will this kit pass off as nam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: will this kit pass off as nam

Here's my attempt...not based on any unit or anything and as such not in anyway authentic....just gives the impression of Nam rather than replicating it.

OD Pants and boonie
    Jigerstripe jacket
    M56/Patt 58 webbing
    Jungle Boots: All black - not the OD canvas sided version : (
    JG M733 with XM177 flashider & Carry Handle Scope

sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Comment

I like you style Mr. Hellfish, Now is it me or is your webbing belt very high?? It looks like its quite a way up. Going back to the 58' pattern webbing. Austrailia was in the common wealth, you can assume that they might of got some british gear kicking around even if its no historically accurate. You can get a full set of it for £25 on ebay and then you sell what you dont need and mix and match with other poucher. eg:m56

Comment

Webbing belt sits perfectly on me TBH....pretty comfy as far as old webbing goes!

: D
        sigpic

Comment

With regards to 58' pattern webbing. A certain airsoft magazine did a section on the ASASR in vietnam, there is a line in there that relates to the documented evidence of an ASASR trooper using components of 58' pattern webbing. Now you can take it or leave it. As it does say trooper, it may of been used on a miniscule scale however used none the less.

Comment

Cheap and cheerful Nam loadout:

Last edited by Hellfish; 22 June, 2011, 14:51.
            sigpic

Comment

Nice work, I just need to find a piece of Oxfordshire that looks like the Mekong and I shall get some pictures up on here

Comment

Namsofters, need advice!

Got bitten by the nam bug and have started trying to construct my first loadout. I originally bought a set of tiger stripe BDUs for use in regular airsoft, but a short trip to War and Peace and I've built this 'Nam themed, non-unit specific loadout.

It is designed for use with a Thompson (because, well, I love my Thompson), but also works with my Uzi (as pictured)

Any advice, pointers etc? Also would like to know if this looks like any existing unit for reference
                G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Try here http://vietnamwarreenacting.proboards.com/index.cgi this is a Vietnam war re-enacting site, and I know a lot of guys have kit for sale and you will also find lots of helpful information.

Comment

Black PJ's and a "captured" M14 That's the cheap way to do it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeviv View Post
                      Namsofters, need advice!

Got bitten by the nam bug and have started trying to construct my first loadout. I originally bought a set of tiger stripe BDUs for use in regular airsoft, but a short trip to War and Peace and I've built this 'Nam themed, non-unit specific loadout.

It is designed for use with a Thompson (because, well, I love my Thompson), but also works with my Uzi (as pictured)

Any advice, pointers etc? Also would like to know if this looks like any existing unit for reference
                      Mmm.... Tigers really push you out of 'infantry' territory and into 'LRRP/SF/Advisor' territory- and that thrives on detail rather than generic.

Tiger boonie would be better and ditching the buttpack would be good start for a more 'SF' loadout...also adding a Chicom chest rig for the extra Uzi mags

Oh, and I think you might want to adjust the suspenders a bit, it looks like it's sat rather too high....

And your trouser belt is a rather too modern.
                      Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint....

Comment

Hawke Sr (RM 1956 -1986) had a fairly spectacular fight in Hong Kong when I was VERY small. A member of the USMC asked "why you English ain't in the 'Nam?" Well, dad's a Jock, so that gripped him initially, and he's fantastically undiplomatic, so answering "cos the Vietcong seem to be doing alright without us" went down like a pint of cold sick.
                        Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Originally posted by demoncase View Post
                          Mmm.... Tigers really push you out of 'infantry' territory and into 'LRRP/SF/Advisor' territory- and that thrives on detail rather than generic.

Tiger boonie would be better and ditching the buttpack would be good start for a more 'SF' loadout...also adding a Chicom chest rig for the extra Uzi mags

Oh, and I think you might want to adjust the suspenders a bit, it looks like it's sat rather too high....

And your trouser belt is a rather too modern.
                          Cheers for the advice. I'm ideally looking to run this with an M16VN when I get my hands on one- made the interesting choice of buying gear BEFORE I buy the gun.

thanks for the points on the suspenders, I wasn't sure how high they should be. Belt I know is modern, was just a quick throw on when I took the photos.
                          G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                          RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeviv View Post
                            Cheers for the advice. I'm ideally looking to run this with an M16VN when I get my hands on one- made the interesting choice of buying gear BEFORE I buy the gun.

thanks for the points on the suspenders, I wasn't sure how high they should be. Belt I know is modern, was just a quick throw on when I took the photos.
                            I used to do Vietnam war re-enactment, so here a bit of advice for your tiger stripes, don't tuck in the shirt/jacket m8, they was designed to keep you cool in tropic temperatures, tucking them in will make you over heat and they was always worn outside the pants. Also get a tiger stripe booney hat, was the most common headgear apart from special forces who sometimes wore there berets.

Comment

Very Nice Aeviv, you can also rock a green bandanna round your noggin. I have a thompson for some early war based stuff and the chi-com rig is fantastic for the mags. Im so gutted about not been able to get down to war and peace, I really need some jungle boots and trousers to finish off my loadout. At the moment I'm using german od ones, but don't tell anyone. Looking forward to seeing when its finished.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Vantage Find out more about Vantage
                              Working...
                              X