PMC Loadout Suggestions/Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PMC Loadout Suggestions/Help

Right in terms of trousers I went for the 5.11 brand again as in my opinion they're excellent for all round wear. Khaki version so very similar to the beige, Took a look at coyote one but it was too dark.

Comment

as for brands have a look at Helikon, just got a commander soft shell off them and its amazing, fells great and does have a PMC look which for the winter would be good as its surprisingly warm.
      Fire Team Zulu
      Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
      http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

A couple of points I picked up on the thread...

- G18c will fit the Glock SERPA's as the selector is high enough up the gun.
        - If you are being picky, I removed my silencer. I'd assume they are not allowed, or atleast I've never seen one?!

Here is pretty much my last attempt, I've tweaked it a little since then:

If anybody wants to know what a particular piece is, just shout!

Comment

I haven't read every post, so sorry if I'm repeating anything someone has said, but it's important to consider what theatre you're working in.

Most people consider a PMC loadout to be all light beige and khaki based, but this is just because most PMCs currently work in an theatre such as Iraq where that makes sense. PMCs can operte any where however, so no doubt the look would change to suit the setting.

I play mainly in green and brown British woodland locations as opposed to sand covered desert regions (I just can't be bothered to travel to games that far away...). As a result when I've 'gone PMC' I've avoided beige and khaki all over the place and just replaced them with greens and browns. There's nothing wrong with your OD vest, but if you're having that still it's probably worth going with OD cargo pants, cap, etc. with some plain black thrown in for good measure.
          102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Since everyone else is doing it, here are a couple of my quick woodland PMC loadout:

Attached Files
            102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

The trouble with PMC is unless you get it right, can look like you've just grabbed whatever kit you can find in the house. Especially so with UK woodland colours, can just look like you've gone rambling

The desert look is popular because it's in fashion, but also it's much clearer it is "a look" rather than random kit.

Would be interesting to see some more european style ones mind if anybody has pictures!

Comment

Posted the above before saw your pictures, so don't think them comments were aimed at your kit!

Looks good, I think the key is looking fairly smart. So good colour matching around a theme, rather than bit of everything. Also helps if you have a team of 3-4 in pretty much same kit.

Comment

Here's my PMC style attempt....it's an older loadout and, and to break up the sea of CB, I've since changed the rig for a webtex tan vest with khaki MBSS for added load carrying space, added a DDPM drop leg and Meindl Dessie Boots.

CB Combat Pants and UBACS
                  Viper Spec ops Gloves
                  Tan Boonie

sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Comment

Updated picture of my PMC style loadout......apologies for the quality.

Has enough load carrying capacity I think....will most likley be using this set up for the next weekender I attend (May 2012)

Sand Boonie
                    Coyote Brown UBACS and Combat pants
                    Sand VIPER Spec Ops Gloves
                    Sand WebTex assault Vest
                    DDPM Webtex Drop leg holster
                    Sand Duty Belt
                    DDPM Quad Pistol Mag pouch
                    DDP OSprey helmet Bag Pouch x 3 (each holds 2 Thermobaric grenades perfectly!)
                    Coyote Brown MOLLE Go Bag (On rear of belt so not seen in pic)
                    Khaki MBSS Style MOLLE Hydration Pack (Not pictured as not arrived from HK yet!)

Primary: Sandbox M4
                    Secondary: Ruger MK1 w/4 Spare Mags

Last edited by Hellfish; 13 December, 2011, 15:44.
                    sigpic

Comment

in the second picture with you in the garden,i can almost see you smiling
                      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                        in the second picture with you in the garden,i can almost see you smiling
                        You Lie......That's a grimace.

Hagakure don't smile.

: D
                        sigpic

Comment

I think the only thing I'll be changing with my loadout is the trousers depending on the enviroment I play in. So will either wear the 5.11 khaki or OD along with the black fleece and OD vest.

Comment

All I have to ask is why spend so much money on a pair of 5.11 tac cargo trousers?

I feel that any pair of tan/stone combat trousers or even Primark £8 khaki cargo trousers do the exact same job as the 5.11s, maybe it doesn't satisfy the stitch bitches.

But when you rip the arse out of your expensive 5.11s and lob them in the bin, I'll be laughing all the way to new accessories with the money I saved with my Primark's best

I'm rough with my trousers, I'm not one to tiptoe around mud and POW's "Mad.Matt Bawdeep" Burn and the cheapy Primark trousers have stood up perfectly to them.
                            And even if I do jump onto my knees into cover and rip them from bollock to butthole, they were only £8.

Just my 2 pence.

Comment

I have had both the 5.11s and the Primark trousers you speak of.

5.11 all the way

Comment

Isn't the point you won't rip the 5.11's up, where as you'll have to play the rest of the day with an arse cheek on show

There is a reason primark don't supply law enforcement / operators and 5.11 does!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Vulcan Raven Airsoft'in since 9th Jan 2011 Find out more about Vulcan Raven
                                Working...
                                X