Autonomous sniper loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Autonomous sniper loadout

ive played larger milsim games with my mp5/m4/m203 and had my aps2 attached to my back (and can be fitted visa versa. This while being a little bulky was handy as soon as we took the building we are designated to hold the sniper rifle comes out and placed in a vantage point making it available for use by the whole team for when we need that bit more range.

This is quite an undertaking and physically demanding so i wouldnt recommend it unless its in a high end milsim type event and you will be holding a building and providing cover and support for other buildings and assault teams.

It also makes it more viable for us as it wont just be one person using the rifle its there for whoever needs it. In the situation described i would recommend carrying a standardised belt line that you can wear for a side arm when using the bolt action rifle and add in a vest/chest rig that will keep the mags for your m4 when you are running your m4.

Until your team gets a bit bigger and you are playing big games where carrying a team sniper rifle is an option it might be an idea to focus on one role instead of trying to do two at the same time.

Hope this helps.
    theres nothing better than when your friends show up with a whole lotta guns!

Comment

stupid no edit. gun is not attached to my back rather my back pack.
      theres nothing better than when your friends show up with a whole lotta guns!

Comment

I've played a few milsims at UA and seen a sniper team with all the kit you could imagine a real life sniper team would carry. Rucks, drag-bag for the M14 DMR, sniper equipped with M4 and spotter with M16/203.
        They played like a real team, the spotter even had some binz and was telling the sniper how low the shot was...
        For that kind of play at milsims and weekenders it would be excellent. In a normal skirmish it would be bulky, slow and impractical.

Take your primary and a sidearm- as far as I'm aware, most sites require you to take a sidearm if you have a high powered weapon so you can shoot indoors and wont take someone's face off.

If you have to, take a small AEG like an MP5k/MP7.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

AVR-30 Find out more about AVR-30
        Working...
        X