Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My ACU Loadout

Originally posted by mack View Post
    reversed flag right arm, ordinary flag left arm, which looks correct in your last photo.
    I've recently been informed that this is not true, that was what we used to do with our Spec-Ops Command team until I've got it updated.

You wear one on your right arm and if you want vest.

Reversed = Offensive Missions / AO
    Normal = Defensive Missions / AO

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

Oh right fair play mate- must be why when i was trying to find an answer on google, i couldnt get a definitive answer...not much room for one on my vest tho, its taken up with my name tape lol.
      "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered
      automatic weapons."

Comment

It still looks very good though my friend =)

I still have my ACU's hung up in my wardrobe, unfortunately since doing spec-ops we shifted over to it, still good though =)

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

Thanks very much :D

Cool...must admit i am looking into getting some Pantera wz.93. for the days where maybe i dont want to stand out like a sore thumb lol.
          "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered
          automatic weapons."

Comment

Army Regulation 670-1, “Wear and Appearance of Army Uniforms and Insignia,”

addresses explicitly the proper and lawful placement of the U.S. flag patch on the Army uniform.The regulation states that when authorized for application to the proper uniform the American flag patch is to be worn, right or left shoulder, so that “the star field faces forward, or to the flag’s own right. When worn in this manner, the flag is facing to the observer’s right, and gives the effect of the flag flying in the breeze as the wearer moves forward. The appropriate replica for the right shoulder sleeve is identified as the ‘reverse side flag’.”

Civilians often wonder why the US Army Flag Patch is reversed. The answer is: not all Army Flag Patches are reversed, but only those worn on the right shoulder. The reason has to do with proper display of the flag.The blue field of stars should always be in the highest position of honor. When viewing the flag on a wall, the highest position of honor is the upper left when displayed horizontally, and at the top (upper left) when displayed vertically. When displayed on a "moving object" like a person or vehicle, the highest position of honor is the front, and not the rear; so the field of blue should be displayed to the front.

Comment

Hmm except I've heard this directly from someone who just spent months with US Soldiers and corrected my uniform on this matter, guess we will hold comment until we see a U.S. Soldier on the forum then hah

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

What I've heard, and I've been in contact with a lot of current and ex-US service members, is in combat it's a reversed (normally IR can be subdued) flag on the right arm, this is more the case now as the US Army has transitioned to the ACS for the majority of combat ops and this only has room for one flag... When greenside soldiers wear their coloured flags on both arms along with all unit and branch insignia (again this is more evident on SF soldiers than "standard" infantry).

Comment

This should explain any queries you'll have with US army uniforms (don't worry there is a contents page) :p
                  http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/r670_1.pdf

Comment

Hi Guys sorry to hijack the thread but i dont know if you have checked the gear for sale on here,
                    as im selling my complete ACU Digital loadout which is complete with genuine US Army ACU Digital jacket and trousers...need to sell as need room for new loadout...all offers considered

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ratziller Find out more about Ratziller
                    Working...
                    X