Choices- belt/vest/more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Choices- belt/vest/more

go for plce, with a daysack yoke and get daysacks for it, you can carry anything in it that you want, and will stand up to anything, and their really cheap, for a good setup that would suit you your looking at a ultimate max of £80 from the auction site but ive never seem them go that high
    Originally posted by Teddykiller
    I have felt this wrath as I like going deep in the bush.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper12 View Post
      My budget is a max of around £80 max, i gotta carry food, i am thinking a belt with kit, and a harness, with a small 20ltr back pack strapped to it?
      PLCE mate.
      Heres something I've taken from another forum I go on about webbing.

Most Players who have used British PLCE (Personal Load Carrying Equipment) or ALICE (All Purpose Light weight Load Carrying Equipment) will recommend it in a heavily modified situation and a lot of ex forces players use PLCE due to being familiar with the system, and one of the regulars at *other sites name removed* sums it up thus:
      “British Army kit is great 'cos it’s designed to be (almost) squaddy proof so it’s more than good enough for airsoft where let’s face it, it doesn't get much stick. The webbing has mags and spare ammo up front, three pouches at the rear (two water bottles and some first aid and other bits & bobs).”

What’s in the Kit:

“What is in the pouches depends on who's wearing them, if it’s an ex military player a brew kit is essential, enough magazines and ammo to start a small war, first aid gear, water, mars bars, spare gun batteries, spare gun, wet weather gear, dry weather gear, a torch, cam cream, mossi (mosquito) spray and a kitchen sink. If it's a wannabe player they'll all be empty except for a half used bag of ammo. “– Directing Staff, *other sites name removed*.

Every one carries equipment differently and in different amounts, ex forces will carry just about everything they need for 24 hours in the field, as its been drilled into them and sometimes a bit more besides, I know one Player / Directing Staff member carries the following:

“In my webbing I carry 12 SA80 mags, 10,000 rounds of spare ammo, x2 58 pattern water bottles, crusader burner and mug, small first aid kit, 2 first field dressing's, a complete 24hr ration pack minus the choc and sweeties which I carry in my smock, Kenwood TK350 UHF radio and spare battery, strapped to the yoke I carry a DPM basha and two sand bags. In my smock I carry a waterproof note book, jack knife, whistle, cam cream, small first aid kit, sweeties from ration pack, mag lite, scrim scarf, N.I. gloves.”

It’s essential to note that aside from magazines and ammunition he carries water, food / snacks and a personal first aid kit, carrying these is a really good idea even though it adds weight, as at some grounds it’s not easy to pop back to the safe zone for a drink or a snack, in the case of a first aid kit it’s for your use, you get a nice graze from the rocks etc. you have something to cover the cut / graze, and stop you getting dirt into it, but you should always notify the First Aider / Directing staff even if you deal with the injury yourself.
      Personally I use ALICE webbing as it was the first webbing I bought and I've spent ages fine tuning mine but PLCE is much more user friendly and easier to get hold of.
      The only reason I've not bought a set of PLCE is because of the sentimental attachment to my old ALICE gear and I cant see the point in two sets of webbing.

Comment

Just been to my army surplus and picked up a set for just £50!

Comment

Vest for what you plan in carry but i prever belts, You can get more than you think on them.

Comment

Your best bet would be a molle vest- but they don't come cheap now days
            But if you were to get a assult'vest get the south african
            it has a good few mag pouches at the front and room for gas, food and bb's on the back and side's
            all round good vest
            hope this helped

Comment

Belt is where its at. Can get everything I need on there, 6 M4 mags+1 on the gun, ammo in a medic pouch, first aid kit, fags, water, spare ammo+speedloader, dump pouch pistol mag pouches. All you need for a skirmish really, as you can go to and from the carpark.

Comment

i say you have two options 1 is ti go for molle which are brilliant but pricey thay can be made to carry anything and look good for anything
                2 plce perfect for anything and idiot proof anybody can use it and can carry alot of stuff
                in the end you should look at the there area you are playing in eg which one is better for the terrain and then if you still cant decide what to get save up and get both
                hoped i helped

barny

Comment

do molle pouches fit on belts

Comment

Yes

But try and get a molle belt for a perfect fit, on a standard belt you might have some issues with the pouches not being secure.

Comment

chest rig and light backpack or molle belt pouches and the same

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                      X