Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A snipers basic loadout.

Originally posted by owainthegreat View Post
    Yeah, also, remember to get your money's worth....

I'm sure if your paying £20 or so, you would want to get a few kills, wouldn't you?
    There will come a moment, when you get a little tired of picking people off at airsoft. It'll turn into something that's all too easy. You'll want to have something to show for your day, for the whole team to have achieved victory is a good thing to have done. Certainly keeps me happy. Sometimes it's nice to just go and shoot some bods. Other times, it's nice to have a sense of achievement. Some days you can shoot newbs till the cows come home, and it will make no difference at all. When you've been as long airsofting as bitchtits has, you'll realize that. For me, right now, I set myself personal goals. Things that are achieveable, and hopefully helpful to the team. They normally allow for some nice stealthy kills. Sometimes I like to round the day off with a nice escape, and leave the enemy looking for me. More often, it goes horribly wrong and I get caught.

Don't presume you know how to spend someone's money better than they do. If he wasn't enjoying it, don't you think he'd have stopped by now? :P
    sigpic
    Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
    I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Yup, I know it's 95% recon, 5% actually firing. But on walk-on game days, some of which the games last about a hour at most, you'd want to create as much damage as you can without being seen, while helping out with other players who take it a bit more seriously and use comms. I'm saying that only a few players (at my site anyway) actually want to take it seriously.

However, yes i fully agree that on much larger games/weekenders, the Sniper role comes well and truely into it's own, with much more dedicated players.

Comment

dopes 100% right, you will start of just going for kills then later it will advance into something totaly different.
        recently ive been working on my field craft(not that i have ever stopped working on it) and mainly using my socom pistol and just trying to get as close as possiple without been seen,and getting as many kills as i can before being shot myself.
        but info is the key to the game, i do still have days where i go shoot fish in a barrel and it is fun for a while at least.
        you can do both to be honest, relay info and get lots of kills it just depends on your observation and field craft.

anyway back to topic,

another few things i would consider

i would always advise making your own ghillie rather than buying a shop made one
        always use a rifle rag on your weapon, and idealy spray them aswell.
        always have the lense of your scope covered(bought ARDs work best,but scrim will work)

and just remeber at the end of the day there realy isnt any set things you should use,take, use what works for YOU.
        ive advised on what i would use and have for the past 8 years but someone else may not use or like using the same kit
        user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

Can we stay on topic, guys.

Comment

Bringing things back on topic (hopefully) here's my "sniper*" kit

The gun is a JG BAR-10 G-Spec with a few laylax parts for good measure.
            The wrap was a really easy job just using some scrim to wrap around the barrel tied on with strips of scrim. With it being just tied it means I can untie bits and add local vegetation if needed.

The belt kit again is very simple. The M16 mag pouch holds spare ammo in a bag for both my rifle and pistol and a two pistol mag speed loaders for the different ammo weights. The pistol mag pouch on the rifle stock holds a spare rifle mag. As for everything else, I think you can work out what it's for.
            I dont actually use a ghillie when I play** which is why I have kit towards the back of my belt I rely on being a sneaky bugger and using camo which works well. If and when I move over to sniping more regularly I will most likely make a ghillie of some sort.

*I dont class myself as a sniper. I see myself as more of a sharp shooter/scout.
            **Mostly because I cant be bothered to make one.

Comment

In the seconds picture, is the gun ment to be in sight?

Or are you hiding, and I can't see you! :D

And veryy nice kit.

Comment

Its just the gun in the second pic. I'd stand out a bit in my marpat amongst all the light green grass.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
                Working...
                X