X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: US Navy SEALs interpretation with pics

Originally posted by Sgt_bob View Post
    He's Navy EOD.

Explosive Ordnance Technician 2nd Class Tyler J. Trahan, 22, from East Freetown, Mass., died April 30 during combat operations in Fallujah, Iraq. Trahan was assigned to Explosive Ordnance Disposal Unit 12 based in Norfolk, Va., and was deployed as part of a Navy SEAL team. (U.S. Navy photo)
    R.I.P

Comment

yea sorry about the confusion was kinda like OMFG i have that pic! post post post! :D and ye i was talking about the one that SGT.bob chucked up

Comment

hi not to bad but a few things you cant wher a us navy paches , the peltor ear defenders seals wher comtac2 and msa soradans , the gun you have it's cm16 that's a canaden vershon of the m4 moden seals yous mk18 mod0/1 and i can post my seal kit if you whant

Comment

Wow, seems the thread has gathered a lot of pace since I was on here last. A massive amount of brilliant input and advice. I think this will be of great use. rexpig, thanks for your feedback though bear in mind it is more of an interpretation rather than replica load-out. Due to financial constraints I have had to make the best of what I had or could afford. I'd love to see some pics of you in your kit by the way, would be great reference material. Post away! Look forward to viewing them.

Comment

Originally posted by rexpig View Post
            hi not to bad but a few things you cant wher a us navy paches , the peltor ear defenders seals wher comtac2 and msa soradans , the gun you have it's cm16 that's a canaden vershon of the m4 moden seals yous mk18 mod0/1 and i can post my seal kit if you whant
            Please learn how to spell...
            "cm " stands for Combat Machine , the G&G AEG range? Nothing to do with Canada, Diemaco or l119s and looks nothing like one?

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooTheMarshmallow View Post
              Please learn how to spell...
              "cm " stands for Combat Machine , the G&G AEG range? Nothing to do with Canada, Diemaco or l119s and looks nothing like one?
              Good shout there voodoo ! Lol
              "One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know." Capt. Geoffrey T. Spaulding

Comment

Think I'm going to do a SEAL team 10 load out from MGS2...

Just all OD with a OD vest and black boots....

easy as :p
                If you ever need any weightlifting, protein or gym advice let me know.

Comment

Ditch the UK issue flying suit, looks ridiculous, and lose the Navy SEAL badges, SF of any nation don't openly advertise who they are!

Krypton your rifle, get some repro AOR1 and start using google images as a reference source, there's enough images of Iraq and Afghan with SEALs there to know what gear you need.

Might come across as harsh, but these days putting together a a crap impression is inexcusable even on a budget if that applies.
                  HK 416
                  Sig 226

Geronimo - For God and Country

Zero Fucks Given...

Comment

Krypton your rifle?

Fairly sure that's from superman dude.
                    Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                    It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Yeah, go get some matt krypton paint from krypton, all SF like bro, though I hear you can a get chinese clone that's called "Krypton" but they're just the noble gas super-compressed in a can, don't know if it'll pass of as legit though...
                      Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                      big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by shorty82 View Post
                        Ditch the UK issue flying suit, looks ridiculous, and lose the Navy SEAL badges, SF of any nation don't openly advertise who they are!

Krypton your rifle, get some repro AOR1 and start using google images as a reference source, there's enough images of Iraq and Afghan with SEALs there to know what gear you need.

Might come across as harsh, but these days putting together a a crap impression is inexcusable even on a budget if that applies.
                        Inexcusable????!!! You do realise this is airsoft and we play with toy guns right?? Its not life or death. Its called an "interpretation" for a reason.

you don't just come across harsh you sound like a bit of a douche! (sure your a very nice person really!)
                        TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

iPad auto correct can be a pain. If krypton paint does exist though it'd make taking down superman easier!

I don't want to sound like a douche, not my intention but these days there's so so so much reference material on google, and even if you can't buy real aor1 etc, getting together a reasonable impression on the cheap isn't that hard as there's so many photos to base a load out on. Even CoD and MoH is fairly accurate. What I mean is its not like 20 years ago when the Internet wasn't around and digital media didn't exist like it does today etc. back then it would have been tough to put together something, especially as I don't think Airsoft was even around then?

All I'm trying to say is these days with the Internet it's harder to get an impression wrong than it is right. I think US issue flying suits are about £30 on eBay or militaria sites for example.

Personally I'd replace the jump suit for a set of tri colour BDU's either desert or woodland, instant improvement, then the jacket pockets can be modified to replicate a RAIDS shirt which is easy enough if you know a good tailor. All of which would probably cost £40 and most of that could be off set by selling the RAF flying suit.
                          HK 416
                          Sig 226

Zero Fucks Given...

Comment

Now i see what you meant. Poor choice of words maybe
                            TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

Originally posted by sam_G View Post
                              Now i see what you meant. Poor choice of words maybe
                              Thanks ok dude, ill be honest that last night I'd had a couple of beers and typing after drinking is like giving a monkey a gun, well in my case anyway!!!

It was meant to be constructive criticism but re-reading it, it sounds like a dumb ass comment from me!

Hopefully with some guidance and encouragement he can get his interpretation/impression the way he wants it, which after all is what really matters
                              HK 416
                              Sig 226

Zero Fucks Given...

Comment

Seems some people ought to think about re-enactment more than airsoft when it comes to real loadouts. I understand people pick a unit and try to look accurate doing it but airsoft is a sport and kit gets knackered doing it, so why would you wear expensive real items for them to get ruined. If you want to get as accurate as possible with real kit why not try re-enactment and realy do your loadouts justice? Myself I use a black loadout for airsoft but I am reading the SEALS threads intensily because I am looking at putting a DEVGRU re-enactment team together in the future, so perhaps some of the members might be interested in the future. Lets try and keep this thread on topic and help where people can.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Babyalien Easy going fella, always up for a laugh. Crude sense of humour. Find out more about Babyalien
                                Working...
                                X