United States Special Forces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: United States Special Forces

Woops! Army Custom sorry. I keep saying my G3 but its not at all.

I really love my Scarpa Kailash's. Very comfy hugging boots, so much so I didnt even have to break them in over a weekender which is a first to me.

The Firstspear pouches are excellent. I have EI single mag pouch on the back and the difference is untellable. Both same texture and feel
    Last edited by Withard; 22 May, 2012, 00:11.
    Rik Jones - South Wales Airsoft

Comment

Withard - the rig looks good, although a little odd - are you running plates or just 'soft armour'? The pouches also look empty which throws it off slightly IMO. What hydro are you using, I can't see clearly but I'd guess a charge pouch? If so, that's a nice alternate to the big and bulky Eagle hydro - I've got a similar set-up on my as yet untrialled SF MBAV. What made you go for FirstSpear pouches over Eagle? I like the black pouch, most people foolishly assume that you have to run a single colour scheme but there are plenty of pics of Army SF and Rangers running mismatched colours on their rigs.

I've got a few FirstSpear pouches now (flashbangs, M4 mags and a Self-Aid pouch and insert) and I must admit that I'm very impressed with the quality of them. I brought my flashbang pouches literally off the recommendation and a quick pic of my team-mate's new ones. Another team-mate had one of the MICH covers, which was pretty good as well.

Comment

@ AtomicAardvark

Thanks boss. I have BAE Soft inserts (Frag-9mm) but took them out and put them back in the packing so I just have some small cardboard fakes inside it atm. The Hydro is a Eagle Industries Backpack with a pantac charge pouch. I went for FirstSpear after reading up on them and finding out more about them (Ex EI etc) but also if im honest because they actually had the stuff in stock and didnt cost 80 quid for a double mag pouch with 27 bids etc. So hard to get the gear so I simply went for what I think is just as good (Got a single EI mag pouch to go off and there isnt any difference as I can tell). I dont believe its all "EI or nothing EI is the best blah blah blah" as I have been finding a fair few forums where hardcore EI users are now jumping ship to FS now as well as a few other cheaper products.

All opinions tho I guess I like both but I try to get the cheap bits when I can.
        Rik Jones - South Wales Airsoft

Comment

@Withard
          Nice kit bud, not sure how accurate you were trying to be with the kit, but the things I'd change would be as follows:
          Swap out the Ops DA trousers for Gen 2 AC trousers or alternatively some field trousers (seen them in use with arc'teryx knee pads etc)
          The blaster looks a little bit out of place in contrast to the loadout, and i think its the flash-hider, the optic and the paint job perhaps spray it with more sand colours to break it up, and I dont think the Rangers are using ACOGs at all anymore. But otherwise solid effort and kudos on actually winning a real MBAV! I ended up buying a PC as I couldn't find one!

better picture of ma rig:
          Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
          It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Originally posted by Nun-Chuck View Post
            @Withard
            Nice kit bud, not sure how accurate you were trying to be with the kit, but the things I'd change would be as follows:
            Swap out the Ops DA trousers for Gen 2 AC trousers or alternatively some field trousers (seen them in use with arc'teryx knee pads etc)
            The blaster looks a little bit out of place in contrast to the loadout, and i think its the flash-hider, the optic and the paint job perhaps spray it with more sand colours to break it up, and I dont think the Rangers are using ACOGs at all anymore. But otherwise solid effort and kudos on actually winning a real MBAV! I ended up buying a PC as I couldn't find one!

better picture of ma rig:
            Looks good. However to be a true impersonation, them pmags will have to go.! Great job.! Would do a true impression myself, but I HATE wearing helmets.!!
            “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Originally posted by dannyeprice23 View Post
              However to be a true impersonation, them pmags will have to go.!
              Why that might be?

