment

are there no clips on the bottom of the vest?

mine has clips on both the top and bottom of the vest and the camelbak - so it just clips on.
      Originally posted by Coz
      Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Have you tried it without the shoulder straps on with it just hanging off the clips on the back of the vest.
        Another idea would be to use some grimloc carabiners attached through the d rings on the side of the camelbak. That is the most common way I've seen other airsofters attaching camelbaks to molle vests, again without the shoulder straps.

Comment

I don't know if these help but they're responses to a similar question on ARRSE.

Kit question: Can the standard issue Camelbak be attached directly to the new style Osprey body armour or does it need a pouch? Similarly, has anyone found a good method of attaching the Camelbak directly to the PLCE yoke to avoid the faff of having two sets of straps?

Re: Camelbak
          Yes it can.
          As for attatching a pack to a yoke, the simplest way would be to stitch on 4 QR buckles, but seeing as how you would end up with loose shoulder straps flapping around, why not just use them or tuck it into the top of your daysack or bergen?

Re: Camelbak
          Correct - the Osprey Assault comes with a fitting kit that includes add on securing clips (top and bottom) as well as loops for securing the Camelback's D-Rings to the body armour's cover to hold the Camelback close to the armour, prevent sagging etc.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mrsjfox61 Wannabe Lara Croft Find out more about mrsjfox61
          Working...
          X