MK.6 helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MK.6 helmet

Yeah as I said, its to complete the impression, not so much to airsoft in. Though I might try it a couple of times, each to their own eh Macka?

An yea but I want to put the lining on for the look, as tbh the helmets look rubbish with just the cover on and nothing else imo.

Cheers

Comment

Either a car innner tube or an NBC boot, if you can get hold of one. Failing that, use green sniper tape. I use sniper tape, but its only because the last time i used landrover inner tubes and they kept snapping after use in the field. Its only there to keep the helmet cover in place, so i wouldnt worry about it too much. Other things to note are goggles, NVG mounts, possibly scrim, name tags and ID markings, and IR strobes. Theres a lot of different ways to do it. If its a desert cover, you might want to consider getting rid of the elastic straps. Mine snapped off after 2 months, but the green covers seem to be ok.

Regarding para lids, they arent allowed to wear the para lid on ops anymore. But ive always thought the wings and DZ patches were a bit of a give away...
      You know things are bad when the RAF REGIMENT do it...

Terry has hit it on the button. Its to keep the bloody things on. Theres nothing that looks worse than a Tom or Sprog with a helmet cover that falls off during fire and manouver. It really grips my poo!

Comment

Also, i know this is a very slim possability, but try get a Mk6A over the Mk6. Theres not much difference airsofting wise, but it will be a bit more comfortable, due to the lining on the inside being replaced with velcro and mesh which is adjustable, over the old string ring in the Mk6. Failing that, stick a FFD in the top of the Mk6

Comment

lol, I wore my para lid in Iraq for 4 1/2 months, and before that, 8 years, not one person noticed!, lovely and light, not as much ballistic protection compared to a bone dome, but I took it as a calculated risk! lol, changed the chin strap so it wasnt obvious!

(got rumbled in Ireland though.... cant mount a face shield to a para lid! good job I never lobbed out the bucket!)

Comment

Haha good shout on the NI stuff madwelshman. Mind you, the current trend is to get shot of all helmets and replace them with the 6A. Even if it is heavier, and in black rather than green, has better padding, and looks like a tankies helmet rather than a infantry helmet.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangecrushmkII View Post
              Yeah as I said, its to complete the impression, not so much to airsoft in. Though I might try it a couple of times, each to their own eh Macka?

An yea but I want to put the lining on for the look, as tbh the helmets look rubbish with just the cover on and nothing else imo.

Cheers
              It's entirely possible to 'soft in a Mk6, not really recommended though, you end up getting really hot and with a sore neck. I tend to end up wearing mine in the morning, realising it's a stupid idea and dumping it by the afternoon

Comment

you can quite easily do airsoft in one - christ ive done all sorts of stuff in my one, not to mention the boys doing it for real. - i was just trying to say that why bother if you dont have to.

hoggy - do you if you guys are getting that mk7 yet?

mac
                Originally posted by Coz
                Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Wore a MK6 for a while, no extra padding for anything.

Was perfectly usable, just where it was big, I'd just bounce my head off every low hanging branch, fort.... player etc, lol.

Back to a boonie now... :D

Comment

I'd swap my M1 lid for a bone dome any day (not really, but as M1's only come in one size, and I have a big swede! its not the nicest lid to wear, essential for the nam look though!

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
                      I'd swap my M1 lid for a bone dome any day (not really, but as M1's only come in one size, and I have a big swede! its not the nicest lid to wear, essential for the nam look though!
                      If youve got your M1 adjusted properly its a very comfortable helmet to wear but a nape strap is a MUST.

Comment

mate, trust me, it dont fit m noggin! I have about a 60" in UK mil lids, its called "outsize" lol, even if I take everything out of the inner, it still is a tight fit! lol

Comment

yeah have an m1 theyre brilliant peices of kit if quite weighty, thanks for all the replies though, I think I may get some OD sniper tape to rap around the base of it and scribble my surname on it, not sure what other bits n peices to mount onto it though a nvg mount sounds good.

cheers

Comment

Mac, the Mk7 is coming into service very soon, including the new Osprey which is very similar to Warrior rigs, but with a plate thats i think 1/3rd lighter and slightly better protection than the current plates in the osprey. The Mk7 looks like a Yank helmet! But it should offer better protection at a slight weight reduction. It'll probably start out in theatre, and then filter through the system. Dont expect to be able to buy them for a while yet, and when they do become available, theyll be v v v expensive!
                            If you can get hold of a copy of this months Soldier magazine, it has a little about it in there, which is as much info as i can give, due to it being the first ive heard of them tbh!

Comment

http://www.soldiermagazine.co.uk/mag/feature7.htm
                              Scroll down to see pics of Mk7 and New Osprey.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

OrangecrushmkII Find out more about OrangecrushmkII
                              Working...
                              X