Withard - having had another look at the pics, and taking into account the comments that Nun-Chuck posted I think that the TM Recce is possibly an issue - in so much as it lacks an accurate Daniel Defense RIS from what I can see. If you swapped the current RIS out for a M4 DD replica (Madbull for example) and went with a standard flash hider then it'd look more 'real'. ACOG is fine and a little bit more unique than the 553, one popped up in the recent pics from CAPEX 12 so it's kosher. A bit of paint on the gun though would add to the BTDT feel of it. Whilst the plates and soft armour might not be to everyone's liking, I'd run them (and do in my MBAV) as it gives it a bit more bulk and shape (and, afterall is what is being done downrange).

Nun-Chuck - you're rig catches that period over the last 1-2 years where the Regiment has been slowly swapping out kit nicely. My only suggestions would be to add a subdued flag patch onto one of those shirt pockets and to add a MBITR shell. Are you running a sling on the Mk18? Not a real fan of those admin pouches, but after trawlling my reference pics (in particularly the CAPEX 12 ones, there's a lot of admin pouches in use - albeit the other type, with the flashlight bit).

All in all, two good impressions in the building.

Comment

Originally posted by AtomicAardvark View Post
                Why that might be?
                as of this week, the american government have banned all use of what they call, 'high performance magazines' meaning pmags and similar are no longer going to be in service. some stupid legality issue i believe. completely stupid move if you ask me, when every report you hear from actice troops and operators, cannot praise the Pmag enough. its lighter, and has been proved to reduce jamming and misfeeding by 50% due to the self leveling follower. instead they have outlawed them after ordering millions of dollars worth from magpul, and have spent a further shit ton of money improving the design of the original steel cased magazine. which is still, and wont be as good as the Pmag.

just thought this might be worth mentioning incase nobody else has read about it yet and are planning a loadout wanting it to be 100% accurate.
                “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

as of this week, the american government have banned all use of what they call, 'high performance magazines' meaning pmags and similar are no longer going to be in service. some stupid legality issue i believe. completely stupid move if you ask me, when every report you hear from actice troops and operators, cannot praise the Pmag enough. its lighter, and has been proved to reduce jamming and misfeeding by 50% due to the self leveling follower. instead they have outlawed them after ordering millions of dollars worth from magpul, and have spent a further shit ton of money improving the design of the original steel cased magazine. which is still, and wont be as good as the Pmag.

just thought this might be worth mentioning incase nobody else has read about it yet and are planning a loadout wanting it to be 100% accurate.
                  Can you provide a source please?

Was thinking about getting some PMags to play with.
                  "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                  Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...ifle-mags.html

Comment

That's the one (above)

Comment

That's very interesting.

And now it raises the question, S.E.A.L.s are Navy, are they affected by this development or is it just the Army?

Comment

Couldn't tell you I'm afraid matey, and can't find any further info, however I think that the troops themselves aregonna kick off about the whole thing, therefore is could be changed again before anyone knew they got banned in the first place.

Comment

I can imagine the troops not being best pleased.

Lighter magazines? Only an idiot would say no to that. And the fact that they reduce stoppages, perhaps even to a considerable degree? Bloody awesome.

I also imagine they wouldn't get as hot to the touch when compared to metal mags.

Comment

as of this week, the american government have banned all use of what they call, 'high performance magazines' meaning pmags and similar are no longer going to be in service...

...just thought this might be worth mentioning incase nobody else has read about it yet and are planning a loadout wanting it to be 100% accurate.
                              To be fair, it's doubtful whether this will make much difference as Army Rangers fall under the umbrella of SOCOM and therefore enjoy a 'little' more latitude when it comes to kit. That being said, normal mags (i.e. the metal mags) are in use as well - as clearly seen in this pic of Rangers during CAPEX 12 (guy 2nd left is using both normal mags and Magpul ones):

As an aside, I also run both type of mags on my SF MBAV.

Comment

you are more than likely much more clued up on the subject than me, as you have gone for the loadout therefore would have researched it, however...and correct me if i am wrong, but even SOCOM units, although get more free reign of gear that they use, are they still not limited to items/weapons etc that as been deemed fit for purpose by the army? cause thats where this has come from, the idiots who sit behind a desk saying that a polymer magazine cant be as good as one made from metal....even though that couldnt be further from the truth.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

nice_guy_andy Find out more about nice_guy_andy
                                Working...
                                X