2013 Circa 75th Ranger Kit Advice and "area"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013 Circa 75th Ranger Kit Advice and "area"

Sgt bobs are genuine crye whereas mine are Emerson, currently on the lookout for some crye stuff myself

Comment

What's your thoughts on the Emerson stuff like are there any issues with it such as it's shiny, bad stitching, itchy, anything since it's a clone?
      sigpic

Interested? PM me.

Comment

I'm actually the guy with the eagle pc's for sale (closed down shop who had brought a load in!). I use one myself for one of my loadouts and at just under 5' 8" with 42" chest the L/XL fits fine. Don't forget the sizing is actually down to the SAPI plates that it is intended for rather than how big you actually are BTW!

Comment

It's good for a guideline though since I want to make sure I haven't got a carrier that's gonna be a pain in the ass to wear but I am considering buying one, just need to get the money together for this stuff.
          sigpic

Interested? PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bam Curry View Post
            Ok kk and thanks for the advice. Plus Rangers aren't actually USSF are they but more USSOF.
            which was my point entirely, I did not ever want a USSF thread. I do Ranger impressions.

- - - Updated - - -

good luck with the Kitlist. You said your on the FB page which is a good start. I also suggest checking out the other large airsoft forum which has the same name as the Terminator actor. It has a really good Ranger thread with some input from guys who have served in the Ranger Regt or been on operations with them.

Comment

Some threads on an american site have some great pics and kit lists too.

I've heard good things about Allwin replica Crye's (except for dodgy sizing) so maybe worth looking into those if you're on a budget...

I would mention that patience is a virtue worth having though as I managed to buy my Crye set for about £105 all in off a certain auction site... Regret buying the Helikon Shirt prior now.

Comment

Bob

Out of curiosity what is the Helikon shirt like, good quality or questionable?

Yep take your time with putting kit together, as easy as it is to rush out and buy everything its good to do a bit at a time. Yes ok it will take you a little longer to put everything together but its bound to save you a few £ here and there.

Also do not be afraid to have a look at the collecting forums around the net, have a look at groupings of gear that people pick up. You'll notice every so often uniforms that are commercially available to everyone get used too, so keep that in mind and note company names down to help source bits that distributors may have in the UK.

Comment

I only tried it once, but I actually quite like it. I think it's based off of the G1 Crye's, from what I can tell the material on the camo parts is pretty strong, it looks like a similar material as my Cryes. My only gripe is the body is more like a spandex thermal as opposed to the more fabric-y material on the Crye ACs which I don't trust as much.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bam Curry Find out more about Bam Curry
                  Working...
                  X