The best facial protection ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The best facial protection ?

The 'Tokyo Marui Pro Goggles Fan Ventilation Full Face Version' arrived this week and first impressions are good, here are my intial thoughts

Fit - obviously built for the smaller face as its not the best fit over the bridge of the nose but over all it feels comfortable with a clip fitting at the back

Vision - Like any mask its limited compared to shooting spec's but the googles do rap around the side giving decent peripheral vision

The all important fan has two settings, the default one is ultra silent and can hardly be heard indoors even when wearing it.

The overdrive function powers the fan to blow out more air from the top of the googles much faster but with that much noiser to the point that it would get you noticed if another person was in say in a 3 meter range (depending on other airbourne noise)

Build quality - I havent seen the cheap clone so cant compare but as with other TM products its well designed, although i dont think it would hold up in heavy rain as the fan is fairly exposed and the battery compartments reside on the top of the mask, although are protected by a cover.

Does it mist up? i hope not, but will give it a go this weekend then put a full review together in the Accessories section.
    TM M4 SOPMOD, TM AKS74U, CA SA58 Carbine, J&G SCAR L, G&P M4 Commando, || TM P90TR, J&G Skorpion || TM M3 Benelli M3 Shorty || TM High-Capa 5.1, Maruzen P99, KWC Glock 23F

Comment

I make them if your interested

Originally posted by jsjpop View Post
      I am really intereted in a Shooting glass + half face cover.

Can anyone suggest a good half face cover that is comfortable and breadthable?

Comment

Think this speaks for itself

Bought both off Heroshark recently. Getting them in the post soon. Picture taken by him as well
        They look fantastic and made from real good materials (fiberglass). Seen him smacking them with hammers and no dents or anything. The spray job's also done by him to a fantastic level
        Seriously, buy a mask off him

Oh and the goggles and lower mask are two separate parts. I just bought both of them.

Comment

I dont really like mesh as I dont want any risk concerning eyes so Ive been looking at paintball masks lately, now there is one that has caught my attention-the Empire e-vents some other folks may like as it has interchangeable lenses and is one of the lowest profile masks available.

Here's a pic of it in carbon:

Definitely going on the future shopping list however at £75 its a bit expensive.

On the other hand you could go for the Save Phace masks, now these things look brutal and actually retail for around £50, have a nosy: EDIT: And yes, they are available in multifail, I mean multicam for all you enthusiasts

Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Comment

In a way I think mesh is safer. Yes with mesh, there is a chance a pellet shatters, and a small piece finds it way through.

But...

The amount of times I've seen other players have to remove protection to wipe or demist... In my view is more dangerous over all!

Comment

those paintball masks look awesome!
              im gonna get some

Comment

I have to say that the Revision Locust goggles are the best I have ever used. Never fogged up even in summer and they are indestructable too. I dont often wear face protection but I have a viper half face and a netting scarf if the fighting gets really close. Dont risk your eyes :eek:

Comment

i personally use a pair of bolle shooting glasses. they are ballistic tested and allow for aiming down the ironsights as they're so compact, they also never get fogged up as they are anti fog protected. if you want protection for the other half of your face then why not try the Viper half face mask, it protects the nose ears and face then use your goggles or glasses in addition...

atm i wear a Viper m88 helmet with my glasses inside and a DPM bush hat outside. tried using a balaclava inside for protection but it gets so rediculously hot that i don't bother anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid_snake View Post

Here's a pic of it in carbon:

You do realise thats 'carbon effect' yes?

Comment

Yes of course lol its simply a painted on pattern but hey still looks great!

To me personally my eyes are worth more to me than the small risk of shattering BBs, Id rather pay £100 and have the re-assurance that my eyes are protected than opt for mesh simply because it doesnt fog. As for mask removal due to fog thats a fair point, at the site I usually go to there is the rule of any mask removal outside the safe or during a game results in a punishment shoot-not fun!

Edit: I myself use either my BOLLE tracker goggles and they do the job very well indeed and are EN166 certified or a full face paintball mask, the reassurance when sticking your head round a corner with a full mask on is unbeatable especially in CQB
                      Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jsjpop Airsoft replaced my PS3/XBOX... Find out more about jsjpop
                      Working...
                      X