Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

need some help please with a msot/msoc (marine special operations team) loadout.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: need some help please with a msot/msoc (marine special operations team) loadout.

Originally posted by Fenrisianspirit View Post
    DEVGRU (AKA SEAL Team 6) use the 416 and probably can get away with the MBAV as well.
    hmm and that way i could wear aor2 as well

thanks
    Rune.

To see more of my teams photography check out our facebook page. Likes and shares are always welcome!
    https://www.facebook.com/milsimsouthwest/

Comment

Re: need some help please with a msot/msoc (marine special operations team) loadout.

well CAG use / used the 416 but now use 417, as far as i know it never got to the seals to test they used SCAR but i havn't really looked into, from the look the MBAV is much more of a navy thing as ive seen a fair few pics of force recon wearing it back in the day.

but anyway... SEALS would defo be the easiest if you have those two items already, I perfer the 2000 over the 01 or 02 but any of them will work,
      for me
      if it was me i would do this

MICH 2000 - with NVG mount/ rhino arm strobe .. done and maybe a lick of paint
      HK 416 - with eotech and peq 14
      MBAV
      BDU trousers / ACU top
      MAP pack
      medic pouch
      flexi cuffs
      personal lanyard
      CAT
      smoke grenade
      some glow sticks
      m4 pouches
      kneepads/gloves what ever as long as now black really

drop legs / other stuff if u want it but i would hitch everything to the MBAV from most of the pictures everything is attached to the RIG apart from a few pieces like personal lanyard and some times pistol which are attached to the riggers belt and of course drop legs

if you havn't got a side arm a 226 or 1911 would be a safe bet, in either a safari land or serpa, serap being the safest option, then either belt mount or leg mount to the belt.. i.e it attached to the belt but with the leg strap round the thigh or hitch it to the mbav.

Comment

To be fair with an MBAV you can get away with most USSF... Its just the HK416... I thought DEVGRU used LBT stuff?

*EDIT: Off the top of my head a quick DEVGRU loadout would be:
        Helmet: Ops core FAST ballistic/MICH 2001 w/Wilcox L2 G05 mount, velcro, manta or V strobes, counterweight pouch. Probably could get away with a 2000 (I prefer them anyway)
        Comtac IIs
        Oakley M frames

LBT 6094B/A in AOR1/AOR2/MC with assorted LBT pouches
        -OR-
        LBT 1961G over LBT 6094B slick again AOR1/AOR2/MC

AOR1/AOR2/MC Combat shirt (AC or G3)
        AOR1/AOR2/MC Combat trousers AC
        Civvie hiking boots like Scarpa Kailashs or Merrells

Going loosely off this guy:

He's got a black underarmour American football hand warmer on and a realtree hunting jacket.

Don't mean to sound like a d*ck...
        Last edited by Sgt_bob; 6 September, 2012, 11:59.

Comment

Whoops didn't realise skull wasn't talking about making a DEVGRU loadout (pretty sure they've got the 416s though bud) well I can't edit it now apparently...

What colour is your MBAV? As that's kind of a determining factor in what loadout you go for...

Comment

i thought they were field testing the 417 or so the rumour goes, and i just assumed as they used the 416, anyway i kinda de-railed the topic alot :S

ha, i love that guy i keep looking at my realtree shootin stuff and walking boots going is it a good excuse to buy a Scar and a MBAV :D

anyway back to topic :-

it really depends on what your aiming for i have found it easier to aim at 1 pic and get basiclly what he has without adding my own stuff or mixing between 3-4 photos as that just makes it bad instead of making a generic SF as some peeps ( MARSOC use specific marine scopes while others will use different) yes it is true that TIER 1 can use what they want but they mostly get the really expensive just issued gear to field test/ while something like MARSOC just get issued everything, as you can see the guy above is using a Realstree jacket becuase it works for him, shotguning the SF world an buying everything A - makes it expensive B - makes it heavy ... done it once/twice i run light weight gear with what i need / looks good in real life/ photos.

i like AOR2 got myself a real pair of trousers/top but i would defo mix-match it with something else and wear a tan rig - all AOR for me doesn't feel right but at the end of the day as i said find a pic and go for it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

runefire01 Find out more about runefire01
            Working...
            X