United States Special Forces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: United States Special Forces

You say RAV most people think UKSF not US. Have they been used? Yes most likely. But I can't say I have any reference photos of any using RAV's.... unless you count SWCC (or was that RMV's??)
    Catch me on Instagram @Weaponhit_Robson

Comment

RAV is perfectly fine for an early CAG-esque impression and probably other impressions as well

KWA LM4 || TM/Guarder G17

Gear freak, lover of helmets and TRMR's

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by janash37 View Post
        Forgot to say in my last post Sparky... love this loadout! Only thing I'd change personally is the lid as I've never been a fan of the Ops Cores and love my MICH 2000s, but that's just my opinion :p

May have to crack out my mtp and run a similar loadout for woodland and keep the PCU for cqb!
        Appreciate that man i have been thinking about picking up a MICH not so much to replace the ops core but more to add to the collection current loadout is growing so watch this space for a couple of new posts from me !
        happy hunting brother !

Comment

Originally posted by blackhawk_ranger View Post
          You say RAV most people think UKSF not US. Have they been used? Yes most likely. But I can't say I have any reference photos of any using RAV's.... unless you count SWCC (or was that RMV's??)
          Originally posted by SicklyPilot View Post
          RAV is perfectly fine for an early CAG-esque impression and probably other impressions as well
          Thank guys

I would like to do a UKSF loadout but as I'm planning on using a M249 (due to not wanting to buy a new gun having just got a Galil) I feel it would work slightly better for a USSF loadout or possibly a SFSG one
          Fire Team Zulu
          Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
          http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

So, the CIRAS was short lived. Was a bit too bulky for me so it's now up for sale. Managed to pick up a Paraclete HPC and decided to shift my focus to the 2011 CapEx pics, in particular this chap:

By the way, I'm not even sure what branch of the Army he's from, any ideas?

Here's a couple of pics of me from today

Ignore the Brit patches, I hate bare Velcro and they were all I had!
            KWA LM4 || TM/Guarder G17

Gear freak, lover of helmets and TRMR's

Comment

Originally posted by Nickona View Post
              Anyone know how accurate a Paraclete RAV is for a USSF loadout?
              Whilst I've got to agree that RAVs are more common for UKSF, or early Delta/CAG loadouts/impression, there are some pictures around of Army SF running RAVs - both during training in the US and during operations in Iraq. If desired, I can try and dig out some from my HDD.

By the way, I'm not even sure what branch of the Army he's from, any ideas?
              He's Army SF, assigned to the JFKSWCS I believe. Funnily enough my HPC is set-up very similarly to that featured in the reference picture, with a few minor, personal tweaks to meet my own preferences (#491).

Comment

Originally posted by AtomicAardvark View Post
                Whilst I've got to agree that RAVs are more common for UKSF, or early Delta/CAG loadouts/impression, there are some pictures around of Army SF running RAVs - both during training in the US and during operations in Iraq. If desired, I can try and dig out some from my HDD.
                Some reference pics would be great if you could find them, thanks a lot
                Fire Team Zulu
                Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
                http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

Pictures range from 2007 through to 2010, and where known I've indicated which SF Group it is:

10th Group

Mosul, 2007

Comment

Finally, the first pictures... Sorry it's taken so long! First up is the helmet. Not sure if I'm 100% happy with it and I know I need a one hole but that's a way off yet. The colours are a bit off because of the flash, it's all a bit more subdued in normal light. Let me know what you think though!

WP_20130812_002.jpg
                    WP_20130812_004.jpg
                    WP_20130812_005.jpg
                    WP_20130812_006.jpg

Please excuse my poor attempt at propping the front up a bit in that last one :p
                    Last edited by janash37; 12 August, 2013, 19:36.

Comment

Looks good, but I'd add some additional Velcro over the MS2000 to ensure that it stays in place and also maybe swap the parcel tape for 90mph/100mph tape (or remove the goggle straps altogether). You mention a 1-hole mount, so I'm assuming that it's for a Army Rangers loadout; or maybe Army Special Forces?

Comment

Yea, Rangers. You're right, need to swap out the parcel tape when I can... it's not particularly strong. Had the bunny ears on there because originally I was going to have my tikka headlamp on there (also helping to strap down the MS2000), but it looks weird given it's pretty much ddpm in colour. Might try and spray it black so it fits in.

Comment

rangers use velcro to keep the bunny ears in place I believe. and your helmet could maybe use a paintjob? other than that I like it.

and if you decide to paint your helmet:

Comment

To change up all the ranger'ness in here, heres my Devgru impression wip. i still need to get a few things but enjoy.
                            p.s i use my ptw instead of my 416, the 416's a back up. but hoping to get a conversion kit for my ptw soon.

20130813_222720.jpg
                            20130813_222817.jpg
                            20130813_222935.jpg
                            20130813_222954.jpg
                            20130813_223004.jpg
                            t.jpg

cheers

Comment

Ignore the Brit patches, I hate bare Velcro and they were all I had!
                              Well you are British (I presume) so wear the Union Flag, irrespective of the load out. You wouldn't get the yanks doing it I'm sure!
                              sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

i'd never wear a flag that's not my own countrys, even if I was doing an impression.
                                The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

nice_guy_andy Find out more about nice_guy_andy
                                Working...
                                X