Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: United States Special Forces

Originally posted by voodooTheMarshmallow View Post
    I'm not saying your talking bs...but it's very untrue.

So they can wear say russian flora and demand a Steyr from the armorer...

*The only unit that I've ever seen to anything at all like that with kit are diggers*
    The point being staying in uniform is not as strictly inforced. Man jams and local wear is not frowned opon persay. Weapons wise. If they can find it they do have the option to take it along. Its not uncommon in the more liberal units seeing a ak beating around in the truck. When you start talking oda and delta if there's something that gets the job done then yes different weapons and uniforms can be part of the job.

Comment

he looks like regular infantry rather than anything SF.
      The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Originally posted by Stones View Post
        he looks like regular infantry rather than anything SF.
        Going by his insignia he's airbourne, so not tier 1 but not regular
        Fire Team Zulu
        Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
        http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

plus, he be a private of some kind.
          The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

25th Infantry Division insignia suggests not, alongside the kit.

No doubt he's doing a stirling job, and being caught in an IED blast is really putting your life on the line for the cause. Not sure this is the right thread though?

And why must ever SF thread descend into people claiming 'they can wear whatever they want'... The only place that seems to be true is in Mali, where the African SF seem to get first pick of the charity shop.

Comment

Originally posted by burner208 View Post
              The point being staying in uniform is not as strictly inforced. Man jams and local wear is not frowned opon persay. Weapons wise. If they can find it they do have the option to take it along. Its not uncommon in the more liberal units seeing a ak beating around in the truck. When you start talking oda and delta if there's something that gets the job done then yes different weapons and uniforms can be part of the job.
              I'm talking about your friend , who isn't SF so doesn't get to use whatever he wants.
              SF can use a wider variation of kit than most units but it almost always pre described kits , different kit is used for different ops but not in the way of "can use what they want".

Example:
              1: SEALS going in for a raid on a compound known to be home to a HVT , in and out quick mission. Take lighter kit , high speed low drag sort of stuff.
              2: SEALS going in chooks to a set of mountains to try and clear and eliminate any resistance with a Ranger QRF. Take full combat load , more firepower ext.

Kit changes but only to an extent. It is indeed not uncommon for some captain americas to have AKs and other systems but they don't just decide to bring Tar21s , F200s , Sigs because simply budgets aren't that good in the military , they'd sure love to have enough money to do that but they won't give guns out 'just cause'.

* As somebody has already posted , he is not really included as a SF operator so perhaps this is the wrong thread?*

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

good photo's none the less though.
                The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Excellent photos! Nice to see pics of the 25th on here, a truly awesome unit!
                  HK 416
                  Sig 226

Geronimo - For God and Country

Zero Fucks Given...

Comment

Good to see the standard SF thread format! Good work!

Comment

Yes while the pictures are impressive and appreciated, I wasmaking a point that they dont feature USSF. This thread was created as a US Ranger thread, which was changed to USSF thread (water under the bridge, really, no honest it doesnt bother me!)
                      I am not saying this guys service is less important, all I was making a point of was that it might not be relevant to this particular thread. Previous additions to this thread have been modded/deleted/burned due the post being in the wrong place.

My previous post was also done on mobile so apologises if it was curt & possibly arrogant.

Comment

My HPC in it's current set-up (based on the Army SF CapEx pics from 2011 and 2012 with a few minor tweaks). I just finished putting it together in the last week (although it was trialled at Stirling's Op VIKING last year), and will be getting a run out at Stirling's Op WOLFHOUND this weekend.

Paraclete HPC w/CB
                        Paraclete shingle on a tearaway MOLLE panel (under CB)
                        Tactical Tailor Magna double pistol
                        Paraclete MBITR
                        FirstSpear double FB
                        FirstSpear single FB
                        Camelbak Pakteen
                        TYR Tactical Micro SOF IFAK
                        Paraclete small GP
                        FirstSpear armour carrier shoulder pads
                        Carabiner
                        VIP strobe
                        U94 PTT
                        IR chem light

Comment

• Originally posted by nice_guy_andy View Post
                          Today at the Sandpit
                          Fella I think I may have seen you over the sandpit. Was you down for the game where the AP guys came down there? Few months ago was a big game day, only 2 games! It's just I remember seeing USSF guys there, well, kit they were wearing and carrying kinda looks like yours mate?

Comment

Only been the once, in January. Was a few games played the day I was there. Trying to get the rest of my team down for sometime in March.

Comment

• Oh right sweet mate, I may see you down there one day

Comment

My bunch of Nija's

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

nice_guy_andy Find out more about nice_guy_andy
                                Working...
                                X